NORTHEAST SECURITY Employee Reviews

Unfair management
Evening Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2019
I work with a manager who enjoys throwing his weight around just because he can, not because it's the right thing or smart thing to do. He doesn't like being proven wrong and will talk down to you when he's annoyed. Very unprofessional
Boring
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Not the best experience with the management team. Weren't very friendly and not very understanding with their employees. Stressful for a slow paced and quiet building
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management team
great company to work for.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2018
great company to work for. i work at the northeastern site and enjoy my job.the students are great and most of my coworkers are very great to work for.
Great first step into the criminal justice field
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2018
I have been working for this company for almost half a year and it can be very informative. This company allows you to see first hand what the criminal justice world is all about
Great Job
Full Time Overnight Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 7, 2018
So far in my time with NorthEast I love working with Northeast. There are tons of opportunities for extra shifts. Job security is nice and there is a good sense of togetherness.
super
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 23, 2018
agency with a long-term focus and commitment to working to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities. We are continuously re-designing our programs to ensure that we are offering the most innovative options to help our clients achieve increased independence and stability in their lives while also ensuring they are setting and meeting their personal goals.
Productive fun safe workplace
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
I’ve been working at This specific site for about a year and a half I really like my job and the people that I work around it’s a nice fun and productive right place it’s just time to expand my horizons with a more secure job for me and my family
High stress position
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
Managers in the Security industry are often highly stressed, under-appreciated, and underpaid. As we struggle to find our footing in the whole, Security professionals are left with uncertainty until the world takes us seriously. This is not a Judgment on Northeas Security, but the entire industry as a whole. We are often left as a scapegoat for most of our clients, who set unrealistic expectations, with minimal training or billing, and expect results. Clients need to take security serious and with that comes a high financial cost. Security companies will always be left with the short stick until this changes.
Excellent opportunities for advacement
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2018
Good training. Willing to work with you if you need flexible hours. Positive work environment. Excellent management. Overtime available if needed. A good place to work.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
Fexible scheduling can wear you out.
It is great working for a company that cares about their employees.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2018
It is great working for Northeast security. There are jobs where you can work hard, and not get noticed. With Northeast Security when they notice you move up.
I have learned more with this Northeast Security , than with any other company. I really enjoy working Northeast Security. In our team we have almost 50 percent of the work force that have been here 10 years or more, I am on my fourth.
The work culture is like family. We know, and understand each other. And we welcome new members when someone gets promoted, or goes to school, ect.
I enjoy that everyday is different when I come to work.
Pros
Great company. Great chance for advancement. Overtime
Cons
no parking
Company need improvement!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Downtown Crossing, MAAugust 12, 2018
Very unprofessional.
Suck pay.
Does not care about their employee.
Very rude main office assistant.
Lack professionalism.
Lack of growth with the company.
Does not care about their employees.
N/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2018
was okay. money was good when it comes to overtime. you learn quickly. get to learn new things about yourself and work ethic. would recommend being in a place where comfortable.
Not worth the hassle
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJuly 24, 2018
The Account Manager will treat you poorly.
They supposedly say that they're on their employees side but they aren't.
Also, if you do a mistake, it will go automatically into a final warning instead of a verbal or a written.
A good job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 12, 2018
The job was good at the time, I personally didn't like the location. I was a red cap, someone who worked in a bus/train terminal and would transport luggage from point A to B. The tips were good.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Slow paced
It's a job, don't over expect.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company very much in the beginning but that is all site specific also. As you move up you huger for more money to achieve what you want in life (House, car, stability). You can achieve greatness if you stay on the hourly path. Assistant managers can make more than managers if you work extra hours and have the resources.
Pros
Hourly overtime availability
Cons
only being able to work 24 to hours when your willing and able to work more.
patrol
Overnight Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2018
patrol was fair and the access points where clearly placed. the building I worked at the worker where nice and friendly and understood our rolls in there security and didn't complain if we asked them questions.
The work was fun but the work environment was toxic
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Wiscasset, MEJune 2, 2018
You had to sign away your right to a break as you couldn't leave central station until the end of your shift. You were expected to work no mater what. This caused issues since people would quit after 1 day. This made it so there was no back up and the supervisor when I left couldn't do the job so they were no help. The manager had me sit in on the laying off of a co-worker because we had a personal relationship. The work itself was fun to do, but I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no management skills
Chill place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2018
Nice tenants and staff make working here enjoyable. Sometimes it can be quick paced but It usually calmed down after 6-7 around Boston. Evening shifts are a breeze.
Good Manager but other employees lack a collaborative/team based attitude
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2018
At my sight we've encountered some employees who bully others. I find, at any job that's discomforting but especially in public safety teamwork and respect for others is essential. The site manager is kind, however. I imagine each site has it's own culture so I would still say it's an okay place to work to gain experience but you may not live comfortably by making a career out of it!
Pros
Some decent people
Cons
Some people lack basic respect for others
Northeast Security Inc.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dudley, MAMay 25, 2018
Northeast Security Inc. entry level officer/ supervisor is a Job. It is not a career.
As a site security officer, you must follow site policies and procedures at all times.
Communicate professionally with your superiors and outside organizations or local community members.

converse with the public in a professional manner to complete your job tasks and duties depending on a site by site status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NORTHEAST SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.