North Shore Pediatric Therapy Employee Reviews

This was a great place to work with excellent management.
Registered Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 19, 2018
This company is very flexible with their hours, are very hands-on and involved, and cares greatly for their employees. BCBAs and other employees are very quick respondents and are always happy to answer any questions promptly and in detail.
Job didn't end well for me
Family-Child Advocate (Former Employee) –  GlenviewOctober 2, 2018
I was hired to be a "Family Child Advocate". I was led to believe I would be spending more time interacting with the families and what they wanted was a receptionist. Suddenly I was told to meet with HR and I was let go. It came out of nowhere. I found out later that my replacement had already been hired and she started a few hours after I was escorted out of the building.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Expectations were too high from management.
Nspt is a 10
Family-Child Advocate (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 9, 2018
I have been working with this company for 4 years now. The company culture has always been a very open one where I have always felt that my opinions are heard and have been given opportunities to grow with the company. My role helps families get the therapy they need and being able to make that difference in their lives is so fulfilling. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for NSPT.
Growing company that works hard for it's employees
BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 23, 2018
I worked for NSPT for a year and I loved it. Recently, they have redone a lot of their policies and procedures to better protect and support their employees. The only reason I left was because I wanted to move up to a different position, but it wasn't available anymore and they weren't sure when it would be available again.
Occupational Therapist
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2018
NSPT has been a great company to grow in. I love the opportunity to be able to follow my own model for treatment with collaborating with other disciplines. I have access to resources from other clinicians as well as within my discipline. The owners are accessible and always looking to grow the company from a staff perspective. I love the people I work with. We have seen strains in the company from a process standpoint when we switched EMR systems but seeing the mgmt team dedicated to make change we are in a much better place which has made work fun! I truly enjoy working and growing here.
Great place to work!
BCBA (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMarch 23, 2018
This company, especially the ABA department, is rapidly growing but yet has a supportive environment. The management systems are frequently reviewed and improved in order to meet the employees' needs. There are a lot of training and professional
development opportunities for the clinicians to learn and grow. As the department is growing, there are also many opportunities to take new tasks or roles to gain new experience with support from the management. The employees are also wonderful to work with!
Pros
collaborative and supportive work environment, open communication, flexible hours (for BCBAs), many opportunities to learn and grow
Growing Stronger and Better - exciting things on the way
BCBA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
The culture is fantastic. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and development to mold your career. Leadership is improving and has started to be proactive and supportive to make each therapist thrive.
Pros
Collaborative, continuing education, new projects and growth
Cons
Still evolving
Great place to complete fieldwork!
Occupational Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2017
Wonderful therapists and a great environment to learn! The therapists took time to teach me, and the clinic offered a variety of games and equipment to utilize with all the clients.
Terrible work / life balance
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
Great team of therapists, but unfortunately crushed by management polices. Be prepared to work 10 hour days + weekends. Expect to finish work outside of templated time. No line of communication with therapists about important company wide decisions ( outsourcing billing department, changing compensation packages and PTO, etc.). Unnecessary and redundant policies make work 2x harder than it needs to be. Expect no help or support from branch director and upper management.
Pros
collaborative team, clients and families
Cons
management, work/life balance, low pay, changing policies
Over-worked; poor communication; ever changing policies
Pediatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILDecember 8, 2017
Dedicated, well educated employees. Ever changing policies and underlying lack of trust of management. Fun atmosphere; good place to get experience but difficult place to stay very long because too many changes happening all the time.
Pros
Well trained, dedicated employees.
Cons
Constant changes in policy; insufficient management/guidance/support.
Unorganized
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
Great group of young therapists who work to support each other. However, the biggest downfall with this company is that they work each therapist to point of burn out and don't offer any incentives. The turnover is insanely high.
Pros
Young team
Cons
Long days/Long hours. Low compensation, Management needs work, Unorganized, Too many loopholes to go through, Expect to work weekends and work outside of work days/hrs
positive experience
therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 27, 2017
Team approach. Nice to work in a multi-disciplinary setting. Co-workers are dedicated to the clients and everyone works hard. Management is supportive, but also encourages you to keep growing and learning.
Pros
love the families, supportive and professional co-workers, collaborative team
Bait and Switch-great marketing gets you in the door, and then it's a terrible place to work.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  North suburbs, ChicagoAugust 17, 2017
The term "bait and switch" is often used among people working here. What they say the company is all about (values, open door, work life balance, compensation...) is not what actually happens within this company. This place has a top down management style, is disorganized, is very high pressure with minimal support and a uses a 'punishing' approach instead of a problem solving approach.

High turn over is the standard at each location. When problems arise, voices are not heard. When opinions are given, they are punished.
I witnessed so many new employees come in so excited and within weeks, feel crushed and hopeless and leaving at the end of the day wtih tears. The people they bring in are great, that is the biggest plus they have to offer. Co-workers and teams are amazing! However sadly what is happening behind the scenes is so much burn out-not due to the work itself but due to how people are treated within the company.

Huge disappointment. Professionals should never be treated with such disrespect.
Pros
They hire really great people and build good teams
Cons
So many-management, no support, punishing, un-real expectations, no respect
Great energy across therapy team
Pediatric Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 30, 2017
NSPT could be a wonderful place to work based on the culture and energy of the team. However, the management is very reactive rather than proactive in making important decisions that impact every individual, without thought of the repercussions of these changes.
Pros
great therapy team, good energy across co-workers, dedication to customer service
Cons
working weekends, hours can go from 8am-8pm, minimal advancement re: compensation
Work/life balance is terrible
Insurance Billing Advocate (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 31, 2017
No overtime is offered for all the workload that is asked to be completed. The benefits are not as great as they make it seem. Too many cliques and people who act immature for their age
Fun Place to Work
Insurance/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 13, 2013
The Company is very open to ideas and change. The Admin department employees never have a dull moment or much downtime.
Pros
Lots of room for growth
Cons
Billing Dept was short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Shore Pediatric Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

North Shore Pediatric Therapy Reviews by Location