Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

good place to work
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJanuary 29, 2019
good place to work, but little room for advancement and pay increases
Did not feel like there was a a lot of home/work life separation. Management expected us to so things on our time off, but would not reciprocate the ideals. Such as meetings. We were expected to come in on our off time for meetings, but never made arrangements to accommodate our shift (weekends) for things.
Pros
convienent work schedule
Cons
little room for advancements
Cut throat emplyees
Allied health (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Unless you go with the flow and sometimes that don’t work out for you then I wouldn’t bother applying. Apply at your on risk.I missed one day of work and never was written up for anything
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employees and favortism
Making a difference!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 8, 2019
In this organization what I do makes a difference, not only for my fellow team members, but also to our patients and their families, and we are improving our community as well.
Pros
Free parking, opportunity to advance, competitive salary, education
Good place
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Learn on the floor from nursing staff about patient care.
Transferred to an indirect patient contact role to continue helping others without direct care.
Hardest part of the job is getting attached to the patients
Friendly and productive
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Love the job and employes but the drive to and from as a lot on me. I start PRN at Athens Regional and its only 20 mins instead of 1 hour there and back
Pros
Team players
Cons
Drive
top management led system that does not take workers into account for decisions
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 2, 2019
The people at the top want to dictate how the people providing care to the patients do their job quickly and have no idea what is involved in actual patient care.
northeast ga health system
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 1, 2019
Northeast Georgia health system is a wonder place to work, There is a lot of encouragement from the staff to excel at what we do. I know that if I ever move back to Georgia I would be welcomed with open arms to return.
Review of Job
Post Acute Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 31, 2018
I have been with the hospital for 20 years, different positions. I love what I do but am also looking for something that may work better with the home/work life balance.
Enjoy my job.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 14, 2018
I love working with our patients where it is in clinic directly with them or on the phone in triage when they are having symptoms of a possible cardiac event and try to reassure them.
Pros
Wonderful, caring supervisor
Cons
Have to use PDO if closed for the holiday if you want to be paid.
Horrible
CMA (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 12, 2018
Backstabbed and under appreciated. Management will retaliate at a moments notice if you are a whistle blower. DO NOT TRUST ANYONE HERE. You will end up heart broken and disatisfied if you take your job personally and strive to do your best for yourself and for your company. Patient care has gone out the window. The common theme now is "herding cattle." More patients=less quality care given= more revenue for management or anyone who likes to brown nose. Corrupt and unsafe environment. Be warned.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Thrown to the wolves, sink or swim
No room for advancement
Charge Capture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 9, 2018
A lot of departments continue to hire outside and tend to overlook talent that has shown loyalty to the company. The department I work for has a wonderful manager. She tries to encourage self-improvement in your career.
Pros
work/ life balance
Cons
no advancement opportunities
One of the best places I worked
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 8, 2018
Great flexible hours. The team was amazing and worked very well together. There was no minor managing. easy to do the job and had the resources Close to home.
Good IT place to work and learn.
Desktop Support II The CSI Comp (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 12, 2018
A typical day for IT as a contractor was to follow up on work required and to check the status of units that were out on the floor. Tickets were distributed based on your work area and expertise.
Pros
Good learning and training.
Cons
Not enough communication from IT at times to end users.
it's an okay place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 9, 2018
Could be better and it could be worse. Pay is okay. Insurance is expensive. I do like the fact that we can make our own schedules and there are a lot of opportunities to make extra money, however, I feel like a lot of the decisions and policies that are implemented are done by people who have little to no background in direct patient care.
Left due to move to Florida
Emergency Trauma Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 7, 2018
I loved working at NE Georgia. It was a well run ED and they offered multiple opportunities to further your education. The team work made working in a stressful environment tolerable
Pros
Great team work
Great learning experience
Precert and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 31, 2018
The job itself was great. Enjoyed it very much. Was able to move advance in the years I was there. very large office and you always saw different people every day. The manager took the personal life a little too far but other than that it was a great job.
Pros
Pay, location, enviornment, helping others, and hours of work.
Cons
Manager could have been a little more professional.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 3, 2018
NEGA Health System is a very good place to work. For the most part it is a work enviroment that is fair and promotes equality and the pay is compatible with the cost of living and what you would expect. Like most places, you have your bad management at certain locations that sooner or later you have to deal with. But the organization is pretty good at detecting trends and upsets that happen and are contained in one location and they take care of the problem. In all, I found it a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, chance for advancement and promotions from within the company
Cons
Some bad management issues in off campus locations
Poor treatment of employees
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleOctober 2, 2018
Poor management here, understaffed, overworked, unappreciated, causes patient safety issues. Employees are skilled and so hard working and truly the best thing about working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
great coworkers and meaningful work but no work/life balance
Hospice RN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 29, 2018
Every day is an adventure, traveling to different homes or facilities, triaging based on emergency calls vs. routine visits. Families and patients are mostly grateful for the help, and it is a privilege to be able to help patients become peaceful and comfortable during the most tender time in life. Hospice coworkers work as a team and have the good of the patient at heart at all times. Management are very supportive and have worked in the field so that they understand what the field nurses are going through. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the documentation. Because some days are so busy with symptom management, many times nights are spent finishing documentation instead of spending time with family. The job is salary so there is no overtime.
Nice People, poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 16, 2018
Management is very unaware of any day to day activities that goes on within their teams that they are managing. They try to be a part of the groups by either micromanaging or constantly bickering for info. They may be certified or went to EPIC to get their proficiency / certifications, however they lack the knowledge of a trainer or builder, and just know their role as a corporate person (some do not even know how to properly manage).
They push for work life balance, however expect you to do the impossible all the time. To finish work that cannot be done in a normal day, or finish projects that take more time than what is listed within their heads.
Working with the other analysts / trainers who have the knowledge and understanding of the day to day job makes the role more desirable. Even having your SMEs having a complete understanding was a great bonus. But the lack of communication between upper management and their staff makes it an obvious choice why they have such a high turnover rate among the EPIC team.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss