Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company; Positive Community Impact
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2018
NEORSD is one of the few companies in the Cleveland area that has a true positive impact on the community. Work/life balance is good, benefits are excellent.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, compensation
Cons
slow change, union environment
Not what I expected
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHJanuary 28, 2018
I was a maintenance intern for a summer. I learned a few handy things like weed whacking and making sure I was early to being on time. The job essentially was being an underpaid janitor who sometimes got to go weed whack the landscape.
Workplace Culture
Good Neighbor Ambassador Program (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44115October 30, 2017
A typical day at work was we would go to all of the local projects around Cleveland where the construction was being done, and we will pick up trash and cut different areas of grass. There will be days where we take tours of the different NEORSD plants so that way we can see what jobs we want to apply for. But while in the program, we also went to school for Career Advancement and also Crucial Conversations. The classes lasted 2 months, and it helped me with rebuilding my resume and applying for another job. The hardest part of the job was the schooling, but i got through it and the most enjoyable part of the job was when we was out in the neighborhoods and the people that was around us was really nice and we made a difference in the community.
Wish I didn't work there
To afraid to say (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 12, 2017
NEORSD is the poster child for waste, they waste money by the thousands . There are a few completely incompetent people in key positions that are driving this organization into the ground. If you make a monthly check payable to these people you are getting hosed. The turnover rate is skyrocketing and no one cares, makes it easier to hire family and friends with no qualifications, that's why all the capable people leave, and allowing for the huge misuse of money.
Pros
Forced customer base
Cons
Clueless leadership
Great place to gain experience.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Working at the NEORSD has taught me a lot about communication and how to develop people skills. Many people view safety as a burden across the nation but if you have the right people skills, you can explain that it is a benefit to the workers and the company you work out. The NEORSD taught me how to develop these skills with the management involved. They are willing to work with you and help you success. The hardest part of the job is to implement changes in the organization. You have to implement changes into this organization in a way that it will not effect the process of the work. That is a difficult challenge to master.
Good working environment
B-Stem Intern (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHJanuary 8, 2017
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District was a great place to work. The people that I worked with and for treated me very well. We were able to accomplish a lot during my internship at the Southerly plant. I would gladly work for them again and would positively advocate this organization to anyone who is thinking about applying for a job with them.
Wqis worst dept
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2016
Management in WQIS is horrible and I would not recommend working within this group. Very strange working environment. Office morale is extremely low. No constructive criticism given.
Great employer
Good Neighbor Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
The best employer ever i have worked with company for 3 months,it has been a great experience,great benifits and great management.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
n/a
Productive and supportive work environment with opportunities for career growth.
Good Neighbor Ambassador- March- Current (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 16, 2015
The North East Ohio Regional Sewer District has a productive and supportive environment. The are plenty of company events to attend and network amongst each other. There are also opportunities and encouragement to further your career.
Relaxed work environment and a great work experience for a young engineer
Engineering and Construction Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2015
As an intern, I mostly did the daily reports for the current construction projects at the wastewater plant I was at for the summer. The construction supervisors are all very knowledgeable and come from different backgrounds, including engineering, inspecting, and building maintenance. I worked mostly with the senior construction supervisors and had very little contact with other interns, unlike other interns that worked in other departments. The hardest part of the job was understanding some of the work that was being done because I didn't have any previous experience or exposure to construction on such a large scale. However, the best part of the job was to be able to walk outside around the plants and talk to employees and contractors about how the plant functions.
Pros
Large intern program, hire interns for full time positions, ability to move from department to department
Cons
Half hour lunch, small office environment, no vacations for interns
Job security, room for growth and great employee benefits!
Maintenance Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhMarch 16, 2015
It is a great place to work, people are friendly the benefits are great and everyone supports growth. Tuition assistance is excellent as well.
Good solid company with a admirable mission
Manager of Communications & Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJanuary 14, 2015
Company culture in transition because a significant number of people are retiring. Resulting politics can be stressful.

Colleagues and coworkers are great for the most part.

Benefits are great and the working environment is safe and comfortable.
Pros
Job security, goal of job is to improve water quality and ultimately the environment, decent pay, good benefits and good people in general.
Cons
Office politics
Professional Work
Paraprofessional Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Great Place to work . Great Professional environment and staff
Hard work and determination
Good Neighbor Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Downtown Cleveland,OHJune 23, 2014
Young man who is determined to be successful and take care of business to provide for my family.
High paying jobs, if you're family, but NEORSD customers are going broke
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Westerly locationJanuary 4, 2014
The Union protects its own. The Union will make sure that you get paid well for the work you do. However, nepotism is rampant. No skills required. If you have a relative working for Cuyahoga County or the City of Cleveland, there is a job for you at the NEORSD. Even the corrupt members of Jimmy Dimora's office are now working at the Sewer District.
Pros
Very High Pay, very easy work
Cons
NEORSD are going broke, be we have the Monoply
Great workplace
Summer Assistant (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioDecember 23, 2013
Had a wonderful supervisor love the staff and love how everyone can work together to get our jobs done
Very stable job
Pump Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2013
Good place to work , only 40 hours per week, more communcation among managerment and union
Pros
good fellow workers and supervisors
Cons
no overtime
High turnover rate due to gossip
Co-op in the lab (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga HeightsDecember 31, 2012
The sewer district is run by 2nd and 3rd class people. If you need experience and you can avoid gossip and drama, the sewer district is a place to build your resume until a serious job becomes available. New people will often become the targets of gossip. The management ignores the cancerous gossip, thereby encouraging it.
Pros
always hiring because someone is always quitting
Cons
1st class people will not be allowed to succeed.
Just stay out of the laboratory
Operations (Current Employee) –  West SideDecember 13, 2012
I used to work in the lab and now I work in operations. The laboratory has some nasty people that make life miserable. So find a job in operations or maintenance and you'll like the position.
Pros
neorsd has a mobster monopoly on cleveland, so the budget is unlimited, which means job security
Cons
the drama from the laboratory seeps into all aspects of the sewer district.
Don't work at NEORSD unless you're Union
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2012
There is an anti labor movement at NEORSD and the agression is taken out against the non-union employees. There is no overtime pay for non-union employees and NEORSD takes their days off. We work 7 days a week and we are not compensated.
It's a tough job market out there and the management is taking full advantage of it.
Pros
compensation if you're union
Cons
no overtime pay and you will be working 7 days per week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight