North Wind, Inc. Employee Reviews

Government Services Company
Site Health & Safety Officer/Industrial Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 8, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Steady work from the government labs. Quality people and good culture to work in. Pay is low for government engineering contracts.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
salary
Was only an IT Intern but I loved it
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNFebruary 10, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Northwind, and I learned a lot during my brief internship. I was treated with respect, and they were more than happy to coach me so that I could become in the Information Technology field.

Everyone I was able to talk to and help were extremely nice, and the work environment was very relaxed. I however was just an IT intern, I do not know if that is the same across all job titles.
Pros
several free lunches, learned a lot, fridays off
Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 27, 2017
Professional Working Culture.
Fast Pace
Always improving
Always growing
Many opportunities if you have a degree
Understanding
Uplifting environment for the employees
Client Site
Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, ID 83402July 7, 2017
I worked on the client site. I enjoyed working with the people in the immediate area (the client). I also liked my Program Manager. Had very little interaction with the actual company after the initial hire.
Student Run, Student Lead
Contributing Writer (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIFebruary 1, 2017
This was a student newspaper so a typical day mostly consisted of finding my own stories and doing my own interviews. I learned a lot about being self-starting and developed much stronger people skills because of it.
I also learned that communication is key. The turn-over rate is high here, but by far one of the most important aspects is to make sure you have great communication with not only your editor, but all the other editors as well as the Editor-in-Chief and the adviser to the paper.
The hardest part of the job was self-starting, but was also one of the most rewarding. You know, when you come up with a story idea, that from start to finish that project is entirely yours.
The more enjoyable part of the job was working with a friendly, motivated, and like-minded group of people.
Pros
Flexible schedule, allows for creativity
Cons
Miscommunication occurs frequently
Productive and fun work place as well along with friendly co workers and enjoyable pay
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 30, 2017
I loved the job, I had an issue with transportation though as the job site was a couple miles from where I reside. But I had worked through the kinks of some of the issues I was having.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Transportation
Independant Contractor at TWPC
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 19, 2014
10 hr. work days 4 days a week excellent benefits no real support for employees on site only an HR rep.
Pros
4 days a week
Cons
Work experience is great.
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 12, 2014
Experienced a lot of different places through my job. Traveled for work a lot. Meeting new people through my travels was a great experience.
Good job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kellogg, IDJune 27, 2013
This job created a lot of labor but I enjoyed it. Digging holes, laying sod, watering down soil, guiding trucks, and so much more. I learned more about lead/ soil qualities and what is done to help clean it up. My managers and co-workers worked well as a team and all projects were done in a timely manner and on time. The hardest part of this job was that it was seasonal. But I enjoyed cleaning up the lead in my community.
Pros
Cleaning up the community
Cons
Lay off
Professional Place to work.
Vice President/Consulting Scientist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 17, 2013
North Wind is a great place to work and the co-workers are all very professional.
Pros
Good Benefits