Northeast Arc Employee Reviews

Gained an experience, made a difference
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 6, 2018
I enjoy working with this company due to the management, workplace culture. Rewarding to be able to assist client with personal care needs, including grooming, dressing and bathing. I transport client for grocery trips, doctor's appointments, laundromat,shopping,etc. I have learned to be humble and less judgmental. The hardest part is seeing the frustration and embarrassment they sometimes express. Putting a smile on their face or even making them laugh is the most rewarding.
Pros
Helping elderly people with their daily care
Cons
can't think of any
work on the phone taking supervisor calls handle office paper work trained new staff
Bilingual FI-Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 31, 2018
will come in the morning will have work ready to handle over to my staff make sure that the work gets done within the deadline. make sure that my team is not behind on their work and help jumping in with their work if needed
Pros
love the people that i get to help out
Cons
sometimes it can be overwhelm
Leadership Only Connects with Certain Demographics
Employee (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 25, 2018
Not going to write a review because it will probably come back to hurt me. HR is getting very nosy, Lots of reasons to always want to "see your papers". Kinda makes you wonder....
Awful upper mgt
HOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAAugust 4, 2018
BIG NO. This place is laughable but it's not funny since we're dealing with clients lives. Upper mgt is awful, little training and some really mean co workers. Don't work in residential whatever you do.
Pros
Health care is decent
Cons
Extremely cliquey
Needs improvement in management
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 2, 2018
I left the Arc some years ago and when I was leaving I did not receive an exit interview. The individuals I served were easy going for the most part with varying disabilities ranging from mild mental retardation to visual and hearing impairment. The CEO at the time was very sociable and knew what he was about. I hope the new CEO is keen about staff care and proper management. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn, serve and grow personally in the field of developmental disabilities.
Pros
Opportunites for over time
Cons
Poor management in SS benefits
Northeast ARC
Staff Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 6, 2018
Supervising the consumers in the day program during day time and providing direct care support for the consumers in the home during afternoon/evening.

In the home; I provide direct care support for the consumers with administrating medications, work on their objectives, reporting ISP every month, participating staff meetings, preparing and cooking meals, providing transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping and leisure activities.
Pros
My coworkers and people at the facilities were very friendly.
Amazing staff and clients
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 5, 2018
I absolutely loved my job. The hard part about working in the health field is that it’s hard to lose a client that you have become so close to that they become a part of your family. It’s rewarding and heartbreaking at the same time
Pros
Hangout with amazing strong people
Cons
Losing a client that you adored
Health Care HHA
Former Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed taking care of my mother in her home. This company gave me the opportunity to be with my mother while receiving a bit of an income for my family. It was very helpful and rewarding.
Must love kids!
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMay 21, 2018
The feeling of working with special needs children is unrivaled. On the most frustrating days, helping them makes it that much easier. I learned the value of patience & communication is massive in the workplace & life. These things made the exhaustion of keeping up with the children worth the enjoyment of seeing them happy.

Most people work here with children after school in their homes, but it is on a case by case basis. In most cases, you'll need to work with multiple clients & stick with the business long term to make decent money. For that reason, it isn't a job I'd recommend unless you are in a multiple income household or have a 2nd job.

Still, I enjoyed my experience here. It was a great job for a college student. If I could go back, I would! While it is not for everyone, the people who stick it out long term certainly find it very rewarding.
Pros
Helping others, sense of fulfillment
Cons
Exhausting, low pay
Great Company to help clients
Medication management (Former Employee) –  Arlington, MAMay 14, 2018
I took care of an elderly patient for 4 years. Unfortunately she passed away at the age of 95 last year. I worked with her 24/7 as a live in caregiver as she needed that continuous care. I learned a lot about the duties a PCA (caregiver) provides, communicating with the patient is important. I worked with many other outside professional such as Doctors, case handlers, nurses etc. Being responsible for her safety, nutrition, bathing while bedridden medication management was in the beginning a lot and was a bit nerve wracking, but I got the hang of it quickly. Also, a lot of administrative work, behind the scenes was involved. Keeping her personal info safe and up to date, keeping a file for her as I had to keep track of everything {schedules) her records after talking to her other healthcare professionals. The hardest part was the physical demand it took on my body esp my back, but it was a rewarding job knowing I did all of this, worked hard and was an advocate for her when she couldn't.
Pros
rewarding job knowing I'm helping someone that needs it
Cons
Physically demanding
Good company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 10, 2018
They were a great company to work for they gave me hours when needed them and also were very helpful to there employees. They were helpful with family obligations as well.
It's Okay
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAMay 7, 2018
-Work with a child with a disability
-Aid the child with the daily essentials
- Bring child to medical appointments
-Help child with reading, writing, and some verbal communication
excellent
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 17, 2018
excellent day to day experience and learning to have patience the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with one another and super flexible hours
fast paced overwheling
Enrollment Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 9, 2018
One full day requires of many tasks. We have to be at the office by 8:30am. If emails are coming in I begin by answering the most important one. I then have a day full of data entry, paperwork as well as answering authorization questions for my customer service team.
Had to do it for my grandfather
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 12, 2018
Not bad. Agency pays you to take care of senior citizens, which in my case was my grandfather.

I made sure that my grandfather was taken care of properly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
fast paced
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 6, 2018
Fast paced,
Getting close to patients and losing them
Getting the patient up and ready, making them laugh
Working at their homes.
Listeining to patients previous life styles
Nea
Autism Service Provider - Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 6, 2018
They did not pay enough. No money for materials. I hated driving around and not being given money for gas/tolls. It took a lot out of me and I didn't feel supported.
Productive and fun
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at work is doing light housekeeping e.g, washing dishes, laundry, make the bed, clean litter box, and wash floors, tub, and toilet. I learned a lot such as patience. The hardest part of the job was going to doctor appts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends that you made with the boss.
Pros
Breaks whenever
Cons
no healthcare
Decent
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAFebruary 12, 2018
A fast paced job with a good union. No supervision, good pay. The hardest part of the job is taking care of mean patients. It's worth it though for the patients that are thankful for your help.
Pros
Good pay, Laid back management, Union
Cons
Short breaks, Working by yourself
satisfactory
personal care assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 9, 2018
You have to be a people person. Care about people's needs and love to help others with disabilities or aging. There is no fun involved; you work with people that need your help. However, there is job satisfaction when you see the patient's smile.
Pros
you take care of your loved one that became disable from home
Cons
It could be stressful because you have to be there all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Arc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2