Northampton Community College Employee Reviews

Wonderful College Job
English and Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAOctober 2, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had. It only paid a little over minimum wage, but for a job on a college campus, it pays better than most. Working with the people was a fantastic time.
Student at Northampton Community College
Senior Year Student (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 29, 2018
Senior Year Student Dental Hygiene eager to launch career early in dentistry. Hands-on training in dental radiography, prophylaxis, aseptic techniques, and patient education. Team-oriented with success in building strong relationships with colleagues and patients.
Excellent
Accounting Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 27, 2018
The college is an excellent employer. The faculty is treated with respect. The atmosphere is encouraging and supportive of both facility and students.
Good atmosphere
Adjunct Professor of Physics and Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAAugust 27, 2018
The college is a great place to work, however an adjunct does not receive any benefits. This college is one of the few however that does offer tenure positions to its faculty members.
great culture
Community School Director (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 18, 2018
good work environment, the culture there was great, the ppl are what make the college so great to work at. Very progressive and innovative with college curriculum.
Good
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work at while receiving financial aid.
I worked as a student assistant, so I helped mail out Dean letters, fax, copy, scan, run errands for the faculty staff in the specific department I worked in
Director, TAACCCT (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 17, 2018
Excellent work-life balance, coupled with difficult professional challenges, but only if you seek them out. Despite the relaxed atmosphere and higher-education benefits, NCC is as tough a professional environment as anywhere in industry.
Fun, just doesn't pay much
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 27, 2018
Just helped around, pretty relaxed.

Management was nice, hardest part was just keeping up physically with the lunch rush, which you get used to after a while.

Couldn't get a lot of hours because of limits from the school
Pros
Free Food, Nice work enviornment
Cons
Payment, hours
Good place to work with supportive peers.
Adjunct Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 13, 2018
Good place to work with supportive peers. Like most schools they like to keep full time employees to a minimum so they don't have to pay out benefits.
N/a
Emergency Medical Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 30, 2018
I just started so I do not have enough information to provide a valuable evaluation. In a year if asked to reevaluate I will be able to give an proper evaluation.
Rewarding job
Hospitality Instructor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, PAMay 29, 2018
I have found teaching to be very rewarding and an excellent opportunity to both utilize my years of experience in the Hospitality Industry. It feels great to be able to inspire students to chose a career where they will be able to support themselves and their families.
Financial Office Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 7, 2018
This was a work-study job! So it was very convenient; class in the morning work in the afternoon/ I worked in the finance office. I got to be a new student orientation leader, which was really fun working with students and listening to their coming to higher learning stories!
Pros
Administration parties, reasonable lunch hour
The most enjoyable part of the job
Athletic Gym Assistant (Work Study) (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 11, 2018
I am in my own space, simply put uniforms in the washer or dryer fold and hang clean uniforms. Clean workout area, and make sure everything is in order for athletes.
Great Place to Teach
ADJUNCT PSYCHOLOGY PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 18, 2018
I have enjoyed my employment at Northampton Community College. They department provides a great deal of assistance and structure. I have very supportive deans.
Great Place to Teach
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 13, 2018
NCC offers many opportunities for the adjuncts to advance their skills. I always felt supported and never micro managed. I was allowed to take ownership of my course, and that freedom helped myself and my students be flexible in learning the curriculum. It's a great atmosphere and a great place to work. The only downside of course, is as an adjunct you are limited in how many credits you can teach and there aren't many full time positions available.
Pros
great support, great environment
Cons
Like many schools, most positions are part time
Worked from home
Free-lance (Former Employee) –  Bushkill, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I only worked form home as an assistant to one of the teachers. I have no experience with the workplace itself, but it was a nice experience and I would do it again.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
not a full time job
NCC has a Family-Feel and Develops Loyalty and Engagement
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 1, 2018
I absolutely love working at NCC. The pay is NOT great but the community, co-workers, culture and opportunity to develop programming makes it worth the trade. I would happily stay here for the rest of my working career.
Pros
Culture, Community, Support, Independence
Cons
Pay, Short-term therapy for students is not always useful
Great job for a college student
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job, but unfortunately, I transferred colleges and was unable to continue to my position there. The work hours were scarce and changed weekly. But they people I worked with were amazing!
Very productive and learning environment
Professor of Philosophy (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Working at Northampton is a great experience because of the diverse cultural community. The staff is very friendly and so are the student body. Working at Northampton gives one the opportunity to learn and express their skills and talents learning through the high academic level of teaching and staff and faculty collaboration.
Productive work place
Full time student (Former Employee) –  No job - just a studentDecember 27, 2017
Since I was a full time student and did not work for the college, but I knew quite a few people who did work for the college. Some loved it, especially the professors. Others, like financial aid, not so much.

The staff was very helpful and consideration. The professors were truly amazing - most PhD's - not usual for a community college - but they are dedicated to success for their students and very knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
Pros
Beautiful campus