Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Very Bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 25, 2018
very stressful environment, management very unethical, they lie to you, watch you even and want to be told what is said to you by other employees. Very bad situation....................
Pros
benefits, not the best but better than none
Cons
watched and questioned by management about co-workers
Very inbred culture
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 19, 2018
Management can be supportive, if you're lucky enough to work for the right person. Some units could have energy by installing an revolving door because of employee turnover. Employee input is encouraged, but rarely implemented.
great leadership
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 8, 2018
While my time at Northeast Georgia Medical Center was brief, it was one of the better companies I have worked for. The leadership was great, and the care provided was awesome as well. I would definitely work for Northeast Georgia again.
Great place for RN's to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 2, 2018
NGHS is a great place for RN's to work. Not so much for a LPN. There is very little placement for a LPN to advance in their career. Very good benefits and good pay.
Management with no experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 22, 2018
NGHS & NGPG puts managers in positions with no management experience. It's the "good old buddy system". It's all in who you brown nose. Talks about employees to other employees and other practice admins. The pay they say is competitive, but they are basing pay on other systems in North Ga, i.e. Chestatee, Habersham, etc. Stay away, far, far away from NGPG.
Pros
Physicians
Cons
Backstabbing, unrelentless write ups, huge turnover.
at the time it was a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 3, 2018
It was a very good place to start my career as a nurse. I have not worked there in over 11 years, but during my time it was a friendly place, and I loved it. I would not mind going back.
Pros
The people
Cons
the patient nurse ratio
Good Place to Work At
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAApril 3, 2018
Good place to work at depending what department you work for. One problem I has with my department supervisors is that they would try idea that worked for tother places but not necessarily for our department which always caused problems.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great Facilities
Cons
Some supervisors/managements don't know what they are doing.
Very rewarding watching the gift of life.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 2, 2018
I really love my job.I just need to have the same job description and duties closer to home.The staff are great and we work together as a team.I learned a lot of skills that I can take with me anywhere throughout the medical field.I am truly blessed.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
Too far of a commute.
Work Conditions
Contract Worker Implementation of new EMR (Former Employee) –  Cummings,GAApril 1, 2018
I Performed ATE support for Physicians and Nurses during the Go Live phase of new EMR known as Epic. Staff was friendly and very receptive of new software.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paced,
Medical office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 28, 2018
i would recommend this company for people in other departments then in a outpatient setting. Management not good, not respected and training is not that great!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough staff
Stressful, hard work that is unappreciated
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 22, 2018
Working there would be great if you were appreciated but unless you're a brown nose or with the in crowd there is no recognition or advancement career wise or financially.
Good Place to Work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 18, 2018
Good place to work, fast paced. Coworker got along well with each other, would recommend working here. Got along well with management. Stressful sometimes
Diverse Dynamics
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 6, 2018
Working nights in my current position is made enjoyable by my coworkers. Team work is wonderful and I never worry about having back up when I need it. Unfortunately, the culture is not the same as when I first started working here. There have been multiple changes in administration that have resulted in unsafe situations and morale is extremely low. The hardest part of my job is not having adequate support staff for routine patient care needs, running out of supplies, delays in delivery of medications and not having appropriate equipment for specific patient needs The most enjoyable part of my job is, again, working with wonderful people as well as the satisfaction that despite the challenges, my patients have received my best care and I am proud of the job I have done.
Pros
paid training classes, reimbursement for professional membership fees.
Cons
poor staffing ratios, short or no breaks
IT department is terrible
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 4, 2018
Led by a leadership who does not really know how to be true leaders. The CIO of iT controls all decisions, including who the directors hire for their teams. Directors have no control over any decision making because the CIO is involved in every decision. Poor work life balance environment, where you are always expected to work hard at the expense of still losing your job.
Pros
Cons
Bad leadership
Very fast paced work environment
Security Liaison (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Good place of employment; very good benefits. Management in my department was very helpful. I learned a great deal and enjoyed my job. Had to leave because of sale of my home and moving.
Poor management, stressful environment
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (relief) (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Staff is overwhelmed with 5-6 stepdown level patients on a medsurg floor. Frequently understaffed. Charge nurses not helpful for the most part and those that were, were overwhelmed with their own work. Some were flat out not helpful at all and would spend the entire day on their phone dealing with personal drama. Charge nurses with access would come in late or leave early and change their hours so it wouldn't reflect, but would penalize other staff for tardiness or absences. Manager was repeatedly told about the situation and failed to take action. Extremely high turnover. In the two years I was there, only myself and 1 other RN were there for the whole time, orientees would leave as quickly as possible after orientation. No time for breaks or lunches, but we would get reprimanded for not taking them. If we did, we had to take our phone and would frequently be interrupted. Lastly, there was no room for career advancement. You could do everything right but advancement was based on favoritism not seniority or merit.
Management issues
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 26, 2018
Overall a good place to work but had a significant turn around in employees and management. Poor management replacement which caused conflict for many employees
Racist workplace
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 17, 2018
It's sad that in 2018, Gainesville Georgia has so many hateful people. What's even more sad is that there's a pattern of racism and forcing out African Americans in leadership roles, but HR is doing nothing to put a stopping to it.
Pros
Some genuinely good people
Cons
Too many genuinely Hateful and racist individuals, and management gives a blind eye.
Well run company placing patients first
Hospice Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 13, 2018
If you desire to work for a company who follows the rules and makes patient care number one, this is the place to be. I would have never left if the hours of my specific job would have been more conducive to fit my home life. Overall, great company to have been a part of.
Not a bad place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Management is approachable, there is a good team work environment. It is difficult to transfer to another unit/department ,
sometimes it is who you know not what you know.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough PDO'S

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeast Georgia Health System Reviews by Location