NORTHCENTRAL TECHNICAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Diverse culture
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 15, 2019
Excellent place to grow within a wonderful place with a phenomenal CEO who is willing to sit down and listen to employees and students alike. It is extremely hard to get a full time position within the company because of its high rating!
Instructing with Purpose!
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 6, 2018
While working at NTC, I assisted multiple instructors during their lab hours and held open labs for students to come in an study on their own time.

I was given freedom to work with the students 1-on-1, which allowed me to tailor the study session to their needs, which I loved. Also, the culture at NTC is very open, instructive, and overall a plesent place to work. It was the hardest job that I have to leave.
nice pt job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 28, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job with good pay this is a good place to work. Good vacation time and sick days. management good and understanding of home situations.
Cons
no more then 19 hrs a week
I was a lifer, I retired from there
Health Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 15, 2018
Best experience of my life, I learned so much with ongoing classes and training. My coworkers were exceptional. Everyone went the extra yard for each other.
Excellent work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 24, 2018
I am an adjunct instructor and enjoy every moment of my job. Teaching is different every day and never boring. NTC has involved management who stands behind their good employees. I can't say enough good about the environment. They do expect you to put in a good, hard day's work for the pay but that should be expected anywhere.
Pros
Coworkers, management, pay
Cons
n/a
Disappointing
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 4, 2018
A place I once enjoyed working at, turned into politics, lying and the management staff does not care about their employees. You are basically nothing. Not the nicest of people. A lot of backstabbing. They can drop you as quick as they hire you, and yet spend tons of money landscaping but do nothing for their greatest asset - their instructors. They keep the bad and oust the good.
Pros
The students were great and I enjoyed working with them.
Cons
Terrible management, President is terrible to employees and laughs at the students, no job security, new management means old instructors get the axe!
Great place to go to school and work
Customer Service and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  1000 Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401July 12, 2018
I loved my time at Northcentral Technical College. It is a great place to go to school and to work. Everyone is friendly, and the pay for a student worker is not bad.
Great for a Student
Campus Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 10, 2018
Northcentral Technical College Campus Bookstore was a great job for me while I pursued my associate's degree. My schedule was flexible with my schooling and was a fun environment to work in.
Overall Great Place to Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 12, 2018
Everyone is very friendly.
The bosses are very approachable and understanding and easy to get along with.
Great team atmosphere.
Tasks are manageable.
Pros
great people and atmosphere to work in
Cons
not many hours
Friendly staff and learning opportunities for the life learner
Regional Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIJune 10, 2018
NTC cared about the continued professional growth of their employees providing continuing education opportunities and personal interest in the employees. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Worked around school
Cons
late hours
Productive and somewhere to learn new things
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Phillips, WIMay 24, 2018
When I was working at NorthCentral Technical College I had a lot of time getting to know a lot of great people and to learn new things about the college that I never would have thought to learn.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Good place for students looking for part-time work
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Current Employee) –  Wausau WisconsinMarch 10, 2018
My day consisted of mostly maintaining the store and aiding any customers that came into the store. Occasionally I would do some data entry for them but I was either cleaning the store, checking customers out, getting books for students or receiving shipments. It is a very relaxed work environment.
Pros
Very relaxed, a lot of downtime during the semester.
Cons
No benefits aside from a small discount at the store and relatively low pay.
Exciting and Fun workplace
Student (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIFebruary 8, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. The entire staff at Northcentral Technical College is amazing. The most enjoyable part is the employees and students at the college.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about the education process
Cons
was a student work study position
Great teaching and learning environment.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 17, 2018
NTC always works hard to take care of their instructors. They keep us connected virtually and create learning opportunities so we can stay connected in persona as well.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Easy going place and very relaxed
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 2, 2018
Typical day usually is preparing metal for students to weld on and also separating them into thicknesses for different welds. There are days you have to go and pick up metal from different businesses that they donate.
Productive Work Place
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 26, 2017
A typical day at work for myself usually was very little work because I am just sort of the assistant of human resources. The workplace was very friendly and organized.
Summer job
Pre-College Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2017
Great summer job as I am still a college student. I get to hang out with middle and high school students who helped my develop and grow. I enjoy every day of it.
Workstudy
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 5, 2017
Flexible work study position. Great experience and great staff. Very helpful when learning new tasks. Relaxed yet professional environment to work in. Great to meet new students coming in for services.
Very interesting trainer
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJuly 1, 2017
My internship there was amazing I had a very helpful trainer and very explicit I have learned a lot from him. He gave me the opportunity to learn and improve myself.
Great place to work.
Instructors Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 5, 2017
I worked here part time while going to school. Extremely flexible. I like helping others and this role allowed me to do this while in the classroom and in the ITEC learning center.