North Suburban Medical Center Employee Reviews

Management and administration is hard to work with
Certified Surgical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 28, 2018
New management in the surgical department is difficult to work with. Not open to hearing out concerns of the staff. Administrators are unapproachable and offer very little support to departments struggling with difficult management. Severely understaffed currently.
Pros
The staff is great! Surgeons are great!
Cons
Management doesn’t care much about work/ home life balance for employees., Management doesn’t care to hear staff concerns and suggestions on solving issues as a team
Would not recommend
Clinical Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 10, 2018
Got talked to for using cell phone to put in prn schedule during slow time. All the while manager is on her cell the whole shift. Clock in and out for lunch and breaks. No joke.
Pros
Is employment, benefits average
Cons
Community healthcare for low income population
Small enough company that employees formed work families
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 2, 2018
A typical day would be to visualize status of pt while getting report. Vital signs and assessment done and charted. Every hour or two check on patient to assess their needed and check for change in health plan of care. The most enjoyable part of job is to see patient s health improve and be able to go home. Hardest part of job was to see pt regress and be sent to different facility for higher level of care
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Took long time for problems to be resolved
extra money for family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 19, 2018
i worked only weekend, I was getting burnt out & felt my 13 year old need me more, I miss my co-workers. Management changed many time. The hardest part of my job was when the census was high and we we short staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers
Pros
making extra money, talking to the patients making them smile
Cons
short staffed
Small suburban hospital.
Registered Nurse - ICU (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 28, 2018
The staff here in the ICU are all very supportive of one another. I can't really speak to much about the rest of the hospital as I rarely ever floated.
see below
RN - Staff Nurse Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 24, 2018
When I first started the manager was kind and supportive. However, when the manager that hired me left, we had interim managers. We were constantly understaffed. The ED would bring up new patients with no report. The nursing staff are now all new grads. . The equipment is old and does not work. The staff turnover is high. Morale is low.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
staffing
busy
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Not a bad place to work everyone is very nice and makes you feel welcome and comfortable to work there. It has a very sufficient and qualified staff. Was happy working there. Personnel reasons for leaving.
Overall decent
Clinical Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COApril 4, 2018
Overall was not a bad place to work. My department was laid off in part because of poor marketing and it seemed like management/marketing lost interest in our area.
Caring working environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 24, 2018
My experience wth NSMC was one that showed great team work with the physicians to the house keeping departments. I would recommend the facility to a friend or family member.
I feel the Case Management does a good job and helps the patients and families have a good understanding of appropriate levels of care.
Pros
Team work with unit nurses
Cons
Difficult to manage some of education units
Good and fun place to work
Custodial Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 21, 2018
I worked at North Suburban as a part floor tech which I really enjoyed working there because of the good equipment's they have at that time really make life easy working there.
Unhappy
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 18, 2018
I do not get a raise at all at the company i work for. It is a contract
company called Townepark. I do not work directly with NSMC. We only get 40 hrs off per year with no sick time at all or holiday pay. I work 40 hrs per week. I am the front PBX operator for the hospital and direct all calls. I call all the codes for the hospital and control the
work orders for the plant operators on the floor. I like my job but the company and benefits are not the best for my future at this time. The
pay is low and I am trying to find another position that would help me
control my future in a different way.
Cons
low pay, no benefits
little support and a "not my problem" attitude
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
Mindset of management/administration is on par with putting a band aid on a gunshot wound, hope it works, and hopefully someone else will be here to deal with it when it fails.
Small Family Culture Hospital
Patient Financial Counselor & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 15, 2018
As a hospital all departments had to work together to provide the best customer service to patients. It's a small hospital so everyone felt like a family. During my 20 years I learned "To Serve, To Heal, To Care" Hardest part of my job was cooperation from patient to complete the Charity Application requirements. Failure to comply meant charity denial. The most rewarding part of the job working with patients that were cooperative in all the requirements and were approved for Charity write off or discount.
Pros
Small Hospital
Cons
Poverty community
Telemetry unit was friendly and cooperative environment
Registered Nurse, Telemetry Floor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 3, 2018
The 2 South Telemetry unit was a fast paced floor caring for ICU step-down patients, high risk med/surg patients and telemetry patients. Nursing staff prepped patients for testing, cared for patients on drips and monitored telemetry strips.
Pros
HCA demonstrated staff appreciation
Cons
Night shift and questionable safety
Not well-run
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 20, 2017
Supervisor was inept and difficult to work with. In addition they did not pay a competitive hourly wage. I left due to better compensation as well as significantly shorter commute.
Suburban review
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 10, 2017
I was contracted employee through Town Park and there was no advancement within the Company pay was not reasonable for the cost of living now. Management was poor.
Pros
No pro's
Cons
No cons
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 3, 2017
Loved my time at NSMC. Great co-workers and entire staff at hospital is very friendly and everyone is looking to help each other out. Excellent place to work.
Great team, poor pay and management
Critical Care Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 18, 2017
This is a great place for culture in this establishment. Friendly and supportive team, but not as supportive leadership.. Pay is lower, and it is a busy place to be. The work flow is often too stressful for a hospital environment, and typically you run without enough staff or equipment to adequately do the job.
Pros
Great team, decent pay, good culture with staff
Cons
poor leadership, lower pay, stressful environment
love my current job
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, NICU (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 29, 2017
I love my current job, schedule allows for extra jobs. this is a wonderful community hospital. I plan on staying at this hospital unit i retire. I enjoy the under served population I serve.
nsmc
Educator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at NSMC but there wasn't any opportunities to grow. I would have loved to be able to help more on theLD Floor. My director was awesome.
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough mon-fri hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Suburban Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

North Suburban Medical Center Reviews by Location