Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS.
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 15, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working at NGHS. The one major set back was the pay we received as a Specimen Processor. We are responsible for patients lab samples (which in turn equals to their lives) and under very stressful work loads to work accurate and in a timely manner. The pay rate does not reflect the work load and the high responsibility that we were liable for on a day to day basis.
n/a
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 13, 2018
The facility, co-workers and unit managers are fantastic. The compensation is great. The education opportunities offered are good. The overall culture of the facility is very negative & depressing among employees.
Pros
Pros:compensation & great managers.
Cons
Cons: the work culture is very negative.
Productive and Fast Paced
Patient Care Technician/Unit Assistant(Secretary) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 1, 2018
Working for the hospital gave me more than I could have requested in experience and coworkers. I've worked along side some amazing RNs who guided me and trained me in basic RN logic. One nurse in particular took time to train me how to remove IV and foley catheter from a patient before discharging them. Another RN had gone over basic medication symptoms when being mixed with another IV given medication.
Pros
Amazing RN
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Lab Review Summary
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 29, 2018
The work atmosphere is structured and scheduled. Teamwork is highly motivated throughout this work place and strongly recommended. In my opinion, this is the perfect "middle" job for finding something else to move forward with during times of furthering your education. With little to no time for a personal life, however, scheduled vacations were never out of reach.
Pros
Paid days off, good commute, average pay for entry level job
Cons
Should not be entry level job, high stress, reliable for all mistakes without a strong education background
great place
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 13, 2018
I learned alot about the back side of ins companies not a bad thing just more information.I enjoyed working with my co workers and gained alot of friends. Most enjoyable part was being able to eat lunch with my co workers.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons
the most enjoyable part of the job
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 13, 2018
There were a number of things I liked best about that job. I enjoyed the level of open and direct communication. This moved things along quickly and few things were left unsaid. This meant that people had to detach themselves from the topic and not take comments personally or make personal comments. It was always about solving the business problems. Another thing I liked was your ability to learn new things and take on more responsibility. Everyone was in a constant state of growth.
Good PLace to work
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 12, 2018
I love my job and the people that i work with. No matter what chain of the hospital you are in the whole unit feels like a family. There is always a way they make the employees feel as if we mater.
Hometown culture
IT Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 12, 2018
If you are not a local you are treated as such. Their mission is good but they don't stand behind it with how they silo employees. Promotions don't happen unless you are family or a local. They are closed minded when it comes to being innovative.
The Bright Spot
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 10, 2018
Working at the Bright Spot Cafe is very fast-paced. All of the employees are very friendly and make you feel welcomed. The food is amazing and there are plenty of dining options.
Enjoyed working at NGHS during my time there
Business Analyst II Grand Central/Prelude (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 5, 2018
NGHS is a good place to work. It just didn't work well for me because of family issues. The atmosphere is very condusive to getting work done and most respect the cubeville etiquette.
Good place overall
analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
This is a good place to work. It's fairly busy but not overly so. The people are nice. Things run efficiently. There are at least two cafeterias to choose from. The food is good. Many happy smiling faces. They are continuing to expand and will likely be growing for many years to come. Traffic can be a bit of a problem but only for a while at peak times.
Pros
Nice Place
Cons
Traffic
Job Review
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 27, 2018
Overall rewarding job, however the pay is insulting and makes it really hard to enjoy the job. Some nurses are extremely rude and wont help with patients so the techs bust there butts.
loved it
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  gainesville, gaJune 26, 2018
This job was quick paced, could be stressful at times but that was ok. I loved the patients and people I worked with. I left so I could continue my education.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
stressfull at times, not enough hourly pay
Snarky women in the lab.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 24, 2018
Most of the grumpy old women in the lab have been there forever. They hate on anyone new coming in.
You see a lot of stuff, but if you try to ask questions, you get dirty looks.
Fast paced and high school like
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 21, 2018
A lot of the managers will become friends with their employees and give unfair advantages to them and not the people who refuse to get involved. This was the biggest problem that I faced. If you want to work non stop they will let you. It can be hard but if you want a fast paced, high paying job it is a great place to work.
Pros
discounts, lots of hours, great friends
Cons
bad management, unfair pay, rarely get breaks
Very detail-oriented job
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 12, 2018
The job was great. It was always fast paced, never slow. Multitasking is a must. The pay for the job was minimal, compared to other jobs in the surrounding areas. I enjoyed helping others' out when they were in need.
Pros
Healthcare for myself and my children
Cons
The commute; core values were not followed.
Very Bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 25, 2018
very stressful environment, management very unethical, they lie to you, watch you even and want to be told what is said to you by other employees. Very bad situation....................
Pros
benefits, not the best but better than none
Cons
watched and questioned by management about co-workers
Great Job
Image Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 22, 2018
I truly enjoyed my job at Northeast , it was very rewarding. I enjoyed making sure my patients where taken care of, all there needs where met in a timely fashion.
Very inbred culture
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 19, 2018
Management can be supportive, if you're lucky enough to work for the right person. Some units could have energy by installing an revolving door because of employee turnover. Employee input is encouraged, but rarely implemented.
fun and fast environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 16, 2018
its a high volume environment but as long as can work in a fast paved work environment you should be good. You are constantly learning and perfecting your skill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.