Northeast Valley Health Corporation Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 17, 2019
Benefits are great but management is not good. They add more work each day to their nursing staff. They don't appreciate their staff. Management needs training on how to treat their employees.
A real pleasure to be a part of a great team
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2019
Nevhc is a great corporation they stand for the mission and are a teal patient advocate the providers and staff go above and beyond for the well being of the patient
fast paced and multi tasking required
Registration Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Pacoima, CAFebruary 3, 2019
management can be better in some areas. communication needs to improve greatly within the clinics themselves.
-certain days are longer than others
-on a typical day we will see over 100 patients in the front desk. from registering for their appointments to answering any questions they may have. we also have been trained in basic knowledge of insurances so we can help provide assistance to the patients who need help.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
management
Able to learn
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CADecember 26, 2018
A typical day at work was always very busy with making appointments for a lot of patients, making it fun and challenging to learn something new everyday. Surrounded by a calm work environment with good communication with staff and supervisor.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays Off
Cons
Lack of communication
Psychosocial Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 18, 2018
Loved my job I enjoyed caring for patients. I loved the large case load and knowing I was making a differance with the HIV/ AIDS population. Having support groups was great.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay
Great company
Information and Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, CAAugust 14, 2018
Great place to work.I continue to improve my skills in Public Speaking, Research Analysis, Advocacy, Community Organizing, Designing and Leading groups, Event Planning, Writing and Editing, Computer training, Statistics background, and Consulting. My previous full-time job with a non-profit organization in San Fernando, CA called Northeast Valley Health Corporation. I volunteered and worked as an administrative assistant, as well as an information and referral clerk where my Spanish reached its fluency after years of practice. I also spend part-time as a photographer/videographer which has provided me with work at weddings, running the Humans of Korbel Facebook page, and help with student-led campaigns such as the DU Allyship Summit of 2018. The experience that these positions have provided me with, are the tools to thrive in a multicultural setting with colleagues and patients alike, helping them in any way I can.
A company that will provide opportunities for a career.
Clinic Supervisor II-WIC Program (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAJuly 19, 2018
Provided many training sessions to improve performance and job skills. Provided excellent benefits to their employees. Promotions offered competitively to all qualified employees.
Stressful with a hint of fun
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CA 91352July 12, 2018
It was a daily routine, showed up to work in the mornings, opened the doors and a flood of patients would come storming in. Requesting appointments that were not available, however the staff always doing their best to accommodate each and every person. Under new management when I was there and she was great, very helpful and always wanted to make everyone happy. This place is a family practice office so the hardest thing about the job is trying to focus while the kids are running around screaming and crying, while the parents are just sitting around doing nothing. I think the most enjoyable thing about this facility was the staff, who was always friendly and were a family amongst each other.
Helping people
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJune 28, 2018
As a secretary I worked with the staff, the administrators and the public as patients in a clinic. I learned a lot. Specially that I liked helping people. Registering patients for their appointments or guiding them to apply for programs. The staff was helpful, friendly and willing to teach me.
Pros
The community
Cons
I wasn't ready
Quick pase work environment
Medical Assistant - Back Office (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAJune 4, 2018
During my time at NEVHC I had a good experience. This job allowed me to grow and gain a lot of experience as a medical assistant. Very friendly staff and a lot of team work.
Nice workplace culture, but pay not competitive
RN Coordinator Northeast (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at NEVHC and was able to combine my managerial and organizational skills well as a nurse supervisor. However, the company relied a great deal on government funding and was unable to compete with hospital pay rates for RN's.
Great organization
Associate Administrator (full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAApril 16, 2018
Executive leadership is committed in serving the underserved. They have 20+ years experience. They are well known. They strive for high quality of services.
Pros
mission driven
Cons
lack of resources
good
Registration Clerk I (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAApril 14, 2018
really nice people and good atmosphere. fast paced envirnment keeps you on your feet. good pay and really good benefits, just can be difficult when it comes to clientel but its worth it
benefits
Good benefits
Consumer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 6, 2018
It’s a great job hours are amazing but no chance for advancement . I applied at many different positions and never received a call back. I’m trying to find something new.
It is a very important corporation that helps patient to be in good health
Consumer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAMarch 26, 2018
Very nice environment. Helping patients was a very nice thing to do.
Working with friends and helping each other on every day duties was a very rewarding job to do.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAMarch 10, 2018
The overall mission value and statement of the company is great to live by. However, management at the clinic level do not pursue the company values. I believe they lack both education and experience in leading a team up to the standards of what the company is trying to achieve.
Pros
Paid holidays and no work on Sundays.
Cons
management needs improvement on all levels.
good place to start your career
Registration Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 2, 2018
But not to stay until retirement. The company is good but does not do a very good job at hiring right. A lot of co-workers in registration and medical records did not know any medical terminology, nor did they communicate clearly and professionally in English. The clinic I am in needs major improvements to give the patients and employees the dignity they deserve.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of a real professional atmosphere, at clinic I am in. Not in all of them.
Fyi
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJuly 24, 2017
Be ready to give your all, if you are looking for a place to shine. The medical field is a very competitive one these days, and you must be on top of your game, if you wish to remain among the fittest and cutting edge performers.
Great place to do an Internship
Public Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 28, 2017
NEVHC is a great internship site. I worked as an intern with all public health departments and helped with their projects. I highly recommend interning at NEVHC.
Great Corporation to work for.
Asthma Coordinator (Pediatrics) (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMay 22, 2017
lots of clinic and positions to work. always making sure your inform. always giving you ways to be better and better. Coworkers very helpful if i need any help there always there with you for help.