Northeastern University Employee Reviews

Fun to Work
Teaching Assistant (Computer Systems) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2019
Relaxed and pleasant environment to work at!
Teaching assistants generally hold office hours for students who need help. Other than that the major work is too do grading
Super-educative with exposure to effective communication.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2019
•Grading the projects, homework assignments submitted by the students
•Conducting MS Project lab sessions explaining different aspects of the application
•Conducting Q&A sessions for students with doubt in course or homework assignments
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2019
This is a very good school
The location at Boston is terrific
People are nice
Staff are easy going
I spend a lot of time doing research here
I work as a research assistant
ATS service and support
Technology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2019
• Accountable for managing and implementing HTML5, CSS3 code into CMS system for Mathematics department website and personal server
• Researching, documenting and developing keywords for SEO purposes to maintain top search engine ranking
• Establishing criteria and strategy to grow website’s presence online using Google Analytics
Great Educational Opportunities
Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2019
Working at Northeastern University allows you to advance your professional development.
They offer great benefits such as gym memberships, discounts at various stores, museums and tuition free classes.

One of the hardest part about the job can sometimes be not having the freedom to make executive decisions or take initiatives without push back.

I love that the university participates in various types of community engagements.
Great School
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Great school, it is the absolute right choice for me, it has opened the door to so many opportunities and I do not know where I would be without it. Go NU!
Good for graduate school
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Received my PhD at Northeastern University. It was challenging, but I made lots of good connections there. There was a lot of opportunity to learn new skills
Wear lots of hats
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Working at Northeastern University forced me to build many more skills than I anticipated. Work was busy, fast, and furious most of the time. The best part of the job was the tuition reimbursement. I was able to get my Master's for free while working there.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management
Working at Northeastern University ITS Dpt
Information Technology Services - Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2019
The information System Technology Service Department at NEU is a place to thrive in all manner. The manager make sure that we learn and develop ourselves as we provide good customer service and tech support to our students. It is definitely, a fun environment to work in which insist on performance and delivery of quality services.
Pros
Training
Cons
Competitive
Good educational institution to work for
Information Services Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2019
Technical support/data entry/computer help-line operator. Computer hardware/software installation. This was a good employer to work for while I was employed there.
ugh
Event Programmer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
i was a college employee. it was fun, loved my boss. great work. lots of down time to do homework in between. got to work with some great venues and bands.
Good school, though the stipend for PhD students is low
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2018
Northeastern is a good school but gives a really low salary to the PhD students. I really enjoyed research, although its was really challenging. The hardest part was dealing with my adviser who gave me a really hard time in different aspects.
Manager of Administration & Special Projects (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2018
Generous time off and great people to work with. We get 7 days holiday break and every holiday off. We also get a decent pay check compared to other universities.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2018
Productive and fun to work. The student and the workers make it a great place to work. The student are from all over the world and the United state. They make the university.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Micro managers
Not Applicable
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2018
As I was a research assistant at Northeastern University for the Marketing department, I don't think I am in the right position to answer this question. But I had an amazing time working with the Marketing department and I learned a lot during my tenure.
Amazing
Graduate Research Assistant (Data Science) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2018
It has been an amazing experience. Every thing i do is valued and I get to work on real projects or discussions with professors and students. Gave me a good exposure.
Challenging yet a lot to learn
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2018
- Flexible working
- Great interaction with students
- Learning opportunity
- Working with the professor to improve the course structure
- Flexible timings
Good place to work while learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2018
A typical day will be to attend the class of students, grade their assignments and clarify their doubts. Good and very diverse workplace culture. Management is helpful throughout the career.
Pros
Earn while you learn
stuffy office environment
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
The office culture was quite stuffy. Everyone mostly just came in and sat at their desks then left immediately. Sometimes I was asked to do menial tasks that were outside of my job scope by people in the department which was unacceptable.
Cons
stuffy office, supervisors thinking they can make you do whatever they want
Productive and useful
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
It was a great experience to have. Everyone was very helpful and were always there to clear things up or explain. Northeastern is a great place to learn and work.