Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Review

View all Northeast Georgia Health System reviews

Horrible Management
RN (Current Employee) –  Staff NurseSeptember 8, 2013
The hours are great and benefits are okay. Other than that, they have nothing to offer. The old saying that nurses eat their young is well proven here, and management does nothing about it. Complaining to the supervisor is useless, nothing gets accomplished. Communication is non existent. You are very lucky if you get a response, at least in the emergency department. I had complained multiple times as a family member of a patient several years ago. When i became employed there i thought that things would be different and I could see their point of view in their actions. That was not the case. They were still rude and unhelpful. The charge nurse will raise her voice and scold you over little things in front of patients, family and other staff, which is very unprofessional. Nurse techs gather in the hallway and complain about their job just outside of patient's rooms. I can totally understand why they have such an extremely high turnover rate!
only working 3 days a week
everything else

Other Northeast Georgia Health System Employee Reviews

Very fast paced work environment
Security Liaison (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Good place of employment; very good benefits. Management in my department was very helpful. I learned a great deal and enjoyed my job. Had to leave because of sale of my home and moving.
Poor management, stressful environment
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (relief) (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Staff is overwhelmed with 5-6 stepdown level patients on a medsurg floor. Frequently understaffed. Charge nurses not helpful for the most part and those that were, were overwhelmed with their own work. Some were flat out not helpful at all and would spend the entire day on their phone dealing with personal drama. Charge nurses with access would come in late or leave early and change their hours so it wouldn't reflect, but would penalize other staff for tardiness or absences. Manager was repeatedly told about the situation and failed to take action. Extremely high turnover. In the two years I was there, only myself and 1 other RN were there for the whole time, orientees would leave as quickly as possible after orientation. No time for breaks or lunches, but we would get reprimanded for not taking them. If we did, we had to take our phone and would frequently be interrupted. Lastly, there was no room for career advancement. You could do everything right but advancement was based on favoritism not seniority or merit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Georgia Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeast Georgia Health System Reviews by Location