Northern Arizona Healthcare Employee Review

View all Northern Arizona Healthcare reviews

Beware the spectre of the lone MA who started with the practice.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 29, 2013
The physicians of HVCNA are top-notch and willing to educate their MAs, recognizing a more educated assistant is an asset to the practice overall. However, beware the spirit of the lone MA who started with the practice and has since left. When I was hired as a new MA graduate my training was not equal to that received by a similarly-hired coworker; I felt at a constant disadvantage despite repeated requests/opportunities sought to bring myself "up to speed." This specialist practice is data-driven, you must be at the "top of your game" every day to be successful.

Changes in daily management before I left the practice held the promise of positive changes amongst staffing practices and in creating a more unified atmosphere between clinical and administrative staff. The hardest part of the job was the feeling of opposing camps amongst staff - supervisors verses junior staff, clinical verses administrative, and further division amongst clinical staff.
Pros
excellent benefits package as an employee of nah
Cons
inadequate training provided by direct supervisor

Other Northern Arizona Healthcare Employee Reviews

Worked closely with the manager only. She was great to work with
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND CODING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 3, 2018
I was a consultant for Northern Arizona providing my feedback on old AR using the Athenanet Billing software I only worked with the manager. After my review of accounts I provided information on what the denials/kick reasons were and how to fix them for resubmission.
Changing culture and good benefits
Director, Financial Planning (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 22, 2018
NAH is going through a cultural change at its facilities. While "One NAH" is a slogan, it is not practiced on a daily basis. There are different cultures at each of the facilities, with the facility in Flagstaff being the dominant, but not necessarily the best, culture. Very good benefits. Also, Flagstaff housing is limited, and expensive.
Pros
Benefites
Cons
Different cultures at its different facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Arizona Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Northern Arizona Healthcare Reviews by Location