North Texas Food Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok for a 1st time job to gain experience
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
horrible work culture. - Lack of interest in the employees. long time employees were forced to retire or just let go, no input on relocation to new city headquarters.
Great Place to Volunteer At
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2018
They are doing important work for the community. Highly recommend for people of all walks of life to participate in. Collaborative atmosphere and friendly coworkers.
Pros
Collaborative work environment.
Cons
None.
Great mission. Poor culture. Leadership in transition; needs it.
Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Some great people working very hard for a terrific mission to feed hungry folks. Culture is poor due to lack of enthusiastic, engaged, employee-friendly leadership. New CEO is wonderful, but has a lot to overcome with the long standing style of certain leaders in the organization that have made their mark deeply.
Pros
Great mission. Some great individual co-workers.
Cons
Poor culture
point of view
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Manage daily operations of staff in facility.

Support from upper management was less than stellar.

Culture at food bank is very cut throat

When upper management and piers would work together to accomplish projects it was very good. This was very rare though.

It was a lot of " I " statements vs. " we " statements.
Pros
Managed facility
Cons
Lack of team work. Poor upper Management
Working towards a hunger free community, Good place to work
HR, Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
The North Texas Food Bank family is giving to no end. The employee do what needs to be done without limits to reach our common goal of a Hunger free community. Awesome place to work.
Pros
Not a stressful environment
Cons
Could use more flexibility on work life balance
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Summary

Personable warehouse associate focus on working with my fellow co-worker with engagement , loyalty , moral and through effective team work and communication. Detail-oriented inventory control associate familiar with all aspect of logistics, shipping/receiving and general warehouse operation. Also able to lift up to 0-190 pounds for long period at a time and available for all shift with flexible schedule.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
volunteer
Volunteer Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
Volunteer administrative Assistance position

The duties I was tasked with kept me occupied but I felt I was capable of providing the organization with more of my services. Unfortunately, volunteer positions were restricted from obtaining organization based email accounts and data access for security reasons. None the less the job was satisfying, yet at times mundane in nature.
Team Exercises
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75236June 7, 2017
Each Volunteer day we do something new and there are always new hands to help. We learn something new every time and help families in need during the process. Getting to work with kind neighbors is a great experience in the community and makes you feel good about coming together for a greater cause.
Pros
Making thousands of meals and feeling great after the experience.
Cons
Only 1 break but that's fine because we get water and snacks and meet new people.
volunteer
Volunteer Work - Non-Profit (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
NTFB provides an outstanding number of programs to really reach a community in need of nutritious food supply and nutrition education.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
traveled quite a distance to get there
Very good work environment for an amazing cause.
Sr. Mgr. of Supply Chain Procurement (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2016
This organization allows you to to learn and grow on a daily basis. It aggressively pursues its mission while inviting others to participate in making the world a better place.

Want to know more about North Texas Food Bank?

Ask a question
(SSA Department only)
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2016
NTFB is a large organization, so my experience only exists within the Social Services Assistance (SSA) department. The department functions well and has caring management. Good support from management and is always there to help when needed. There is not much downside to the position other than not a lot of room for growth and rate of pay increase(s). Good benefits and overall fun department to work for.
Doing a wonderful service for the people
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
It is a job for volunteers, giving back to the community. It feels great to be able to help, especially the senior community and the families with small kids
Pros
feeding the needy
Cons
there are no cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Lead Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
I prepared and cooked 10,000 meals a week that were chilled and packaged then sent to different shelters and homeless facilities.
I learned food handling information as well as how to make sure that meals were nutritionally balanced according to certain diets.
I oversaw and was responsible for the preparation as well as the chilling and packaging of the product and the 6 other employees that cooked with me.
The physical part of this job seemed to be the hardest. Although, it was a fun and friendly environment.
I enjoyed and loved knowing that I was helping the community and working side by side with a chef to make sure that people were meeting their nutritional needs.
Pros
I had the chance to learn nutritional balance
Cons
No healthcare
n/a
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
Got the opportunity to work with this great company by helping others in need of help.

Volunteering here has helped me get to know more about myself and how good of an impact I make on other peoples lives.

I did not get paid to volunteer here because in my eyes I feel that you shouldn't have to get paid to make a good impact in someone elses life.

There's not a thing that's hard about volunteering here or anywhere else in general.

The most enjoyable part about volunteering here is knowing that I've helped someone else with good intentions.
Pros
Servicing to the community of all races and ages
Cons
Great oppurtunity to learn organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2014
Organize the food on the shelves
Help load the trucks and stock can
Productive an Growing Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2014
Mandatory meeting at 7:30 a.m. with all co-workers informing of us of the truck loads for that day. Immediately start unloading and loading up trucks right after. Checking for tags on all loads an making sure to keep a clean and safe environment.
Pros
Liked Operating Forklifts
Cons
Not enough over-time hours provided per year.
excellent place to learn about food and How can use it.
Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2013
I work as a Nutrition Instructor volunteer with and excellent bunch of people. I learned a lot about diet of the Hispanic people and how can we make a change in their lives, for example shopping planning at grocery stores, FIFO, cooking, and label read.
Fun work environment, philanthropic by nature
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2012
Working at the North Texas Food Bank as a volunteer was a truly awe-inspiring experience. With the help of good friendly people I was able to package food for families in Dallas that need their next meal to be assured. I would love to work there any time!
Pros
it feels great helping people
Interactive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxAugust 20, 2012
helped box food and clothes for those in need
- co workers were kind and helpful
-most difficult part of the job was heavy lifting
- the most enjoyable part of the job was creating boxes for families in need
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
heavy lifting
Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2012
Ok not a great place to work dont receive raises like you suppose to,also trucks use to break down alot but they are like one big family they take care of there people sometie i fill if your a favorite.
Pros
free food and etc..
Cons
pay suck..