North Shore Medical Center(NSMC) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
i love coworkers there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 20, 2018
it has been very difficult to ME to get an increment in MY SALARY, this could not be another coworker's opinion, this is the main reason I wanted o go to another facility.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
salary
July 21, 2018

We’re sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the pay offered. We do think of our employees as our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings. We encourage you to discuss your concerns with your supervisor.

Challenged and Motivated!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
NSMC is a great hosptial and offers a lot of opportunity for growth and development for staff that appreciates the learning platform of the hospital. They provide new RN's the opportunity to apply their learned skills and to grow in their healthcare profession.
Pros
Great benefits
July 18, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

Bad place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
I work there for 3 months and was laidoff due to the ecomony at the time. It was always drama with the employees, nursing, etc ... Not a good work enviroment.
July 19, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

phones, weekly schedules and payroll taking pager out of service and putting pager into services
Telecom Supervisor and Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 14, 2018
You would answer the phones for staff and patients putting out patient and family phone calls. Doing pager for the staff. Payroll on Mondays. Weekly schedules for the staff.
July 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to North Shore's success.

Horrible
Medical Assistant (Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 1, 2018
The management at the NSPG medical Group, was the worst!!
She would ask other that were under her management to see her
patients and would call them out of their name!!! Horrible example for the other employees and poor medical care from her
Pros
great patients
Cons
management who would band you from bringing certian foods as she did not like the aroma of our food, calling patients pain in the you know what, Not representing health care or compasion for the sick
July 2, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about North Shore Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
A typical day would be transferring patients, answering telephones and call lights, assisting patients, sometimes helping PCT's, handling patient charts, physically and electronically, and calling consults. Management is good and is fair. The workplace culture is respectable and well mannered. The hardest part of my job honestly is to stay awake, since I work night shift, and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the staff.
Pros
Discounts at the cafeteria and cafe
Cons
Pay rate
June 29, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about North Shore Medical Center. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Growth & Diversity
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2018
A great place to work and grow with the company. There is shift flexibility, incentives, monthly activities for employees. The company is very diverse.
Pros
Flexibility work shifts
Cons
N/a
June 28, 2018

Working at NSMC
Release of Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 24, 2018
Loved the job, worked independently, Busy but, calm environment,pleasant co-workers,the bosses had a monthly confidentiality meeting..Which kept us up to date on new policies The only reason I left is because my commute became too long.
June 25, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you were so happy in your role.

Nuclear Medicine technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2018
My experience at North Shore medical was short but I enjoyed it as much as I possibly could. I was not exactly working at the hospital I worked at one of the clinical offices in Aventura. It was a very quiet en enjoyable work area which allowed me to work at my own pace.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about Northshore Medical. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

June 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

great nursing care
Charge/Staff Nurse Endoscopy & Surgical Day (Former Employee) –  NSMC Union HospitalJune 23, 2018
Worked there full time for over 40yrs. The best part of the job were my co-workers. Everyone works well together from MDs to housekeeping staff. Patients got great care. The biggest issue was merging services & staff losing their jobs.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you were happy in your role.

Balance organization.
Administrative Asst/Payor Communications Coord. (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 20, 2018
Beneficial and valuable place to work. I've learned a lot about Utilization Management working there. The people are nice and there's a lot of team players. A rewarding place to work.
Pros
Having 401b, a good benefits package, and good pay.
June 22, 2018

Busy hospital kitchen with ageing equiptment.
Food Service Steward (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 17, 2018
Fast paced kitchen enviorment with lots to keep you busy. I have had to learn to cope with old equiptment such as a dishwasher. I enjoy the challenge of trying to keep up with the dishes.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Dishwasher problems
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and value your feedback.

Typical Hospital Culture
Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 12, 2018
Massive inefficiencies, poor hiring practices, and overworked employees who abuse the overtime policy. Poor leadership, but they like to throw more money at problems and hope it goes away. Hiring numerous staff members that are poorly trained but enough manpower to keep chugging along so things seem okay at the surface. No one likes to take accountability and usually, the buck is passed on. I learned a lot, mostly from other colleagues...but wouldn't trust my own family to have their care here at this hospital. The hospital is in massive debt, and the patients aren't happy. People that don't care about their work outweighs the number of people who are truly hardworking and care for their patients. People are better off working at a smaller clinic where workers and caregivers are more accountable. If you want good benefits and want to be a part of some large conglomerate of healthcare, then a Partners Healthcare hospital is for you.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
under-qualified staff, poor leadership
June 13, 2018

Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Tenet's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

Great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 31, 2018
Great hospital at one time. All staff tries thier best to give great patient care. However, management starts at the very top ...with CEO. Everything tickles down from there, good and bad. If CEO does not know what's going on, or is bad at their job, or great at their job, it shows.
Pros
Geeat staff
Cons
Unable to take complete breaks, if at all, due to patient/staff ratio (8 to 1), no raise. Staff is over worked, patient care, safety and staff safety, is not taken into consideration due to patient/staff ratio.
June 2, 2018

At North Shore, we look to provide successful careers for all employees. And while the healthcare industry can be a demanding one, work-life balance is key. If you feel your ideal work-life balance is not being achieved, we encourage you to address these concerns with your manager.

Family friendly Staff
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2018
Everyone work as a team, patient safety is first. Growing employees is priorty. Management is understanding and compassionate. Nurses
always willing to teach CNA and helping them with patient care. The hardest part of the job loosing a patient and keeping the team strong during stressful and sad days.
June 1, 2018

The unit I worked on is closed
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 7, 2018
Partners hospital connection.
The cardiac surgical intensive care unit is closed now I think.
While I was there, excellent ICU with valuable critical care experience
April 8, 2018

Thank you for the review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Small lab not too busy
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 3, 2018
Work life is good. There isn't a lot of work to be done, which can lead to a lot of downtime where you must try to find ways to keep yourself busy. Overall a nice place to work
Mid level manager
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 18, 2018
busy atmosphere, fast-pacrd, short-staffed. Line staff excellent and cooperative. HIgher management out of touch or indifferent to daily function. High salaries on uppper levels, lower on entry-level
the pace is good
Pharmacist - Contract job(AMN agency) (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 11, 2018
I have no complaints it was stressful & busy place at times but overall its a ok place to work in. I can recommend to anybody. It was a very big hospital
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. At North Shore Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Great Place to work
Patient Access Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2018
great place to work and the environment is like a family one. The majority of the employees have been working there for over 10 years. Everyone makes you feel at home.
Pros
family environment
Cons
Union Employees
March 9, 2018

We appreciate your positive feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to North Shore Medical Center's success.