Northeast Arc Employee Reviews

Just okay...
Entry Level ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2019
I worked with Building Blocks for about a year. My role was to go into homes and/or day cares and work on goals with kiddos under three who had an Autism Diagnosis. A typical day involved 3 visits; morning (9-11/11:30am), mid (11:30/12-2pm), and late days (2:30/3:00-4:30/5:00). This led to a LOT of time spend in a car to update plans and do any other paperwork, which was a huge downside due to the horrible tablets and hotspots that were provided. They were unreliable with short battery lives. We had monthly supervision by a BCBA and a team supervisor for each child on our case load. I found that I frequently had differing suggestions/recommendations from the BCBA and team supervisor which was not helpful. They pay was definitely entry-level pay, I think having quarterly or biannual reviews with opportunities for raises would have kept me around longer.

The pros of the job were that incentive was always pretty easy for me to attain, although the benefit of incentive was CONSTANTLY changing... I think there were 3 or 4 different incentives in the year that I worked there, some better than others. Another pro was that you were paid 9am-5pm without a lunch, which was nice since my "lunch breaks" were literally driving from one visit to another. Although the lack of lunch time could be a con for some, I didn't mind it. And the best part of the job was the kiddos! Watching them grow and make progress was so rewarding, especially when parents noticed and acknowledged the growth in their children.
Loved working for the consumer
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 14, 2019
I didn’t work for Northeast arc , Northeast arc was the payroll department. They issued my check and they approved the job. They also set up for my training for me to be a better Pca worker.
Pros
Not a lot of down time.
Cons
Working the evening shift
Job Review
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 22, 2019
Arc is a pleasant company which allows me to care for a loved one and receive some compensation to help with expenses in caring for them.I highly recommend arc to help with a family member who needs substantial assistance.
Great buisness to be in especially with the client i have.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 18, 2019
My place of buisness is a great place to work its flexable,and they are willing to work with any hours you give them.Also the clientele is good I'm glad to work with them.
Awful!!!
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 4, 2019
They NEVER pay on time. I waited almost 2 months for my first paycheck. Trying to get someone on the phone takes forever and when you finally do they're so rude and not helpful at all. They care about their employees is the furthest thing from the truth.
Pros
Cons
Time between paychecks, management, rude employees
Bad clientele management
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAApril 24, 2019
didn't get a replacement when I was uncomfortable with my client. dangerous enviornments were ok. left and still was on payroll never was taken off. pretty sure I am still on their payroll.
Pros
good money and good holiday pay
Cons
sent into dangerous enviornments
Excellent because they responde your questions
PCA (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAApril 23, 2019
I like the company because they give the training you need. We you have problems they responde right away. If you need more training you can ask for it
Very Productive, great management and employees
Personal Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 12, 2019
Loved working as a PCA for Northeast Arc. They treated me well and were flexible with me when it came to hours and shifts. Great management and felt very respected and welcomed.
Pros
Flexible Hours, healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Great Experience
½ Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 9, 2019
Great job. Had a lot of fun, and built a meaningful relationship. Most enjoyable part was being a personal care attendant. Would highly recommend to others.
great communication skills and hospitality skills.
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 8, 2019
There was a lot of room for growth with this company. they offer training to certify me and a lot of areas. Working for this company improved my skills in hospitality and communication verbally and written. i'm very thankful for the opportunity the have given me.
Pros
Training and job advancement
Cons
you build relationships with the clients and when the get very sick it can be really sad.
Easy, flexible job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 28, 2019
Working as a PCA with Northeast Arc is probably one of the flexible jobs and easy to maintain. I've been able to assist my client and also spend quality time with them.
Pros
Quality time with client, flexible schedule, close to home
Cons
N/a
ABA Provider - Revolving Door for a Reason
Early Intervention Provider (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 13, 2019
Salary and benefits have effectively DECREASED over the years. Providers are expected and encouraged to purchase their own supplies without being reimbursed. Providers are often exposed to health risks like lice, cockroaches, bed bugs, and other vermin and expected to carry on anyway. If providers are exposed to harassment from client families they are told to toughen up. Training was abysmal - I was just thrown into a lot of scenarios I didn't know how to deal with.

Culture is supportive. Peers, BCBAs are very friendly and cooperative. BCBAs will stand up for providers.
Pros
Supportive culture, not at a desk, variety
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Safety
It’s a fun environment
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 15, 2019
I found it fun to take the client to appointments and parks in the summer. I also enjoyed helping him with homework, playing games and activities. It’s also a good form of therapy for both the client and the employee
Work Review
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 5, 2019
Flexible job with lots to do and lots to learn. I enjoyed working with my provider, but not when I'm put on hold for so long when calling headquarters. Overall, it's alright.
Didn't feel like a job
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 7, 2019
I really enjoyed this job because it was relaxed but there were some days that i did have to work hard but that was okay. I stinks the pay is bi-weekly but you get used to it.
Great staff and program director
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MANovember 1, 2018
Do not stay for long term if your looking for pay raises or bonuses. After all this is a not for profit agency which means you won't be making the big bucks. Even if you become assistant director it's only a one dollar raise
Pros
Clients are great, but some can definatlly try your patients and can cause you a lot of streaa
Cons
Stressfull and underpaid
love it
Patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 10, 2018
i love working for this company ,it very good and l love helping the old people the most . it pays well as well . i would Redmond everyone to apply to this job and to help other people in need
Gained an experience, made a difference
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 6, 2018
I enjoy working with this company due to the management, workplace culture. Rewarding to be able to assist client with personal care needs, including grooming, dressing and bathing. I transport client for grocery trips, doctor's appointments, laundromat,shopping,etc. I have learned to be humble and less judgmental. The hardest part is seeing the frustration and embarrassment they sometimes express. Putting a smile on their face or even making them laugh is the most rewarding.
Pros
Helping elderly people with their daily care
Cons
can't think of any
work on the phone taking supervisor calls handle office paper work trained new staff
Bilingual FI-Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 31, 2018
will come in the morning will have work ready to handle over to my staff make sure that the work gets done within the deadline. make sure that my team is not behind on their work and help jumping in with their work if needed
Pros
love the people that i get to help out
Cons
sometimes it can be overwhelm
Leadership Only Connects with Certain Demographics
Employee (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 25, 2018
Not going to write a review because it will probably come back to hurt me. HR is getting very nosy, Lots of reasons to always want to "see your papers". Kinda makes you wonder....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Arc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2