Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Nice People, poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 16, 2018
Management is very unaware of any day to day activities that goes on within their teams that they are managing. They try to be a part of the groups by either micromanaging or constantly bickering for info. They may be certified or went to EPIC to get their proficiency / certifications, however they lack the knowledge of a trainer or builder, and just know their role as a corporate person (some do not even know how to properly manage).
They push for work life balance, however expect you to do the impossible all the time. To finish work that cannot be done in a normal day, or finish projects that take more time than what is listed within their heads.
Working with the other analysts / trainers who have the knowledge and understanding of the day to day job makes the role more desirable. Even having your SMEs having a complete understanding was a great bonus. But the lack of communication between upper management and their staff makes it an obvious choice why they have such a high turnover rate among the EPIC team.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership, lack of communication
This job and this setting is my passion.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 31, 2018
I absolutely love working at NGHS. Helping people is my passion, and by working here it gave me the chance to show it. NGHS is such a great company to work for; With career advancement and other opportunities that every employee can take advantage of. Great company.
A great health care facility.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with management, co-workers and attending staff meetings. Training in different departments was interesting. The hardest part of the job were the days I typed 6 hours. It was exciting to see patients get well and enjoy life. Being able to work out at Fit for Life was a plus.
loosely organized
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 23, 2018
in the lab department there was no use in voicing an opinion. The turnover rate was horrible. The pay was not competitive with other hospitals, The pay doesn't match the amount of work, This place basically wants you to be thankful you're receiving a pay check
Unsatisfactory work environment
Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 23, 2018
No communication between departments, laboratory totally forgotten, compensation is a joke, your opinions will never matter even after surveys are taken. Company cares more about making money than treating their employees like they need to be treated.
northeast Georgia health care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 22, 2018
excellent company to work for, great work life balance, excellent management, excellent coworkers. wonderful patient centered hospice program. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Amazing place to work!
Medicaid and Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 21, 2018
NGHS has a great workplace culture. They allow you to have a good balance between work life and home life. They understand life happens. I enjoy my position at NGHS.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
Low morale
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 19, 2018
A lot has change...many employees leaving. Management has done nothing to improve the morale of employees. The director is not a good fit for surgical services
Love to work just not getting paid enough for all the work I do
Runner (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work the people are nice and polite I been working at the company for two years now and I have learned a lot from the people o work with
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 15, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS. The one major set back was the pay we received as a Specimen Processor. We are responsible for patients lab samples (which in turn equals to their lives) and under very stressful work loads to work accurate and in a timely manner. The pay rate does not reflect the work load and the high responsibility that we were liable for on a day to day basis.
n/a
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2018
The facility, co-workers and unit managers are fantastic. The compensation is great. The education opportunities offered are good. The overall culture of the facility is very negative & depressing among employees.
Pros
Pros:compensation & great managers.
Cons
Cons: the work culture is very negative.
Productive and Fast Paced
Patient Care Technician/Unit Assistant(Secretary) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2018
Working for the hospital gave me more than I could have requested in experience and coworkers. I've worked along side some amazing RNs who guided me and trained me in basic RN logic. One nurse in particular took time to train me how to remove IV and foley catheter from a patient before discharging them. Another RN had gone over basic medication symptoms when being mixed with another IV given medication.
Pros
Amazing RN
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Lab Review Summary
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 29, 2018
The work atmosphere is structured and scheduled. Teamwork is highly motivated throughout this work place and strongly recommended. In my opinion, this is the perfect "middle" job for finding something else to move forward with during times of furthering your education. With little to no time for a personal life, however, scheduled vacations were never out of reach.
Pros
Paid days off, good commute, average pay for entry level job
Cons
Should not be entry level job, high stress, reliable for all mistakes without a strong education background
great place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 13, 2018
I learned alot about the back side of ins companies not a bad thing just more information.I enjoyed working with my co workers and gained alot of friends. Most enjoyable part was being able to eat lunch with my co workers.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 13, 2018
There were a number of things I liked best about that job. I enjoyed the level of open and direct communication. This moved things along quickly and few things were left unsaid. This meant that people had to detach themselves from the topic and not take comments personally or make personal comments. It was always about solving the business problems. Another thing I liked was your ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.
Good PLace to work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 12, 2018
I love my job and the people that i work with. No matter what chain of the hospital you are in the whole unit feels like a family. There is always a way they make the employees feel as if we mater.
Hometown culture
IT Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 12, 2018
If you are not a local you are treated as such. Their mission is good but they don't stand behind it with how they silo employees. Promotions don't happen unless you are family or a local. They are closed minded when it comes to being innovative.
The Bright Spot
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 10, 2018
Working at the Bright Spot Cafe is very fast-paced. All of the employees are very friendly and make you feel welcomed. The food is amazing and there are plenty of dining options.
Enjoyed working at NGHS during my time there
Business Analyst II Grand Central/Prelude (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 5, 2018
NGHS is a good place to work. It just didn't work well for me because of family issues. The atmosphere is very condusive to getting work done and most respect the cubeville etiquette.
Good place overall
analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
This is a good place to work. It's fairly busy but not overly so. The people are nice. Things run efficiently. There are at least two cafeterias to choose from. The food is good. Many happy smiling faces. They are continuing to expand and will likely be growing for many years to come. Traffic can be a bit of a problem but only for a while at peak times.
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight