Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

service workers not paid well
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTApril 3, 2019
Worked in environmental services. It's hard, physical work and doesn't pay livable wage even if you work nights and weekends. Not a healthy work environment, lots of backstabbing in many departments. Can't trust your coworkers. Managers and administration don't do anything about it and then promote the backstabbers while good people end up leaving.
Pros
pretty good benefits
Cons
low pay, can't trust coworkers
laundry room supervisor is horrible
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  st Johnsbury vtMarch 7, 2019
I loved the hospital itself. The work in the laundry room isn't hard, there is a lot to remember. the supervisor is very busy and condescending when she speaks to you...I went home in tears everyday

When I went to the department manager he didn't seem to want to do anything about it.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
poor management near close to a hostel work environment
bad management, low RN wages
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTJanuary 31, 2019
Other hospitals within an hour of here pay much better and offer better training, learning, opportunity for advancement. Management is not good and many play favorites with staff. Older nurses can be bullies and feel threatened by newer nurses. Lots of babysitting dangerous mental health patients who do not get proper care.
A great place to work!
Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VT 05819August 21, 2018
A typical day of work is going through the quick pace enviornment, i started off in the ER and worked there for a few years now i work in one of the side buildings and i couldnt be happier
Pros
Benefits, great people
Cons
A lot of work, mentally and physically.
Like the family you never had!
Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTJuly 7, 2018
The staff are all amazing. I've worked here for 4 years and I still love coming in everyday. Management is kind and supportive. Not afraid to get their hands dirty. The staff works together for the common goal of patient care and safety.
Wonderful place to work
Phlebotomist-Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTNovember 2, 2017
I had the best management here and if I had not relocated, I would have never left this fabulous job. I was very happy here. I was quickly promoted as I started out as a janitor and became a lab technician very quickly.
nice hospital
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTJuly 11, 2017
everything is okay, very nice and clean hospital and good people. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing babies being born and lives being saved in all aspects.
Very good working environment
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMarch 29, 2017
There is a very good team work environment. The working staff are all very friendly and cheerful. The management of personnel is handled very well. Compensation is very good.
Pros
Appropriate lunch breaks and other breaks.
Treat you like family
PC Technician/ Document Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTJuly 19, 2016
Great workplace and environment. Everyone is friendly and accommodating to your needs. In my current role, we get a lot of customer interaction that can be pleasant or at times not, but we just keep making our customers happy as fast as we can.
Cons
Low grade of pay
since it was on call it was hard
Patient Observer (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTJanuary 3, 2016
work was worth while, you did not know from day to day what you would be dealing with. Staff was somewhat helpful depending on shift
Pros
medical experience
Cons
on call
Laid back wellness center
Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTOctober 2, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with at this facility. They were laid back and professional. The management worked hard to do as much as they could.
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
Slow seasons
Fantastic IT dept in a small hospital with opportunities for advanced learning
Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst- Meditech (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTApril 25, 2014
Loved this job, but my family moved to another state. Worked with Meditech EHR/EMR as an analyst builder for all clinical applications. Involved in system design, build, support, optimization, upgrades and end user training.
Pros
cohesive and highly advanced IT dept
Cons
working in this type of environment, allows me to be challenged that I need.
Patient Observer (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMarch 1, 2014
Working in a hospital setting allows me to use different skills and brush up on the skills that I have learned through out life. Like any place there are some good co-workers and some not so good co-workers.
Co-Workers
Multi Modality Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTFebruary 4, 2013
Co-workers are very helpful and caring. This is a small hospital where most people know you name and treat you like a person and not just another employee.
Pros
great work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital Reviews by Location