Northcentral University Employee Reviews

Worst Job Ever
Academic and Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 4, 2018
I came to NCU with no experience in the position and eager to learn. I was told I would train at my own pace with about a month of training and a few months before I would have to be answering cold calls. HOWEVER, I received one week of training and I was given my population of students two weeks after I started and was answering cold calls the next week when I barely knew the job! Needless to say, I left this company fast, would never work there again, and would NOT recommend NCU to anyone.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Stress level, lack of training, lack of support from leadership
Nice place to work
Adjunct Faculty, College of Education (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Nice and stimulating workplace for all. Excellent academic rigor of courses.A competitive work environment or researchers. I will recommend to all to work for Northcentral University.
Pros
Free tutor training
Cons
No negatives
Administration (Current Employee) –  AZJanuary 30, 2018
Some of the employees and upper management are drug-users. The culture is laid-back, but if you want to gain skills for the workplace do not apply here.
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and HDHP
Northcentral University
Internship (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 25, 2017
it was a great place to work, I've learned a lot more about financial management and students financial aid. This place provided me with skills and experiences in how manage with financial issues for the future.
Collaborative Institution
Adjunct Faculty MFT (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2017
It is an enjoyable facility to work for, all employees are knowledgeable, skilled and talented. There is an underlying collaboration among staff as well as students.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
You are discouraged from focusing on students deficiencies - such as writing/grammar
Extremely toxic work environment.
Associate Registrar (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2017
Felt like I always have to watch my back. Management (calls themselves leaders) is poor and a joke. They don't care about anyone but themselves. A lot of finger pointing and no collaboration at all. I regret taking a position at NCU. Worst working experience I have ever been in.
Pros
Paid ok
Cons
Very bad leaders (management) who do not care at all.
Very cut throat place
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 29, 2017
This school strives for numbers and nothing else, if you dont hit your numbers any given week, they'll harass your job security and make your life miserable. They are always hireing due to a high turn over rate. Tuition is always changing and makes students really frustrated. They also award employees with flags and stickers for thier hard work....and a hand shake
Pros
Cons
Managment has made this school way too dirty
Micromanaging is Driving Employees Out
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 30, 2017
The university believes that micromanaging is a way to "justify" the need for positions. Micromanaging only drives employees out -- not a good practice. There are other ways to "justify" keeping a position, and micromanaging is not the way.
Poor
Executive Enrollment Advisor and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  scottsdale azSeptember 5, 2017
NCU leads with poor management skills, managers are hired based on enrollment ability not the ability to lead professionally.

Rumors are considered to be considered the truth/fact.

Leadership is made up of managers that are from other online universities that have been shutdown!
Pros
Cons
management, pay, pto all has been reduced drastically under new mgmt.
I feel great about helping people.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2017
I can work at my own pace even though there are time constraints in terms of returned assignments. I am encourage to make regular contact with students and I like that because they are appreciative of my effort. I enjoy assisting students reach one of their lifelong dreams.
Pros
The work.
Cons
I would like to have more students.
Friendly Staff
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2017
The staff is friendly; team building activities are enjoyable. Schedules are set allowing you to balance life, family and work.The company is open to improving
Great opportunity for part-time faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  OnlineJuly 5, 2017
Excellent opportunity to be involved part-time in academia. Very supportive mentors and good orientation program. Excellent library resources for students and faculty.
Productive and fun work place
Finance/Academic adviser (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85255June 8, 2017
This is place where the people work hard and play hard! I learned a lot when it came to serving people and finances. The management are amazing and help you to achieve all goals. The hardest part about the job is watching a student fail due to negligence on their part. The most enjoyable part is watching people graduate with their degree.
Pros
Pool table in the break room and free popcorn everyday!
Cons
an hour commute from Phoenix
Productive and interesting place to volunteer my time.
Student Advisory Council (Voluntary) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2017
NCU has a fair and balanced approach to graduate education with a customer service focus. They strive to keep the customer on target with school goals.
Pros
Customer Focus
Cons
No Money
Great Place to work
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 9, 2017
Culture is amazing! Great place to work with awesome growth potential. Still growing and there is always someone there to help. You get out what you put in.
Typical online university
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2017
Sales environment but you are not paid like a sales person. Goals are stressed but there is no incentive if you hit them. There is good training.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay and high pressu
Great coworkers
ADA/Disabilities Services, (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Despite the great co-workers and developing the supoort for the students. Success in the DS office would not be possible without the support of the AA. The ADA worked very long hours with an extremely heavy case load with little support/backup or understanding of the purpose of this federally mandated program.
Pros
free education
Cons
with the hours required to servise students impossible to take advantage of the education offered.
Awesome Place to Work
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2017
Great Place to work. Awesome culture and leadership. Enjoys helping students enroll. No really sales based or performance driven. Management is supportive.
Great co-workers
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 16, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with and my immediate boss is understanding and compassionate. I find the overall leadership out of touch with the reality of what happens at the student-facing level. Recent changes in job requirements give me concern for whether or not I wish to stay there.
Fun but no growth
Loan Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 30, 2016
no training for certain departments/positions
no management training/coaching
no management support
HR is a mess
Pay is decent
fun and friendly enviornment
Pros
flexible and fun
Cons
poor management