Northeast Georgia Health System
Updates from Northeast Georgia Health System:

Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

United States444 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
I was an intern at Northeast Georgia Medical Center. I worked in the office, where I learned how to do various office tasks. I enjoyed my time here immensely and I highly recommend volunteering here.
They make promises they don’t keep
Worked Nights in ICU at Winder sorry management was told I would go to days.They Hired Nurses in Days without moving me off Nights I was the Only Full Time R.N. On Nights.After I was hired they got rid of the Current Manager and The New Manager said I would go to days once they Hired Full Time Registered Nurses on Nights which never happened
It was a great place to work ans great co workets
Overall I would work there again and know that it would be a pleasure knowing I was serving patients and my community. Also have the benefits needed and the flexibility and work balance. Although I worked night, still was fulfilling
Department
The department at the time was going through changes due to unstable management. IMS manager came to evaluate and contribute in department growth to better service for surgical core.
Good organization
Northeast Georgia Medical Center located in Gainesville, Georgia is a progressive health care facility. They offer full services including women’s services, open heart surgery and other areas. I recommend this facility for good health care.
Pros
Competent medical and nursing staff
Cons
Not enough medical records jobs
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Just another mindless Corp
Not a terrible place but there is definitely a feeling of overwhelming bureaucracy. If you’re not interested in the bs and only care about the objectives you’re not going any further up from where you start. If you however tow the line and are a good little apparatchik you’ll do well. But you need to get the pay cap to make it worth your time.
Fun
Love medical and culture, being involved in helping the sick is best ...................... Great trained professional s to help you make it better to do job right.
Good and bad
Northeast Georgia is a decent place to work. At times thing are great, but more often than not, you are underappreciated. Management is not supportive and advancement is extremely difficult.
Learned to clean properly
It was good everyone there was nice and very helpful. I learned a lot of things like technical words and how people use things and it was such a great experience
Nice people
Its hard to move up an the pay is ridiculous for the amount of responsibility an work that u do. I've been at that hospital for 8 years an seen it change hands numerous times.
Cares about community
Each work day brought togetherness for not only the patients and family members but also the staff, no matter their job title. I learned how important my job really was for the hospital and for the environment. I loved working here. The hardest part of my job was not being able to physically help the patients however, i did let the staff know about the patients needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i could bring a smile to the patients and/or families face , to get their mind off of things for a few minutes. I love to bring light to others, whether it's from my smile, a "good morning", "hope you have a great day", or just to listen to what they want to say.
Fast pace work flow.
High volume food service operation. Learned modified diets and enjoyed interaction with patients. Typical day at work is never boring and quite challenging.
Worst place to work
Poor management, performance management and advancement is non-existent, job description violated, employees are treated like machines, outdated equipment.
Pros
Most fellow employees are great people to work with
Cons
Too many to list
Good
Good company to work for. Great culture and environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. They make everything better. Management works around schedule whenever needed.
Diverse & Fulfilling Workplace
I was a volunteer at the auxiliary and so I got to work closely with a lot of wonderful people. It was great with flexibility, wonderful work environment. Would Recommend!
Culture of bullying gets ignored
This was the worst employment experience of my career! Culture of bullying across the entire health system goes unchecked. Dont bother going to HR with your concerns, they flip it around and say you are the problem in order to protect the bullies who rule the kingdom there. A truly horrible place to work!
People
It is the people you work with everyday at this job that makes it better. You make personal connections with everyone you work with and the people you are taking care of.
Lacking positive culture
Great people to work with for the most part, but many are agency employees who don’t care...managers aren’t present due to the many other activities they are tasked with...charge nurses “charging” more than one floor at a time...and taking patients. Safety?? Very lax.
a good place to work
a good place to work. Management is professional and concern. The administrative staff is the top. Compensation is mailed monthly. Direct deposit would greatly improve compensation to a 5 star
Great facilities, and great bosses. Everyone one is friendly, and also trying to help you to improve. They are always providing on going classes for continued education.
My department is NOT micromanaged, as long as you get your work done, caring, loving and fun
A typical day at work is the same; I receive my payors spreadsheet from accounting, map the deposit file to the remit file so payments can electronically post to patients account. My department is friendly and loving. Management is understanding, loving, and does not micromanage. My job is not challenging though and I am not compensated enough for my skills.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight