Northern Arizona Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible management, culture of fear
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 6, 2018
NAH has been an example of dysfunctional change in healthcare. As an employee of over 13 years, the change that occurred in this time reflected a profit driven, lack of care for the staff, community and 401c3b exemption. Almost all directors were fired abruptly in my tenure there. Senior staff and Per diem were seemingly hated for their salary, experience and leadership. While new grads, less qualified and Yes people were promoted. Sorry to experience this change from a wonderful community oriented organization, to the modern heartless, money driven, arrogant, monopolistic vampire on the staff and community it has become.
Pros
Relatively low patient/ RN ratio
Cons
You name it
Great in-house counsel position
Associate General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 30, 2018
Exciting atmosphere with various positive challenges. Work directly with CEOs and Board members. Work with and oversee outstanding outside counsel services.
working at NAH
CHIEF NURSING INFORMATICS OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 24, 2018
I have worked here for over 4 years and I am extremely happy with what I do and who I work with. The IT team is amazing. The organization could benefit from adding more management or leadership classes for those who are new to their role.
If your looking for a great job that takes car of you Nah is where it’s at !
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 20, 2018
Honestly never felt appreciated about my whole rkntill I started working there , it’s a positive environment filled with endless opportunities :). Nah rocks!!!
Worked closely with the manager only. She was great to work with
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND CODING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 3, 2018
I was a consultant for Northern Arizona providing my feedback on old AR using the Athenanet Billing software I only worked with the manager. After my review of accounts I provided information on what the denials/kick reasons were and how to fix them for resubmission.
Changing culture and good benefits
Director, Financial Planning (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 22, 2018
NAH is going through a cultural change at its facilities. While "One NAH" is a slogan, it is not practiced on a daily basis. There are different cultures at each of the facilities, with the facility in Flagstaff being the dominant, but not necessarily the best, culture. Very good benefits. Also, Flagstaff housing is limited, and expensive.
Pros
Benefites
Cons
Different cultures at its different facilities
Management, benefits
Department Secretary: Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 10, 2018
Really good place to work. They provide an excellent benefit package with sick leave and vacation. Awesome benefits package, room for advancement, tuition reumbursement.
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
Cut throat, stressul
Horrible management and unhappy workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZDecember 17, 2017
Rates as one of the worst jobs I have ever had. Unhappy employees who are scared to say anything about the horrible work flow because they are scared to get fired and jobs are scarce with benefits in this area. Lack of proper training and communication non -existent. Clique , back -stabbing, co workers and management. Too much work and not enough staff but you get in trouble when you can't complete it or try to do it the correct way, even with no direction or support. Harassing work environment which is supported by management. Run as fast as you can to a different job with better people. I am on my way the minute I find one. The ones that teamwork and really care about patients are run over.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Stressful place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients at NAHC. I enjoyed the challenges of working with clients with acute and multiple chronic medical conditions. The hardest part of the job was using an EMR that was difficult to navigate. Though my workday was 8-5, I would often be in the office charting on patients and taking care of other patient needs until 7 pm, sometimes later. I was paid for 40 hours a week despite putting in more than that per week.
Pros
Patients that were happy with the services I provided
Cons
Stressful office with poor management
Bottom (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 9, 2017
Northern Arizona health Care is a good place to work. If they can get energy and the other one was there for the next few days so that's good news about.
Good training but compensation problematic
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZOctober 20, 2017
NAH provides excellent training but allocates bonuses haphazardly. Retention bonuses are nonexistent and new staff are inexplicably gifted with immense bonuses.
Pros
Training
Cons
Compensation
The day in the life of an exceptional employee
Neurodiagnostic Technologist REEGT (Former Employee) –  Verde Valley Medical Center, CottonwoodOctober 10, 2017
-Ended out of retaliation and game playing. Was hired under total false pretenses just to get me up here, they were so desperate for my services and then once hired, the games began two-faced staff, cliche' department with staff that treats you unfairly, if they don't like you. The whole 6 months I was there, was a total joke, said this, said that and nothing was ever done that was said.. Tallking behind your back, ignoring you, and only speaking to you if they wanted something done.. If you didn't fit in to "Their" Standards and way of business, they made life horrible for you. On call was a joke and yet because I was the new one on the block, I got most call weekends. Untrustworthy staff all the way around, one main person was put up on a pedistal and given all sorts of responsibility, while the other tech, got slammed and overworked and with outrageous call times.. When a meeting was put together to share information, it backfired and I was retaliated against and set up.. DO NOT waste your time with this company, too much Drama and Negative vibes. They left me stranded.
Pros
Many good employees there and many were hard working and team players.
Cons
too many to list... Don't apply here !
Great job
Adminstrative Assistant to Legal (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 3, 2017
I loved this job. I was treated fairly and respectfully and enjoyed being apart of this organization. It was an intense job, but I was encouraged and felt comfortable that if I worked hard I would be respected and I was.

All the people in the department worked hard together.
Stressful, especially since you don't know if you are going to continue to have your position
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 10, 2017
Not a good place to work. Treatment of employees is very poor yet bad behavior by managers/directors is tolerated consistently. Employees keep their jobs even when unhappy because these are small communities and there are very few well paying jobs available. I knew of so many fellow employees that were consistently looking for another job in the area because they were unhappy.
Pros
Great co-workers. Benefits were good for the area.
Cons
Horrible management. Lots of unhappy employees who just play the game.
Discrimination and retaliation
CCMA Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Management on their Facebook or Snapchat ALL DAY, while we were always short handed, so we are running around the office and working hard while the mangers all sat in their offices on their phone's. And lot's of discrimination to their employees. Horrible place to work, it was a nightmare!!!!!!
Always looking to improve for patient satisfaction.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 3, 2017
Great Healthcare system to be a part of, employees and management are great. Growth in this organization is constant and continuously recruiting excellent physicians and staff.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
High tolerance required for a few outpatients who visit regularly.
Great place to work. Many different jobs here
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 19, 2017
Love working here. The people I work with on the most part are great and dependable. The benefits and pay are above standard for the area. There is a canteen on grounds so you can grab lunch or a snack.
benefits
Cons
typical at any workplace
Very stressful environment with constant fluctuation in management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 3, 2017
Very stressful environment with constant fluctuation in management. Expected everyone to work harder with fewer resources. Lack of training and policies and procedures.
A fast paced and professional environment.
Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 29, 2017
A typical day is encountering people from all walks of life who are in need of information and kindness. My immediate managers have been extremely supportive. The workplace culture is to present a professional atmosphere. The most difficult part of the job is when you cannot help a patient as much as you can, because of insurance or doctor order restrictions. It very often (multiple times daily) requires extra attention to get the patient the help they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you hear a "thank you" along with a smile from someone one you just finished helping.
Pros
big company
Cons
big company
Wonderful working environment. Best colleagues with imeasurable talents.
Library Associate (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Northern Arizona Healthcare Verde Valley Medical Center. It was a place I felt safe and able to expand my skill set. Made many lasting friendships with employees and patients alike.
Pros
The people
Cons
Not a big producer like it's parent location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Arizona Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight