Northeastern Health System Employee Reviews

Great Environment
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 15, 2018
They were very supportative of me when I was going through cancer. They allowed me arrange my schedule to fit my treatments. They are very patient oriented.
Professional Workplace with Coordination Difficulties
Lab Courier (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 24, 2018
In four years of employment, no solution was ever found for daily inter-departmental coordination problems at the management level.
Workplace was professional in conduct and communication, and co-workers focused on cooperation to accomplish tasks.
Pros
I was treated fairly by management at all levels.
Cons
Overtime resulted daily due to inter-departmental coordination issues.
Ok place to work
CST (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 5, 2018
Very demanding job, not for someone trying to balance home life and work life. good people to work with. it has a good environment to work in also. a lot of knowledgeable people work there. good doctors
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sallisaw, OK 74955April 16, 2018
Immediate supervisor was excellent to work for. Administration needs improvement. Working hours were good. Insurance was a little on the high side but overall acceptable.
Cons
Layoffs
Physicians complained and got stressed way to much
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMarch 23, 2018
Moved around from one position to other or different locations. Physicians complained and stressed over small stuff, talked about customers. Loved the job and group I worked with.
Pros
Discounts on meals and gift shop
Cons
Physicians and moving from one place to another
Take your hard earned degree somewhere else.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 20, 2017
I would highly recommend not working at this facility. It was the most toxic, unhappy, dysfunctional place I've ever worked.

Not the ideal place for an entry level employee because of the lack of training and support from management.
The home office has all the perks, with a starbucks!
Hospital Biller (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKOctober 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the many friends I have made while working here. I appreciate each of the many people that have come into contact with since starting. The hardest part is going to be my last day.
Pros
On site Starbucks
Cons
Can't take the managers word.
Excellent place to work. The people are amazing.
Director Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKSeptember 11, 2017
Visionary CEO. Exciting to work for a system that cares about patients and employees. Training, advancement and other opportunities are available. Beautiful college town location with lots of community activities.
Good doctors and nurses
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 14, 2017
Too many clicks that get preferred cases . People who work expected to work while slackers don't because they don't want to deal with them . They let too many people run the board and it causes confusion
Pros
Shift
Cons
No break
Fun but busy
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 18, 2017
A fun place to work at. You see and learn about all types of problems, diseases, and ways they are treated. But, it also requires a lot of paperwork and log upkeep.
Local facility
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKMay 1, 2017
Great place to work with ample opportunities to excel. Very understanding and listens well to any concerns and acts fast to make needed changes to policy.
Productive and fun work place
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 21, 2017
Great place to work for college students. Managers work well with scheduling around class schedule. Great work environment and employees. Fast paced and good food.
Productive environment with great benifiets
LC/MS Operator (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKAugust 4, 2016
The best job I have had so far. I've been able to learn a great deal and make great friends. They are amazing at working around your schedule and helping with continuing your education.
Pros
great people, nice facilities
Depends on the Supervisor
Health Info Mgmt. Tech II (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 3, 2016
The quality of the work environment depends greatly on the supervisor of the department you are working in. The supervisor I recently worked under focused on how the numbers made her look much more than the environment that the employees worked in. The previous supervisor in the same department was focused on quality of work and funtionality of the office.
Very helpful trainees, loving staff, caring directors
Title - LPN (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 21, 2016
each day was something new and learned SO much throughout my experience. Directors were always there and if needed elsewhere, they weere a phone call away. Cared about each employee and wanted the best for them and their patients. The co-workers made me the nurse i am today. they were very detail oriented, early to shift and on time with medicine administration. the hardest part of the job were the hours (7am-7pm) while being pregnant my entire employment. i enjoyed the atmosphere, my coworkers, my managers, and my patients!
Pros
very organized
Cons
rate pay per hour
Good Place to Work
Hospital Registration/Financial Counseling (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKAugust 22, 2015
I have had a good experience working here. My manager goes above and beyond to accommodate your preferred schedule, and is very flexible when it comes to time off, covering other shifts, and working to improve your skill set.

My main complaint with this employer is that the pay isn't very good. They do not provide income incentives for degree holders, which is disappointing. I don't feel that my education is being used to its fullest potential here.
Pros
Discounted meals, lots of available work hours, flexible shift work
Cons
Heavily bureaucratic, low pay, little room for real advancement, some of the job tasks are repetitive
Respectable hospital to work
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJune 23, 2015
Working at this hospital was very fulfilling in my opinion. My bosses were decent, my co-workers were very friendly and it was a place I was proud to work at.
Pros
Friendly people and excellent work culture
Cons
Short breaks and overbearing bosses