North Wind Group Employee Reviews

great place to work.
Alarm Monitor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2018
I started off here just in January. I love the job. As a full time student, it makes it easy to have a little down time to do homework. The management is really nice and understanding.
Fast paced but very clicky environment.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 1, 2018
Great co-workers, fast paced environment. Different varied projects. The company is rapidly growing which can because a plus and minus. Management is lacking. Most management is women run which is okay if merit based, but usually it is not. The company expects growth without putting in the investment or structure to accomplish this. I saw many people shown the door without having been given the resources to succeed. Turnover is very high if not within the click .Also expect no work balance. The company loves the saying NorthWind never sleeps Expect emails at 3 in the morning and a fire drill following that. Expect no support while wearing many hats.Some of the management is known to walk through the office and if they have a whim and don't like you, you will be gone within the week.
Pros
Great co-workers Fast based. Different varied projects.
Cons
Long hours Poor Management
Growing Fast
SIte Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2018
Company is full speed ahead but forgets about the employees that are getting it done on a daily basis. Large employee turn-a round that is not spoken about until its too late.
Pros
Competive salary
Cons
No job security
Employment with northwind northwest manager
Hazmat Labor - Lead (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 21, 2017
These two are your typical old time construction workers. They do not care about labor law or safety unless the client is present and complaining about violations. my superintendent constantly worked in the restricted Hazmat zones with out proper PPE, and made me work in the hazmat restricted zone without the correct PPE .
Pros
really good money
Cons
they will grind you into the ground and through you away.
Great co-workers
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 10, 2017
Company has undergone fast growth. Management is very transparent and engaged. Great potential for career advancement. Would recommend this company as an employer.
North Wind
Buyer/ Procurement Lead/ Accounting Support (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 12, 2017
While employed with North Wind Group at the time I did not realize that North Wind had their clicks. Senior Management promoted family so absolutely and choice on career advancement was hinder unless you had connections in the upper ranks. Over all the benefits are average, the pay is better than most in Idaho Falls, and atmosphere is chaotic at best. There seems to be a sense of wanting the world and not willing to fix the problems in many departments to obtain those goals.
Pros
Half Day Fridays, Very Casual Dress on Friday's, Paid every other Friday.
Cons
Clickly, Lack of Advancement, Lack of clear direction, Lack to promote, Lack to grant bonuses
Great Company for Short-Term Employment
General Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 9, 2017
I was working for Northwind Group on an EPA Superfund as a laborer and eventually as an equipment operator. In the couple years I worked for them, I learned a lot and received tons of over-time. Management were no nonsense, straight-shooters. Very little corporate micromanagement. Overall I really enjoyed my time working for them. If you give them your best, they will reward you with lots of cash and opportunities to develop professionally.
Pros
Lots of overtime & willing to train you and pay for certifications
Cons
Work schedules are extreme... very little time for life outside the job
Good first job
Location - Appraiser Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INFebruary 8, 2017
It was an on-call position. When my employer received an appraisal order, he would email me the address. I would navigate to the address, photograph the house, upload the pictures, and send them to my employer.
Cons
Hard to find places, demanding time schedule
Great
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2016
Great Company.
I have been working for Northwind Group for a year. It is a very good, young ambiance and surrounded by young people.
It is a very nice place to work for.
Pros
gg
Cons
gg
Great atmosphere, good company
Training Coordinator Lead (Current Employee) –  Kevil, KYFebruary 23, 2016
Work and life balance is a great attribute of this company. Great training opportunities for betterment of your career. Job advancement is achievable but a rare opportunity.