Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

it's an okay place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 9, 2018
Could be better and it could be worse. Pay is okay. Insurance is expensive. I do like the fact that we can make our own schedules and there are a lot of opportunities to make extra money, however, I feel like a lot of the decisions and policies that are implemented are done by people who have little to no background in direct patient care.
Left due to move to Florida
Emergency Trauma Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 7, 2018
I loved working at NE Georgia. It was a well run ED and they offered multiple opportunities to further your education. The team work made working in a stressful environment tolerable
Pros
Great team work
Great learning experience
Precert and Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 31, 2018
The job itself was great. Enjoyed it very much. Was able to move advance in the years I was there. very large office and you always saw different people every day. The manager took the personal life a little too far but other than that it was a great job.
Pros
Pay, location, enviornment, helping others, and hours of work.
Cons
Manager could have been a little more professional.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 3, 2018
NEGA Health System is a very good place to work. For the most part it is a work enviroment that is fair and promotes equality and the pay is compatible with the cost of living and what you would expect. Like most places, you have your bad management at certain locations that sooner or later you have to deal with. But the organization is pretty good at detecting trends and upsets that happen and are contained in one location and they take care of the problem. In all, I found it a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, chance for advancement and promotions from within the company
Cons
Some bad management issues in off campus locations
Poor treatment of employees
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleOctober 2, 2018
Poor management here, understaffed, overworked, unappreciated, causes patient safety issues. Employees are skilled and so hard working and truly the best thing about working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Nice People, poor Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 16, 2018
Management is very unaware of any day to day activities that goes on within their teams that they are managing. They try to be a part of the groups by either micromanaging or constantly bickering for info. They may be certified or went to EPIC to get their proficiency / certifications, however they lack the knowledge of a trainer or builder, and just know their role as a corporate person (some do not even know how to properly manage).
They push for work life balance, however expect you to do the impossible all the time. To finish work that cannot be done in a normal day, or finish projects that take more time than what is listed within their heads.
Working with the other analysts / trainers who have the knowledge and understanding of the day to day job makes the role more desirable. Even having your SMEs having a complete understanding was a great bonus. But the lack of communication between upper management and their staff makes it an obvious choice why they have such a high turnover rate among the EPIC team.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership, lack of communication
Good place to work overall
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braselton Ga.September 10, 2018
Need higher salaries. More flexible schedules. More staff. Always understaffed.
Option of 12 hours and 8 hours for certain jobs. Bidshift doesn't work for all positions.opportunities for other jobs if you want to transfer should be easier.
Thats all for now.
Pros
No micro mgmt
Cons
Lack of flexible different shifts 8hr & 12hr shifts needed
This job and this setting is my passion.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 31, 2018
I absolutely love working at NGHS. Helping people is my passion, and by working here it gave me the chance to show it. NGHS is such a great company to work for; With career advancement and other opportunities that every employee can take advantage of. Great company.
A great health care facility.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed working with management, co-workers and attending staff meetings. Training in different departments was interesting. The hardest part of the job were the days I typed 6 hours. It was exciting to see patients get well and enjoy life. Being able to work out at Fit for Life was a plus.
loosely organized
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 23, 2018
in the lab department there was no use in voicing an opinion. The turnover rate was horrible. The pay was not competitive with other hospitals, The pay doesn't match the amount of work, This place basically wants you to be thankful you're receiving a pay check
Unsatisfactory work environment
Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processing Lead (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 23, 2018
No communication between departments, laboratory totally forgotten, compensation is a joke, your opinions will never matter even after surveys are taken. Company cares more about making money than treating their employees like they need to be treated.
northeast Georgia health care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 22, 2018
excellent company to work for, great work life balance, excellent management, excellent coworkers. wonderful patient centered hospice program. I would highly recommend to anyone.
Amazing place to work!
Medicaid and Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 21, 2018
NGHS has a great workplace culture. They allow you to have a good balance between work life and home life. They understand life happens. I enjoy my position at NGHS.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Benefits
Low morale
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 19, 2018
A lot has change...many employees leaving. Management has done nothing to improve the morale of employees. The director is not a good fit for surgical services
Love to work just not getting paid enough for all the work I do
Runner (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAAugust 16, 2018
Not a bad place to work the people are nice and polite I been working at the company for two years now and I have learned a lot from the people o work with
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 15, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS. The one major set back was the pay we received as a Specimen Processor. We are responsible for patients lab samples (which in turn equals to their lives) and under very stressful work loads to work accurate and in a timely manner. The pay rate does not reflect the work load and the high responsibility that we were liable for on a day to day basis.
n/a
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2018
The facility, co-workers and unit managers are fantastic. The compensation is great. The education opportunities offered are good. The overall culture of the facility is very negative & depressing among employees.
Pros
Pros:compensation & great managers.
Cons
Cons: the work culture is very negative.
Productive and Fast Paced
Patient Care Technician/Unit Assistant(Secretary) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2018
Working for the hospital gave me more than I could have requested in experience and coworkers. I've worked along side some amazing RNs who guided me and trained me in basic RN logic. One nurse in particular took time to train me how to remove IV and foley catheter from a patient before discharging them. Another RN had gone over basic medication symptoms when being mixed with another IV given medication.
Pros
Amazing RN
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Lab Review Summary
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 29, 2018
The work atmosphere is structured and scheduled. Teamwork is highly motivated throughout this work place and strongly recommended. In my opinion, this is the perfect "middle" job for finding something else to move forward with during times of furthering your education. With little to no time for a personal life, however, scheduled vacations were never out of reach.
Pros
Paid days off, good commute, average pay for entry level job
Cons
Should not be entry level job, high stress, reliable for all mistakes without a strong education background
great place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 13, 2018
I learned alot about the back side of ins companies not a bad thing just more information.I enjoyed working with my co workers and gained alot of friends. Most enjoyable part was being able to eat lunch with my co workers.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight