North Texas Tollway Authority Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Safety Operations Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 4, 2018
I loved working for NTTA, the atmosphere was great most of the time. What got me was the mandatory pay into 2 Retirement funds that you could not opt out that severely cut into the take home pay. I just couldn't afford it and the option to get a part time job has to be discussed with HR before you can get hired on to make up that extra money that is taken from the mandatory retirement funds.
Pros
Atmosphere, free food, great coworkers
Cons
no lunches for my position, retirement funds
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2018
Working for the NTTA offered many opportunities to media exposure. The CEO I worked for was outstanding and was a great leader but when he retired, the new leadership was dishonest and untrustworthy. Once he left, the agency got back on track and once again became a very well-respected transportation agency.
Easy job low pay
Laborer Worker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Very dangerous low pay okay managment good health eye and dental plan easy job lots of down time room for growth and advancements. Over all not bad of a job
I wish I never left!
TollTag Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 8, 2018
I was in the Public Relations department and got to work with a fantastic team. Aside from office politics and a lot of red tape when it came to making decisions, the company was fantastic.

My direct manager was amazing. He's been there for several years, and was willing to help me learn, grow and succeed within my role. The hardest part of the job was being in a creative role in a government based setting. As a parent of a young child my schedule can get wonky when school let's out or flue season is in, but they worked through it with me and were always open to my schedule as long as the work got done.

There are policies and procedures that come with a public company that many don't think of within the private sector. That being said, I feel like anyone with (a lot of) patience and the willingness to learn public-based policies will succeed here.
Pros
Ability to learn and grow within role, great pay, great benefits, retirement and 401K matching, potential for advancement, great people to work with
Cons
Office Politics, technology efficiency, government procedures, parking lot blockage
Fast paced
Command Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 8, 2018
I enjoy this job, I have been doing this for 23 years. Fast paced and must be alert at all times to ensure you provide safety for all emergency personnel as well as callers.
Not a place you would want to stay forever
Toll Tag Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 27, 2018
The pay is horrible. There's not a lot of room for advancement. The only pro about this company is the free toll tag, if you use the tollways. Other than that, I would not work for this company again unless I was in serious need.
will never work for a company like this again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 1, 2018
Management very nasty, shows no sympathy or compassion towards employees. Management only worry about their clicks and watch dogs. Management also do undercover work with employees profiles.
Generous benefits.
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2018
This was a very stable organization to work for. Salary was not that competitive in my opinion, but the benefits were generous. The people I interacted with generally seemed to be a tight-knit group who knew each other well. There were also a lot of opportunities to train and grow professionally.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Salary
work-place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 5, 2018
get on thought the company not contract like faneuil or trans-hire no growth no overtime poor management skills change policy's to much one hour lunches 2 breaks hard to get weekends off
Pros
co workers friendly
Cons
need more growth and more pay
Good environment
Safety Operations Center Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 24, 2017
Typical work day is eight hours and the shifts differ from days, evenings or deep nights.
I learned a lot about interacting with customers and DPS.
Management is good.
The hardest part of the job is the hours.
The most enjoyable part is reviewing camera footage.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shift work
Fun workplace
Toll Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 8, 2017
Events were fun. There was a great energy in the workplace. Everyone was nice and helpful to one another.I loved the opportunity for growth the company had. I was promoted right after training.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Work was busy everyday, I learned how to deal with customers on a daily basis, the management was very understandable and worked with you.
wouldnot recommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 29, 2016
Been working here for 5 years. No room to move up. No bonuses . Pay increase is very low every year. Always shift changes.would no recommend
Helping each customer one at a time
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 15, 2016
• Created new accounts, collected and provided information, made account changes.

• Provided general clerical support.

• Maintained general office records, processed the mail, and assisted with other services.

• Processed payments by verifying information for accuracy.
Pros
Work environment was Great
Cons
Unable to live with the pay
Passionate about workplace safety
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 23, 2016
I am in agreement with the NTTA's mission statement. The NTTA provides a safe and reliable toll road system, increases value and mobility options for their customers, operates in a businesslike manner, protects their bondholders, and partner to meet the region's growing need for transportation infrastructure.
productive
Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 22, 2015
Coworkers work together
Management is not on the same page they change rules from day to day.
they expect you to resolve customer issue in 5 minutes sometime you can sometime requires research.
too many short cuts to avoid handling the issue for a customer.
Insurance for employees are too high each year making it hard to keep with the raise they may give.
Raises are not meet with today cost of living.
Call Center Processes are outdated
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plno, TexasOctober 5, 2015
Not well thought out plans for a successful Call Center. Processes are outdated. Processes are not consistent. Made as you go.
Pros
Government Entity- Lots of days off
Cons
Need Better management
Productive and fun
CS-Representative II (Former Employee) –  plano,txJuly 31, 2015
a typical day at work was great learned how to interact with customers management was great coworkers incredible hardest part of job was having to take phone calls, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to communicate with my coworkers
Pros
daily activities
Cons
401 k benefits
Better now since the horrible management has been replaced
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasMay 26, 2015
Great place to work since some management changes have been made. Great work life balance. There is a small amount of OT required during month end close.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Cons
Still some bad apples in management that need to be removed
i wouldnt refer anyone to this place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 16, 2015
This place is so screwed up. The policies change OFTEN and youre not really given any clue as to why so when customers ask questions youre left to make up an answer on the spot by yourself. They make stupid changes without even speaking with employees first to get their input on whether or not it will be a good or bad change. A lot of customers are being ripped off and they dont even know it. Its a fast paced call center with little to no breaks in between calls the entire shift. You have shift bids typically every 4 months or so. The work they expect you to do doesnt correspond with the pay.
Pros
free tolls and benefits, alot of over time offered
Cons
micro manage, a lot of policy changes, they only interact with employees through emails and not meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Texas Tollway Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about