Northeast Arc Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Must love kids!
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMay 21, 2018
The feeling of working with special needs children is unrivaled. On the most frustrating days, helping them makes it that much easier. I learned the value of patience & communication is massive in the workplace & life. These things made the exhaustion of keeping up with the children worth the enjoyment of seeing them happy.

Most people work here with children after school in their homes, but it is on a case by case basis. In most cases, you'll need to work with multiple clients & stick with the business long term to make decent money. For that reason, it isn't a job I'd recommend unless you are in a multiple income household or have a 2nd job.

Still, I enjoyed my experience here. It was a great job for a college student. If I could go back, I would! While it is not for everyone, the people who stick it out long term certainly find it very rewarding.
Pros
Helping others, sense of fulfillment
Cons
Exhausting, low pay
Great Company to help clients
Medication management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAMay 14, 2018
I took care of an elderly patient for 4 years. Unfortunately she passed away at the age of 95 last year. I worked with her 24/7 as a live in caregiver as she needed that continuous care. I learned a lot about the duties a PCA (caregiver) provides, communicating with the patient is important. I worked with many other outside professional such as Doctors, case handlers, nurses etc. Being responsible for her safety, nutrition, bathing while bedridden medication management was in the beginning a lot and was a bit nerve wracking, but I got the hang of it quickly. Also, a lot of administrative work, behind the scenes was involved. Keeping her personal info safe and up to date, keeping a file for her as I had to keep track of everything {schedules) her records after talking to her other healthcare professionals. The hardest part was the physical demand it took on my body esp my back, but it was a rewarding job knowing I did all of this, worked hard and was an advocate for her when she couldn't.
Pros
rewarding job knowing I'm helping someone that needs it
Cons
Physically demanding
Good company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 10, 2018
They were a great company to work for they gave me hours when needed them and also were very helpful to there employees. They were helpful with family obligations as well.
It's Okay
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMay 7, 2018
-Work with a child with a disability
-Aid the child with the daily essentials
- Bring child to medical appointments
-Help child with reading, writing, and some verbal communication
excellent
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 17, 2018
excellent day to day experience and learning to have patience the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with one another and super flexible hours
fast paced overwheling
Enrollment Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 9, 2018
One full day requires of many tasks. We have to be at the office by 8:30am. If emails are coming in I begin by answering the most important one. I then have a day full of data entry, paperwork as well as answering authorization questions for my customer service team.
Had to do it for my grandfather
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 12, 2018
Not bad. Agency pays you to take care of senior citizens, which in my case was my grandfather.

I made sure that my grandfather was taken care of properly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
fast paced
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 6, 2018
Fast paced,
Getting close to patients and losing them
Getting the patient up and ready, making them laugh
Working at their homes.
Listeining to patients previous life styles
Nea
Autism Service Provider - Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 6, 2018
They did not pay enough. No money for materials. I hated driving around and not being given money for gas/tolls. It took a lot out of me and I didn't feel supported.
Productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at work is doing light housekeeping e.g, washing dishes, laundry, make the bed, clean litter box, and wash floors, tub, and toilet. I learned a lot such as patience. The hardest part of the job was going to doctor appts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that you made with the boss.
Pros
Breaks whenever
Cons
no healthcare
Decent
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAFebruary 12, 2018
A fast paced job with a good union. No supervision, good pay. The hardest part of the job is taking care of mean patients. It's worth it though for the patients that are thankful for your help.
Pros
Good pay, Laid back management, Union
Cons
Short breaks, Working by yourself
satisfactory
personal care assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 9, 2018
You have to be a people person. Care about people's needs and love to help others with disabilities or aging. There is no fun involved; you work with people that need your help. However, there is job satisfaction when you see the patient's smile.
Pros
you take care of your loved one that became disable from home
Cons
It could be stressful because you have to be there all the time
Productive and fun workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Did homework with the child and even though it was difficult because she had special needs it was very rewarding. Most rewarding part of the job was getting to watch the young lady grow into this amazing young women even with the challenges she faced.
Caring for others
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to work! Everyone is friendly and speaks with every! I love northeast wish they had that company where I'm located. Always on time and their always there if need them.
Great company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ware, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Great co workers. Great clients.. you get close to your clientele’s. Most are very appreciattive and some are rude. Company pays well. Like working on the weekends
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks
fair
Overnight Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 8, 2018
I worked for 6 years and nothing changed in my life in term of career advancement. i had to leave to look for a company that values the employee in all areas ie health benefit and good pay
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
flexible schedule
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I like work with people. I spend 3 or 4 hours every day after may general job. flexible schedule is most important part of this job. but i have not benefits due it is part time job.
Snake pit,poisonous higher ups and incompetent youth abusing underpaid people
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MADecember 13, 2017
4 stars for this joint??!!!The higher ups at the office treating you like trash and being underpaid,for 4 stars??!!! I have seen so many co workers quitting and being disgusted with this joke of a place,incompetent ego driven management...Do not apply especially if you have an accent,they are racist against!
Northeast ARC
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MADecember 12, 2017
They care about the people that work for the company, pay on time and are professional at all times. I would highly recommend the company to anyone who is looking for a job as a Healthcare Aid.
After working for over 10 months, I still not change to permanent position and the long commute squeeze out my entire energy. I've to quit the job.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MADecember 9, 2017
It is an non profit organization therefor there is no water to provide to all the staff, we have to bring our own water which is very inconvenience to us. Other than that the company is very diversify and is a friendly working environment to work with. We also have to take turn to clean the kitchen since I think they have limited budge to hire extra people to do the job.
Pros
Every several months, we have to bring our own food to share, since there are multiple races there so we have chance to try different enthic food.