Northbridge Companies Employee Reviews

Nursing Department
Nursing CRMA (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEFebruary 26, 2019
This is one of the best company that I have seen in Maine.
Gossing , discrimination from old worker to new hire will make you very uncofortable to continue working here. It will break all your possitive energy and make you feel like a " failure to serve those exceptional residents. Their so hypocrites then the supervison IS COMPLETELY IGNORANT FOR THIS UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOR. This is the most reason of many people prefer to leave and resign as I did without telling them for what is going . They will stay atmost with this OLD STAFF , WHICH IS THE BARRIER TO GET A NEW AND YOUNG PEOPLE WITH OUR DIVERSITY AND WITHOUT RACIAL DISCRINATION.
Pros
Great lunch
Cons
it was ok
Amazing Place to work
Dining Room Manager (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 28, 2019
My management team is great so understanding and willing to help with anything. Bayberry rocks! Happy to be apart of an amazing building. Best part is having the residents ask me when i can bring my two boys in again!
I am happy
Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 13, 2018
The working conditions are good, the residents are happy, there's a lot going on all the time for them, we pride ourselves on making every day great for everyone around us. It's a different culture. Our motto is "live well, love life".
Pros
We make a difference every day, we feel valued
Cons
Commute can be hard but they let us stay when it snows
The way senior living should be
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 15, 2018
I really, really like this company. The entire team is fair, honest, transparent, and focused on making each day successful. The focus is on providing exceptional experiences for our residents. I highly recommend getting to know this company and seeing if it's right for you also.
Pros
Great soups, inxpensive lunches, caring team, growing-but not too fast
A good place to work, best I've encountered.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Brunswick Naval Air Station, MEMay 12, 2018
I learn something new daily about my job and the needs of others. The most frustrating is the staffing issues. Overall we have a strong core and pull together to make it work well. Love the daily soup and goodies provided to help us stay energized, just one of many benefits.
Pros
Very giving and accommodating company
Cons
Lack of staffing
fast paced, with a relaxed vibe. Very home like feeling for both the residents and staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 28, 2018
I've worked at Avita of Brunswick since day one of its opening. I have to say by far this is the best community I've worked in, in the nursing field. When there is extra food after meals, the kitchen staff always looks out for us by providing that to the rest of the staff. A typical work day is caring for 8-10 dementia residents of the 18-20 per neighborhood; with ranging capabilities to perform activities of daily living. We help them get up each morning and to bed every evening. We help with getting to and from meals, providing their meals, help keep in touch with family and making sure they have everything they need to feel at home.
Pros
3 breaks per 8 hour shift, shirts provided, easy to talk to managment
Great place to work.
Director of Culinary Services (Former Employee) –  Milford, NH and Peterborough, NHNovember 13, 2017
Its great to see the smiles on people's faces after having given them a good meal.
There is a strong management team in place and you can see that the staff really cares about the residents.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Distance from home
Terrible
RCA (Current Employee) –  Wayland, MAOctober 22, 2017
Horrible management, low pay & to much drama! I don’t know if all Northbridge companies are like this but I wouldn’t recommend the one in the MetroWest area. People come and go like there is no tomorrow. Your hard work goes very unnoticed. Management does not appreciate their employees & barley gives raises when needed! Other then that wonderful beautiful assisted living, residents are great & the food can be awesome. Goodluck but this is more of a. Temporary job instead of a perminate one.
Pros
Nice resident
Cons
Low pay plus biweekly pay on top of that, rude employees and really rude manangment. Unprofessional
Great new management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHOctober 10, 2017
I have been at Ledgewood for about 2 years and the new management group has made a big difference. Great place to work. Would never go back to work in a nursing home.
Pros
Lunch provided. Recognition awards for good service.
Caring and Friendly
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 6, 2017
It is an absolute joy to work here. It was truly amazing that someone with no experience in clerical work could possibly get a job here. They have allowed me to prove my worth and that is more than I could ever ask for.
My co-workers are so supportive and helpful with any problem I have and I love giving the same support to my fellow co-workers.
The things management does for the employees are inspirational and makes me want to put more than 100% every day. They are willing to work with you, take the time to explain and also to encourage which with me was and is always a big thing in my jobs as confidence in your job can really show how beautiful and great this place truly is.
Pros
Free meals, 401k, Birthday hours, Flexibility
Great staff and great team players
I am a Receptionist. (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at work or evening shift is like going to a friends house. You will always be greeted with a smile from Management or a co worker. There are always fresh pastries in the entrance with fresh ice water and a fresh pot of coffee.

There is always some good music playing so as we all know, music is great for the sole. If you forgot your lunch, not a problem. Our wonderful Chef will always have a crock pot of soup, chili, beef stew, and even seafood chowder on some day. There is always crackers and butter to go alone with the soups.

Its a brand new building and when we opened in Dec.2016, after some great and fun training, we are all a wonderful team that really cares and show respect for each other.

We always offer fun events and a always great things to look forward to.
Pros
A great positive staff, free soup, coffee and homemade chocochip cookies
Cons
None that I see.
Northbridge Mission is Great
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 4, 2017
Northbridge uses a holistic approach when caring for the elderly population. Not a lot of companies are forward thinking in this way. I hope the company continues in this direction.
Pros
Not enough room for advancement and low salary rate.
Cons
Beautiful work environment, free home made soup, great dental benefits, free educational presentations, fun activities and programs.
I love the Residents and my community!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 4, 2017
Working at my community gives me the chance to spend time with some of the most interesting people I have ever met. The residents have great stories and I love spending time with them. I feel like I have a community full of wonderful grandparents that we take great care of. I am proud of what I do for them. My coworkers and I do so many fun things together as a team too.
The managers are nice and the food is great.
Pros
Residents and my co-workers
N/a
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHJune 17, 2015
Does an alright job with resident activities, but could expand. I have great co-workers, but management/nursing professionalism could improve.
Very productive place to work
Prep Cook, Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 9, 2014
My typical day at work includes cooking breakfast for residents, washing dishes during meal times, assisting head chefs for production, and salad prep. Since I have been in the food service industry for 15 years, I have learned a lot by many excellent chefs. My coworkers are excellent and work well as a team. My hardest part of my job would be making sure the dishes are washed on time after each meal service. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with food and serving the elderly which I have a passion for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northbridge Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2