NORTH MOUNTAIN MEDICAL AND REHABILITATION CENTER Employee Reviews

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
Great place to work with a fantastic staff. Management really cares about it's staff. Advancement opportunities are available. Overall a great place to work.
North Mountain is a great place to work!
Lead Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
Hello!
I have been employed at North Mountain for almost 12 years.
I can't see myself working at any other health care facility because of North Mountain's culture. All employees are taught what we call CAPLICO and we practice it daily!
CAPLICO stands for: Customer Second, Accountability , Passion For Learning, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk Taking, Celebration and Ownership.
I love what I do and I love serving our patient's above and beyond.
Our CEO and Director of Nursing are top notch and it shows!
We have been deficiency free for three years and there's a reason for that....... We have the best CEO, Director of Nursing and staff ever!
I would highly recommend working at North Mountain in any position applied for.
You will not be disappointed, I sure wasn't, as I am still employed and have been for almost 12 years!
I encourage you to make today great!
Fun active satisfying
Dietary Aide/Dishwasher and floor tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
I love working here the employees are great the management is awesome the job is rewarding. I don’t plan on leaving. I recommend everyone to apply here!
Great work environment, great people great place for your family and loved ones
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
I love working at Northmountain. It’s an all around good place . Good for the patients and the employees!! I have had such wonderful things happen for me since working here ! I am dedicated to my job and will definitely be here for a while .
Amazing place to work with a great team work atmosphere.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
I enjoy working here for 8 years now. Positive atmosphere with smiling faces. Everyone is watching out for each other for patients safety and care which makes us better providers and team members. So many good friends and support from management.
Warm welcome!
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
I have been with North mountain for about three months. My experience has been nothing but very friendly teammates and great management . Opportunity for advancement seems very likely.
fun fast paced
Medical Records Exe (Current Employee) –  Phx AzApril 17, 2019
There is always something new to learn everyday. It's fast paced and never a boring or dull moment. If your up for a challenge- come apply!!!!!!! The most enjoyable thing about NM is the culture and the staff. I love the idea about the Customer 2nd.
Positive culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
I love the culture we have here at North Mountain Medical and rehab Center. We have a great team that works together to better the lives of our patients. We are like a big family here!
Pros
Sick time, advancement opportunities
Healthy Culture and Strives to be the Best in the Industry
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2019
I have loved working at North Mountain. I have been here for 7 years and have never worked any where better. I am a nurse and help with the admissions. I love the Culture and the support they provide to help me succeed.
Pros
Healthy organization
My Typical Day At Work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  9155 N. 3rd St. Phoenix, AZ, 85020April 13, 2019
My typical day at my job consists of either working on the floor as a C.N.A., as an R.N.A, Dialysis Tech or helping out the staffing coordinator. As a C.N.A., I take patients vital signs, I shower or bathe my patients. I get patients dressed to get up out of bed with a Hoyer lift to and from the wheelchair or walker with a gait belt. The patients get up for all meals, therapy, appointments or activities. I also give patients oral care, nail care, and companionship. Throughout my shift, I also chart electronically each patients Activity of Daily Living. At the end of my shift, I do walking rounds with the oncoming C.N.A. and give them a full report of each patient. I have learned how to take care of patients with foley catheters, wounds, tracheostomies, ventilators, gastrointestinal tubes, T.P.N.'s, dialysis, PICC lines, I.V.'s, colostomy bags, isolation, amputated limbs,parapalegic, quads, total dependent or limited assistance. Management is amazing at my current job. They communicate on a day to day basis, with all 350 staff. We have many different departments at my job, that consist of housekeeping, respiratory therapist, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nursing, activities, RNA, on-site dialysis, an outside hospice service that comes in, social services, dietitian, business office and medical records. The workplace culture we live by our mission each and every day. The hardest part of my job is when patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the patients smile and say thank you, for helping them out throughout their day.
Place would be great if the management was fair and honest!!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2019
Worked here for almost 6 months. This company gloats about how their employees come first and that is far from the truth for me. I am one to own my mistakes and as far as the RT manager, I have never been treated so horribly or disrespected so badly. The nights were very long and eventful but extremely rewarding taking care of these types of patients. This was my first time working in this kind of facility. I have always worked ICU/trauma/ER so it was a huge change of pace for me but the experience was awesome. Had management been fair and honest I would’ve considered retiring for this company! The patients won my heart and made me want to be there. My focus was on them and learning more about their conditions. Gained a lot of knowledge working here for the short time I did. I wish things would’ve turned out completely opposite but sadly due to the choices and behavior of one individual my life has been forever changed and not in a good way except for the knowledge, love and devotion the patients gave me and taught me. If I received anything good from This company it would be the rewarding benefits I received from the patients.
Pros
The patients, co-workers, benefits
Cons
good management, busy, only hire good workers
LPN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2018
Very busy place to work, 14-16 patients a day-all on trach/vents, acute care, co-workers are great , get along with most. management put employees first, lots of rewards and incentives, pay is good, raises are great, we take very good care of our patients. need more employees especially CNAs.
Pros
pay, raises, management, overall enviorment, friendly people
Cons
need more staff (CNAs), dont get in trouble for call offs
If you want experience this is definitely the place to work.
Restorative Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
Love what you, be professional The first interview will be a phone interview and then you will be scheduled to come in and speak with one of the unit managers after that you will be interviewed by the CEO of the company dress professional
Pros
Good Benefits and good pay rate
Cons
They don’t have part time opening
I had a great time working here
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2017
This is a great place to work a lot a good people and a lot of fun what an experience .If i could i would go back i know that building like the back of my hand.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A lot of gossip
friendly staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
Friendly, fast paced environment. Through my internship here I learned about the skilled nursing environment. It is rewarding to help people and their families.
Challenging but rewarding place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85020January 3, 2017
Challenging but rewarding place to work. Offers good experiences for a nurse. Emphasizes team work. Allows for work/cooperation opportunities with RT's, CNAs, PT's.
I worked night shift and then changed to day shift and did not have time to adjust my sleep pattern.
Full Time RRT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2016
I believe in taking exceptional care of my patients and at times the work load was overwhelming. Because I take quality care, I would often forfeit breaks and/or lunch.
Over 10 years of great employment!
Therapy Executive (Current Employee) –  phoemix, AZJuly 20, 2015
I have been employed at North Mountain Medical and Rehab for almost 11 years! It has always been a great place to work; and as we all know with many changes happening within healthcare companies, North Mountain has even improved in its belief of putting Employees first, providing an amazing culture and work environment! I recommend anyone who truly wants to love where they work and have a supportive, caring management staff to apply at North Mountain!
Pros
Employee first!
Cons
Can be physically challenging
Amazing Work Atmosphere
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2015
North Mountain is truly a wonderful place to work! All employees are shown how much they are appreciated and are not taken for granted! They have strong core values, some of which include Celebration and Love one another! I would have to say you are truly blessed if you get the opportunity to be a part of North Mountain Medical & Rehab center!
Nice work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
The residents are lovely, some of the nurses know how to be team players, the other CNA's are great. It's really far though.