North Okaloosa Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good People to Work With
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 16, 2019
Very friendly work environment with great retention rates. Many nursing staff here have been working here for more than 5 yrs. Many have worked here 10+ years. They don’t hire travel nurses.
My Personal experience with management was very good. Most people here are great. However, some of the physicians could be more cordial. Little do they know, it would help with patient care. But what do I know, I’m only the nurse.
There is a ridiculous amount of floating done here. I understand one must float from time to time, but it is not done fairly, and since there are alot of long-time employees here, there is definitely a sense of favoritism that is incorporated in decision making.
PCU and ICU were pretty alright. Med-Surg is a rat race. As usual. I’ve been told that it wasn’t always like that though. Change in leadership, supposedly.
Overall, a friendly small hospital with mostly good people— with it’s usual hospital politics.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Float Schedule is ridiculous. Physician behavior toward nursing staff could be better.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 27, 2019
Poor management. Pay scale needs to be higher. Not much room for advancement. They don’t care about their employees and have no loyalty to those that have been there for many years
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management
Ok place to work
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 18, 2019
Staff should be able to use any health facility instead of just theirs. Higher pay should be given. Better appreciation of staff goes a long way. Being sick is a nightmare with being monitored and restricted.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No breaks
Great co-workers and cafeteria
HIM Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 16, 2019
I worked a temporary job for 6 months. I felt very comfortable there and the permanent employees were wonderful to work with. It was one of my first temporary assignments when I moved to Florida through Landrum Staffing. The Center was a nice facility with great employees, great employees and a good working atmosphere. My temporary salary was excellent. I enjoyed the time I worked there.
Pros
Cafeteria Lunch
Cons
Short lunch break
okaloosa medical center
Permanent acquiring PSG technologist (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 15, 2019
did not give me a lot of opportunities to express myself so that I felt understood at times. did not feel that I was appreciated for all that I put in with this company. did feel that I fairly was treated in that I did not believe that I got a reasonable ability to express the situation.
Pros
lunch
Cons
people
Prepare food for patients
Cook (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Prepare lunch and dinner for patients. Prep Food for next day to be cooked off. Maintain Healthy workplace area for food to prepped or prepared in.Cook off any special orders for patients that’s a written request. Learn patients diet to give patients best meal that’s right for them.
Pros
Free lunches, Vacation time, Sick leave, Great benefits
Great and Professional
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 18, 2018
Enjoyable work environment, professional all around, nice workplace, clean. Staff was very respectful and nice. Boss treated every employee equally all the time.
Pros
Lunch, Training
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLNovember 18, 2018
I would recommend working here. I enjoy my work and the people I work with. There is a lot of team work at this facility. Good staff from nurses, doctors and all crew involved to make this a great hospital
Pros
Good friends
Cons
No compensation on weekends
an unsafe place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2018
an unsafe place to work, arrogant providers, no support from CNO,poor care,low pay, extremely high and unreasonable charges for services- made top 10 hospitals nationwide for overcharging for services
RN (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 8, 2018
Staff was friendly and worked well together. Great management. Flexible hours. Work environment was pleasant and clean. Would recommend for those in the area.
Disfuntional Management Team
Hospital Housekeeping Systems - Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 5, 2018
The management team at ORMC was very dysfunctional, unorganized and displayed little control over most of the operation. Long tenured employees were resistant to change.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 2, 2018
Friendly atmosphere and everyone willing to help nurses grow to their full potential. Great place for new graduate nurses to begin their career. Also, tons of room for growth, promotion, and development.
Pros
promotion
many cut back
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLSeptember 26, 2018
too many days of being sent home early
very stressful not knowing if you will be able to work enough hours to pay your bill
management does not care enough to correct the problems
hard work and poor managment
Registered Nurse-Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 16, 2018
Management is poor and they overwork their employees, which creates low employee retention. By doing this it establishes unsafe working conditions. The environment is miserable.
Pros
Allows overtime
Cons
Poor management
Nice, relaxed environment
Physician (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 30, 2018
I had a great time bit do not get involved into politics. Be very private, do not shsre detsils of your intimate life. Be professional and punctual and everything will go fine.
Enjoyed working ICU
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 4, 2018
I worked day shift and the ICU was busy with frequent patient turnovers. Supported by great pulmonary, vascular/cardiac cath, and nephrology services. Patient readmissions seemed high. Hardworking and caring nursing staff. Staffing ratio was 1 RN to 2 patients with an additional charge nurse and usually a CNA if the unit was more than 60% full. The Critical Care director was outstanding and always supported her staff.
Pros
Nursing staff
Cons
Pushed to move patients out of unit/hospital before they were ready
Exciting and fun learning environment.
Registrar/Administration (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 18, 2018
It was my job to register and discharge patients in and out of the emergency room as well as collect payments and verify insurance. It was a very fast paced and exciting environment to work in. I met new people daily and interacted with patients. I learn so much about medical insurance, billing and coding during my time there.
Pros
Only worked 3-4 days a week
Cons
Worked 12 hour night shifts
Professional work setting
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I take care of all patient needs.
I have learned time management skills in this role.
This facility is a friendly work environment.
It is very hard work along with busy work.
I enjoy taking care of people.
Pros
to further my knowledge in the medical field
Cons
not enough time to take a lunch or too busy to get work done
Unit Sec and Monitor Tech in Progressive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Respect workplace culture, proper clothing , willing to provide generally accepted good management ,such as good communication, study of techniques to help job more sufficient.
Co Workers are great, everything else needs improvement.
Echo Sonographer PRN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 12, 2017
It is a for-profit hospital, things need to change and no one will listen to the changes that need to take place. However, I do love the people I work with. They are family to me.