North Shore Medical Center(NSMC) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, MASeptember 4, 2018
Good place to work depending your role
And department work level can depend in terms of faced pace, stress. But it also depends
On you if it’s something you enjoy every job varies
September 6, 2018

Thank you for the review. We're glad you are happy in your role.

Collaborative work environment allowing for professional growth
Administrative Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salem, MASeptember 4, 2018
North Shore Medical Center is a great place to work offering many opportunities for growth and advancement through on the job training and tuition reimbursement. They provide a supportive work environment during a constantly changing health care atmosphere. They place an emphasis on Patient Safety and the delivery of optimal quality care. As with any nursing position, caring for acutely ill patients and their families is always the hardest part of the job, but also the most rewarding when you are provided an environment which emphasizes support and collaboration so the best care can be delivered.
September 6, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're glad your role helped you develop professionally.

busy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, MASeptember 2, 2018
This place is a busy place with a poor supervisor teem. I don't advise working for the dietary department with Sodexo as the contractor working out it
September 3, 2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience but appreciate you voicing your concern.

Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAAugust 24, 2018
Working at North Shore Medical Center provided many opportunities to transition to different positions. Every one was kind, even the doctors. I would recommend.
August 25, 2018

Thank you for that feedback! We're glad your role provided growth opportunities.

phones, weekly schedules and payroll taking pager out of service and putting pager into services
Telecom Supervisor and Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 14, 2018
You would answer the phones for staff and patients putting out patient and family phone calls. Doing pager for the staff. Payroll on Mondays. Weekly schedules for the staff.
July 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to North Shore's success.

Team oriented environment
Lab Report Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 14, 2018
Efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality is a must in this medical environment. The department provides the employees with multiple checks and balances to assure that these requirements are met and respected.
July 15, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! At North Shore, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Horrible
Medical Assistant (Family Practice (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 1, 2018
The management at the NSPG medical Group, was the worst!!
She would ask other that were under her management to see her
patients and would call them out of their name!!! Horrible example for the other employees and poor medical care from her
Pros
great patients
Cons
management who would band you from bringing certian foods as she did not like the aroma of our food, calling patients pain in the you know what, Not representing health care or compasion for the sick
July 2, 2018

Thank you for leaving an honest review about North Shore Medical Center's management. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

Working at NSMC
Release of Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 24, 2018
Loved the job, worked independently, Busy but, calm environment,pleasant co-workers,the bosses had a monthly confidentiality meeting..Which kept us up to date on new policies The only reason I left is because my commute became too long.
June 25, 2018

We appreciate this feedback. We're thrilled to hear you were so happy in your role.

great nursing care
Charge/Staff Nurse Endoscopy & Surgical Day (Former Employee) –  NSMC Union HospitalJune 23, 2018
Worked there full time for over 40yrs. The best part of the job were my co-workers. Everyone works well together from MDs to housekeeping staff. Patients got great care. The biggest issue was merging services & staff losing their jobs.
June 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you were happy in your role.

Balance organization.
Administrative Asst/Payor Communications Coord. (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 20, 2018
Beneficial and valuable place to work. I've learned a lot about Utilization Management working there. The people are nice and there's a lot of team players. A rewarding place to work.
Pros
Having 401b, a good benefits package, and good pay.
June 22, 2018

Busy hospital kitchen with ageing equiptment.
Food Service Steward (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJune 17, 2018
Fast paced kitchen enviorment with lots to keep you busy. I have had to learn to cope with old equiptment such as a dishwasher. I enjoy the challenge of trying to keep up with the dishes.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Dishwasher problems
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate and value your feedback.

Typical Hospital Culture
Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJune 12, 2018
Massive inefficiencies, poor hiring practices, and overworked employees who abuse the overtime policy. Poor leadership, but they like to throw more money at problems and hope it goes away. Hiring numerous staff members that are poorly trained but enough manpower to keep chugging along so things seem okay at the surface. No one likes to take accountability and usually, the buck is passed on. I learned a lot, mostly from other colleagues...but wouldn't trust my own family to have their care here at this hospital. The hospital is in massive debt, and the patients aren't happy. People that don't care about their work outweighs the number of people who are truly hardworking and care for their patients. People are better off working at a smaller clinic where workers and caregivers are more accountable. If you want good benefits and want to be a part of some large conglomerate of healthcare, then a Partners Healthcare hospital is for you.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
under-qualified staff, poor leadership
June 13, 2018

Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Tenet's success. As we are always looking to improve as both a company and employer, we recommend open communication with your direct manager.

The unit I worked on is closed
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 7, 2018
Partners hospital connection.
The cardiac surgical intensive care unit is closed now I think.
While I was there, excellent ICU with valuable critical care experience
April 8, 2018

Thank you for the review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Small lab not too busy
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 3, 2018
Work life is good. There isn't a lot of work to be done, which can lead to a lot of downtime where you must try to find ways to keep yourself busy. Overall a nice place to work
Mid level manager
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 18, 2018
busy atmosphere, fast-pacrd, short-staffed. Line staff excellent and cooperative. HIgher management out of touch or indifferent to daily function. High salaries on uppper levels, lower on entry-level
the pace is good
Pharmacist - Contract job(AMN agency) (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMarch 11, 2018
I have no complaints it was stressful & busy place at times but overall its a ok place to work in. I can recommend to anybody. It was a very big hospital
March 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. At North Shore Medical Center, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Employees Care
Assistant (Current Employee) –  NSMCFebruary 17, 2018
The employees at NSMC truly care about every patient. They are skilled and compassionate, and every one of them is dedicated to healing each patient to the best of their ability.
productive environment
Nurse Practitioner ICU (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Great work relationships with the Medical Director. Good nursing staff, collaborative environment. Weekly meetings with the Management. Good work-life balance.
therapist
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 22, 2018
i dont really remember that much it was so long ago. from what i remember my direct manager was very mean. but over all i just tried to go in and do my job
January 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Great place to work to provide excellence in service
Patient Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Salem, MANovember 26, 2017
Great place to work to provide excellence in service. The best part of the day is to know you did all you can to make patients comfortable during they visit.