North Okaloosa Medical Center Employee Reviews

hard work and poor managment
Registered Nurse-Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 16, 2018
Management is poor and they overwork their employees, which creates low employee retention. By doing this it establishes unsafe working conditions. The environment is miserable.
Pros
Allows overtime
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyed working ICU
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLMarch 4, 2018
I worked day shift and the ICU was busy with frequent patient turnovers. Supported by great pulmonary, vascular/cardiac cath, and nephrology services. Patient readmissions seemed high. Hardworking and caring nursing staff. Staffing ratio was 1 RN to 2 patients with an additional charge nurse and usually a CNA if the unit was more than 60% full. The Critical Care director was outstanding and always supported her staff.
Pros
Nursing staff
Cons
Pushed to move patients out of unit/hospital before they were ready
Exciting and fun learning environment.
Registrar/Administration (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 18, 2018
It was my job to register and discharge patients in and out of the emergency room as well as collect payments and verify insurance. It was a very fast paced and exciting environment to work in. I met new people daily and interacted with patients. I learn so much about medical insurance, billing and coding during my time there.
Pros
Only worked 3-4 days a week
Cons
Worked 12 hour night shifts
Professional work setting
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I take care of all patient needs.
I have learned time management skills in this role.
This facility is a friendly work environment.
It is very hard work along with busy work.
I enjoy taking care of people.
Pros
to further my knowledge in the medical field
Cons
not enough time to take a lunch or too busy to get work done
Unit Sec and Monitor Tech in Progressive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Respect workplace culture, proper clothing , willing to provide generally accepted good management ,such as good communication, study of techniques to help job more sufficient.
Co Workers are great, everything else needs improvement.
Echo Sonographer PRN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 12, 2017
It is a for-profit hospital, things need to change and no one will listen to the changes that need to take place. However, I do love the people I work with. They are family to me.
Director health information management (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 7, 2017
does not apply as I made a career change to remote coding, my experience of over 30 years required me to keep my coding skills up-to-date and when to opportunity became available I chose to make a change.
ICU environment with workers was great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLAugust 8, 2017
ICU management did not listen to workers and was unwilling to help out, ICU became the float pool instead of the floors having their own float pool to choose from. ICU nurses I worked with were all amazing and worked well as a team
great work environment
Ophthalmology technician (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 26, 2017
great hours and working environment. great co-workers to work with. the commute was within 30 to 40 minutes and the benefits were comparable to other companies offering similar positions.
Pros
time off
Cons
hours variable
Good place for the inexperienced to gain knowlege
RN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 17, 2017
Not a bad place to work-nice small town feel with (mostly) nice nurses. Administration is not seen much and they definitely do not "have your back" so to say.
Pros
Nice friendly people once they know you
Cons
good place for new nurse
Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLJune 20, 2017
A lot ofwork on the management and patient load, Nurses worked well with each other but material was hard to find, Working with the high acuity and no nurses made high turn of rates for patients and the facilities.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
high ratio of patient
Nice Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 30, 2017
The hospital is going through some managerial changes. The workplace is pleasent and staff is caring. The hardest part of the job is under staffing. Overall, the hospital is making great strides to become a better place to serve the community.
Pros
Staff works together to meet expectations
Cons
Understaffed
poor
RN (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLMay 10, 2017
As a former employee, as well as a patient, this is the most understaffed with the worst care ever. It's not because the nurses and CNA's don't want to give good care, they can't. Pass them by and keep on going to FWB or Pensacola. Oh, they are also the most expensive hospital in the nation.
Pros
Nurses and CNA's are awesome!
Cons
You can't get the care you need and pay for....expensive care you pay for.
Its ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 30, 2017
Its an ok place to work, but you are always short handed usually just 1 CNA to 30 patients and it brings stress and the nurses wont help much because they think they are better than CNAs
Enjoyed family like feeling with coworkers
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Fast paced job which is exciting but can be daunting when high census with critical patients. Great job to learn to set priorities, learn organizational skills
Pros
12 hr shifts, friendly co workers
Cons
Pt overload, poor breaks
Working for Okaloosa Medical Center
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 12, 2016
It was nice working for this hospital. I learned a lot. I had taken a break from Respiratory Therapy after my father and brother and cousin died all within 9 months time and when I returned to Respiratory this was the hospital that hired me and they caught me up on a lot of things. I loved working with the staff.
Great workplace to work
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLApril 2, 2016
My days at work are very well. My employee members treat me like family and show nothing but kindness, helpful,and show appreciation.I've learned the history of North Okaloosa Medical Center and how they continue to help their patients. Knowing how to keep my hospital cleaned and contaminated free.Management is always there to answer any of my questions I have for them. Also letting me know what else is going on in the general hospital, and different ideas on how to make my job much easier. There are no hard part to these particular job. It is mentally and physically doable on daily basis. I would have to say. Knowing that I'm doing my part of keeping my hospital safe for bacteria or any other harmful things. I find enjoyment of knowing I'm helping people and showing that they are cared about from me and other North Okaloosa Medical Center associates.
Pros
Discounts on lunched, and good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly employees and great work atmosphere
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLNovember 23, 2015
The employees are very helpful when you are needing help. The work atmosphere is very calming. The staff makes you feel like you are part of a family.
Great People to work with!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLOctober 30, 2015
The supervisors and co-workers were very friendly, outgoing, and made the work environment enjoyable during the day. I would go back to work for them again if the there is a job for me.
Place Needs Improvement In Alot Of Areas
Registered Nurse, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLSeptember 4, 2015
I worked there for almost 10 years, and have seen the good and bad of this facility. For the most part the people are decent, caring folk, but there is a lack of consistency in communication and accountability. Money is more important than anything else so it seems. People denied pre-approved vacation time, if it put them over 80 hours, if they had to work call in the same pay period. People being sent home early on a regular basis due to low caseload, resulting in having to burn accrued vacation hours in order to make 80 hours. Weekend call team always burned to do elective cases like colonoscopies, EGD's, lap cholecystectomies, etc. God forbid a true emergency comes in while the call team is tied up with these cases. Poor management.