North Shore Physicians Group Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Salem, MADecember 14, 2018
This is a fun workplace that is well managed. Coworkers are all there to help you and so is the manager. It is a very clean office although sometimes unorganized unless I am there
Excellent company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 30, 2018
Partners as a whole is very organized with “standard work” and the Virginia-Mason method.

As a Medical Assistant, you have a lot of responsibilities that you would not have with other companies, but you’re well respected and competitively compensated, in a position with room to grow, which is unusual for an entry-level position, especially in healthcare.
There are different levels within the role of “Medical Assistant” and the company also encourages continuing education.

I’m glad I found this company and I plan on staying for many years.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Busy; fast-paced
Customer Service
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marblehead, MAOctober 26, 2018
I am a people person. Fast paced environment makes it hard to be social and care for patients certain needs

I feel my job is fast paced, my salary reflects the job I applied for 6 years ago not today.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 25, 2018
NSPG is great place to work at, very good place to grow as professional. Great doctors to work with, Great bosses very flexible. Not well pay as an employee.
Productive workplace but lack of diversity
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Salem, MA 01970August 26, 2018
Lack of diversity, low pay in comparison to work load, fast paced, small office so the staff tended to be "cliquey", great parking and location (right off Rt 114).
Productive place to work.
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 24, 2018
Family Medicine group. Checking in and out patient. Vital signs EKG's. My first experience helping to create a new upcoming practice. Management was very supportive. Family practice gained experience working with pediatric and geriatric patience. The hardest part of the job for me at that time was pediatric patients, sometimes it was difficult to handle the positioning and crying from the pediatric patients during their immunizations. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to assist the physicians in small procedures. I also enjoyed the direct patient contact having the ability to help them in giving quality patient care.
Great People to work with
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAApril 26, 2018
came to work everyday looking forward to my day. The Co-workers are very friendly and willing to help you, just ask! managers are very understanding. Barely any rude patients, which is great
great place
Clinical Assistant, Temp (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAApril 4, 2018
great place to work with many opportunities and locations. They do have thorough training when you are first hired and offer opportunities in different locations
Fast paced environment; greatly learning workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 9, 2018
This is a extremely fast pace environment to work in. The office runs very lean and stretches their employees to the max. The physicians are excellent to work with and will support the MAs. I enjoy working with all my colleagues.
Place for career development
RN/Nuclear medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Lots of opportunities to grow if coming in as low skilled worker. You will advance if dedicated and self directed.
Tuition assistance and enormous group with multiple sub specialties.
Starter job
Patient Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 11, 2018
This is a good job as a stepping stone towards a medical career. I had a position that was a 9-5,40 hours a week job. This came with full benefits and options to transfer within the company.
Poor Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MADecember 10, 2017
Very very very poor management., I would never recommended anybody to work here for this company. The pay sucks and the management is even worse. Do not waste your time
This was an intern position
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MANovember 14, 2017
Very friendly, helpful, relaxed, nice flow to office. Was only interning for two weeks and from the experience and knowledge obtained it was a pleasant office.
Pros
Hours perfect
Cons
No call back
good job
RN (Current Employee) –  NorhtShore, MASeptember 6, 2017
If you are ready to sit in a chair most of the day, then this is the job for you. It lacks face to face with patients, although you talk to them on the phone daily. There aren't many opportunities for learning that advance my practice in a primary care office. I'm used to constant learning from those I work with. This job is great for someone who does not want to challenge themselves very much.
Also, the oversight does not come directly from a nurse. it is from someone who may not even have a medical background.
Pros
Low stress, no weekends or holidays, good staff and management.
Cons
No advancement for nurses, really not many on the job learning experiences.
Fast Paced busy office multitasking a must
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 5, 2017
Busy office, faced paced environment. Multitasking all the time. team work is a must. Schedule is ever changing by 1/2 hr a day. No OT. Business casual dress.
Pros
Busy all the time
Cons
No down time
an experience
Senior Medical Assistant- Family Medicine (Current Employee) –  Rowley, MAAugust 25, 2017
great place to become a very versatile medical assistant . they also help with career advancement and offer great benefits for all of their employees.
very stresfull place
Medical Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAJuly 13, 2017
co workers are very conflict and older employees treat new employees in a indiscriminate way no office manager in the practice due that toxic environment wonderful doctors and nurse practitioners but difficult very dificults MAs and PCRs
Pros
patient - employee relationship as well providers
Cons
very conflict environment
Friendly work place
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 3, 2017
The staff at NSPG are amazing! Very friendly and truly care for their patients. They are all very experienced in profession and if given the chance I would work with this company in a heart beat!
interesting always learning something new
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MA 01915April 26, 2017
typical day was busy saw about 15 to 20 patients a day on a and daily or should i say every moment learning something new like new patient illness and how was to manage it the culture was balance the hardest part of my job was losing my patients and most enjoyable part was help my patients feel better.
Pros
learning new things and helping the patients
Cons
losing my patients
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 23, 2017
Over the last year of my employment with North Shore Physicians Group I was able to learn and continue to learn many important medical knowledge. I have gained great friendships and partnerships with many coworkers.