Northeast Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work with
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 15, 2018
Friendly environment and great management. Fast paced and anyone is always willing to help. Definitely a job that requires attention to detail as you are handling other peoples’ money.
Enjoyable
Lead Teller/MSR (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJune 19, 2018
Lots of training to get started, along with continued training throughout employment. Management had an open door policy, was able to communicate with them daily. Smaller branch so everyone knew each other and worked pretty well together. With my title I was sometimes pulled me in multiple directions. I loved the fact that it was a small branch though, we collaborated well. Also, being able to help members get products that they needed to help provide for their financial situations was a satisfying experience.
Good Place to work
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 25, 2018
It was a good place to work with a friendly environment. The managers were always helpful and they were always very flexible and understanding with my work/school schedule.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
short breaks
nice place to work
Teller Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 19, 2018
I don't agree to provide my opinion regarding my employment with Northeast Credit Union I feel this is between my employer and possibly future employers when needed.
Nepotism runs wild
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 11, 2018
Managers supervise family members! Manager approves daughter's loan. This place is run by awful management and if you complain you are fired. Just ask the VP of HR. Oh wait, he was fired for being ethical.
They don't care about their people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 2, 2018
They only do things if the public will see it as a good thing, instead of doing the right thing. They will lie to your face about why they are doing something. The true reason is because it makes them look good.
Fun place to work- great for entry level
Teller (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 18, 2018
Northeast Credit union can be a fun place to work. My most recent manager is awesome and I enjoy the people I work with. It was easy to learn the softwares used and I have been able to move up. However, now there is no “self promotion” so you can only move up in the branches if somebody leaves and the postition opens. Raises only come once a year and if you do change positions the year starts over. Pay is not competitive and I have found it’s below average.
Fun filled days as a teller!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MESeptember 27, 2017
My days went by extremely fast working at this credit union. There was always a task needing completion whether it was filing, faxing or helping a member was never boring to say the least.
Pros
Fun fast paced
Terrible place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHSeptember 9, 2017
God aweful job with no advancement opportunities, favoritism runs high in this company, and there is no advancement based on actual skill. Sales training is non-existent yet they want you to sell, sell, sell! And the incentive compensation that they pay should be illegal. If your going to work at a financial institution, stay away from this one!!

P.S.- And if the the assistant branch manager crashes into your car, make sure you call the police!
Pros
401K, Life insurance
Cons
Everything else
Good people
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Northwood, NHAugust 7, 2017
North East Credit Union is a good place to work, there are good people. Management is a bit rough at times, as in they are unhappy so they are changing fairly often but overall I loved my job there
Lead Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, MEJune 24, 2017
Great teamwork. Great hours, benefits, co workers. Great everything. Very family friendly. No shove down your throat sales. Lots of opportunities to move up and around the company.
ugh
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 23, 2017
Trying to be great at customer service is not going to fly here. NECU does not allow for any follow through on calls so the customer service is nothing but empty promises to members. Very stressful
Pros
annual bonuses
Cons
micro managing everything you do
Stay Away from NECU
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 12, 2017
Over the last few years the company has seen a culture shift for the worst. Many years ago it used to be a great place to work, a place you were happy and proud to be a part of. Now.....not so much.

Now the only way you can get ahead is who you know. Managers will hold employees back or give bad reviews just so they cannot leave a specific department. The worst part is they are protected by the senior management so nothing will ever be done.

If you want a job where they expect the world and pay you nothing, this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Bad Pay, Management are protected
Not a good place
None (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 3, 2016
Former employee. Gave many years to NECU . The last 10 years saw many management changes including some who had no clue what they were doing but has staff who did work while they took credit!! Became like a big bank and lost the member focus! Just get referrals and sell whether the member needs it or not... If you didn't kiss up to the right people you were targeted until you quit or weren't useful anymore. Was a good place at one point until changes in management came along. Surprised they haven't been sued for treatment of employees and harassment!!!
Cons
Management, treatment of dependable employees, favoritism
Great Place to work with a chance to learn
Security/Fraud Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 1, 2016
Coming from the law enforcement background I did not have a lot of experience in the banking industry. NECU taught me and gave me the tools that I needed to learn the job and progress.
Tempory
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 23, 2015
Great work environment and wonderful staff to work with. I temp. here while a women was out on maternity leave. I enjoyed the work and gain a lot of knowledge.
Pros
Great staff
Very fun place to work
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work consist of easy people to work with, fair management, and a team that becomes family. Would highly recommend this work place for anyone who wants to get involved in a long term career.
Exciting and fun place to work
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 22, 2015
A typical day involves working at the main branch in Portsmouth NH and traveling to the other branches throughout the state of NH. Depending on the needs of the branch and Facilities manager who I directly reported to. I had only five co-workers in my department at the main branch but I traveled to all the branches and was known very well by all the branch managers. The hardest part of the job had to due with me being the first person they put into that position I had to lead the way on what my roles were and what tools we needed. Lack of tools at the start was also a small issue. I learned a great deal of things while at NECU. Banking rules to HVAC repair, and so IT support. I found the whole job enjoyable. The best job I have had to this point. I would not have left if I didn't quit to finish my degree in California.
Pros
Schedule, coworkers
Cons
lack of tools and funding to start.
loan servicer
Loan Servicing cordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 30, 2015
A typical day has multiple different tasks and no two days are the same. We process title application prepare the recording of deeds and send them out to the registry's. Process member moves.
Good work place
Senior Member Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHDecember 1, 2014
Supports the Teller Supervisor or Lead Teller: functions as cash vault attendant as required, verifies ATM/night deposits, replenishes ATM and balances ATM terminals;
Performs auditing of CDM’s and replenishing, balancing CDM’s; responsible for assuring that vault and teller line cash security and control procedures are followed.
- Open personal accounts, Savings products, CD’s, Retirement Products (Traditional IRA CD’s and Variable Rate Savings IRA) & Business Accounts
- Cross-sell banking services and products to potential and existing members.

- Determines the nature and extent of each member’s financial needs and provides basic
information concerning credit union services, which meet those needs in a responsive and
Confident manner.

- Authorize and approve teller transactions of a non-routine nature, within established
Parameters. Performs overrides for other tellers as required.

- Completes monthly audit of teller drawers and other monthly audit functions.

- Assists new hires on the job training or serve as a resource to new hires and less experienced staff on the teller line.