North Philadelphia Health System Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for the organization
Controller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
Leadership were very prudent with the available resources. The patients were their focus and continue to be. Workplace is influenced by union which sometimes impact decision making.
Enjoyable Place to Work
Addiction Recovery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2018
My stay at this site was fun, flexible, and I enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff, and what I was doing. The work culture was good, had the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Stability at the time I was working there (towards the end of my time)
Saving Lives and Community Committment
Community Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2018
North Philadelphia Health Systems saves lives, families and communities. It's recovery program tackle the ongoing opoid crisis and gives its clients the tools they need to survive and thrive. Management and employees are committed to the mission and feel all clients are deserving of a second chance at productive lives. Learning about relapsing clients is the hardest part of the job. Hearing from clients who have been clean doe over five years and more is rewarding. Providing support, encouragement and positive feedback to clients and their families if the most rewarding.
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2018
working for nphs, was a great experience, I learned how a hospital is ran. My co workers were also great I rarely had and issues and everyone was helpful.
Facilty Now Closed.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this small community hospital. Was a caring place, but very small and limited. I enjoyed the time there but needed a challenge and different experience
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  8th Girard aveJanuary 23, 2018
The company was good at the begin of my years it went down little by than one of the hospital close and than layoff .T I last tell I got the job I'm at know
Pros
Cons
15min break only
Productive and good team work along with management
Mental Heath Technician (Former Employee) –  1524 W. Girard AvenueDecember 28, 2017
I will be assigned 4 to 6 clients for contact and monitoring during my shift. I will monitor and document notes on clients movement and behaviors while on the floor. Each client is different and my approach will be different for each client. Management was helpful and professionally during my stay at North Philadelphia Health System. If I needed help during my shift my co workers demonstrated great team work. When i left for another job, because of the relationship i built with co workers and clients. When i can be of service when a client need my help.
Pros
Positive co-workers
Cons
Losing relationships with clients
Great Managment
Workflow Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 27, 2017
Team was ready for new EMR and transition from paper to electronic records.
Payments on time
Remote friendly
Management open to changes
Technology was emerging with implementation
Productive workplace
Mental Health Worker/ Flex (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients & staff. My only problem was the cancellations and short-staffed. This is a good place to work only if you can be employed as full-time, that's when the benefits come to play.
Pros
lunch breaks, open door policy with Supervisors
Cons
Always short-staffed
Great place, learning environment, met wonderful people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2017
It is a good place to work and meet diverse population, great learning environment, the medical doctors did not mind to give explanations concerning disease processes, and management worked with staff for education benefits
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
High potential for compassion fatigue
Counselor III/ Methadone Maintenance Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2017
Stressful work environment and poor management. Administration has minimal contact with work staff. The counselor have excessive amount of clientele. Caseload ranging from 30 to 37 participants.
Pros
N/a
Cons
excessive caseload of clients
It was productive for 9 years
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
My typical day at work was great for 4 years.
I learned to management 6 million A/R.
The culture was not too bad
Management was not productive.
Poor communication
Pros
There is no free food
Cons
good break time
this my opinion about my place of employment
Eligibility Coordinator and Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
reviewing information, I have learned how to deal with various task, to be a team player, prioritizing. I have had a great manager. who has allowed me to work independently allowing me to be a team leader. our work culture is very relaxed. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is poor upper management, and the lack of communication.
Pros
freindy
Cons
lack of communications, poor management
Good Company
Senior Accounts Payable/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
Great people to work with. Good work-life balance. There are some computer issues that are challenging. Management is the best group of people you could work with.
Pros
good company
Cons
location
Wouldnt reccomend
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2017
No job security and management is terrible.Management is always changing and there is no uniformity.Your check may bounce or you may have to rush to cash your check
facility
Charge Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 29, 2016
no comment. worked there for 39 years with only one advancement. co workers are awesome
management is unfair
hospital helped the low income community
expensive co payments
Pros
positive coworkers
Cons
management
Productive work experience
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Worked at NPHS for about thirty years. Provided inpatient and outpatient respiratory treatments and tests.Great teamwork and had a wonderful supervisor.
Pros
Great Supervisor, Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement in technology
see Resume
Director of Business Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Team oriented culture with a focus on quality work. Management was very supportive, allowed us to work independently or a daily basis.
Great place to learn how to work with diverse populations who have mulitple diagnosis.
Community Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day is challenging. However there are enough experienced staff people to help guide you thorugh your process. The leaders are experienced and knowledgeble and always willing to help. I learned a lot from management on how to develop cohesive relationships with my clients and staff members. The hardest part of the job is watching a client leave treatment prematurely. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see a client succeed and knowing you played some small part in their success.
Pros
Excellent Leadership
Cons
May experience burnout from caring too much
Community Recovery Specialist-(Residential) (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 20, 2015
A awesome day a work. Supervised by a best management team, and my peers are very involved in teamwork and team building.