Northern Contours Inc Employee Reviews

Favoritism
Gluer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 15, 2019
Worked there for a year. Ran by a racist, the turn over there is insane due to management. Especially on first shift, that lady is horrible. They get away with so much wrong doing. Not the place to work if you're looking to grow
Fast paced and stresfull
Gluer (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJune 22, 2019
Northern countours is a good factory with good people but i dont like my job there as a gluer and getting paid biweekly is getting to hard to manage and pay my bills
Don't do it
Gluer Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2019
Worst job ever!!! Don't waste your time. It's ran by racist people that are so stupid, I worked there almost a year. A year that I can't get back I'm glad it's over
Great Crew
Sanding, Finisher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 8, 2019
Fast paced, Challenging, new wave style of cabinetry
and production from what I was use to in the past.

They are pretty advanced in the technology of manufacturing
cabinet doors. New age computer technology cutting the doors
by size and style.

Yes, you will get dusty and you will hustle to get the job complete.
Pros
Supply water and Gatorade for hot days
Cons
N/a
great plkace to work
Safety coordinater (Current Employee) –  Vanceburg, KYMarch 31, 2019
when I was called to work there I thought it was a indoor sawmill
we made doors for the cabinet industries and would be still working there if it hadn't closed the doors
productive
Packaging Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 12, 2019
Efficient workplace and friendly environment. Very fast paced job and productive. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone who's looking for a growing experience.
Good Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 12, 2019
Working here is enjoyable most days, There are some weeks where overtime is mandatory and earlier shifts/late shifts are required, But over all working here is a great opportunity to learn new things and move up in the company. There is a great culture for safety. If you do not know something you can ask and you will get an answer.
Fast-paced, Organized and friendly work environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 23, 2019
I worked at Norther Contours for 6.5 years at their Mesa, AZ plant. I was able to see a lot of the growth and struggles of the plant as it grew. The Management team always tries to do their best to be fair with all employees. It is a production environment so it is fast-paced, driven by reaching daily shipping goals which have always been realistic. They have a strong quality department that audits all the work and company believes is quality before quantity. They believe in promoting from with-in and provide advancement opportunities. Opportunities do not depend on seniority, but the best employee for the job. They have a great safety department that does weekly and monthly training. Every company has things they need to work on but overall I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a steady job with competitive pay.
Pros
Good benefits, Paid time off plus paid holidays, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Face-paced (not for everyone), sometimes long work days (10 hours)
Great Employees and Work Environment
Router Hand, Wood (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYJanuary 25, 2019
Northern Contours was a Good Job. You make decent money. Employees and Management are friendly and helpful. There is alot of dust being that your working with wood.
Pros
Friendly CoWorkers
Cons
Dust and Allergens
Good Teamwork & Culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNSeptember 26, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for Northern Contours on the Human Resources team. The team works together extremely well and I take a lot of pride in helping our employees every day. No day is the same as the day before. It's great to get along this well with my coworkers and to truly feel part of a team with a mutual purpose.
Pros
Teamwork, Benefits, Compensation, Culture, Fun Misc. Perks
Work to Life Balance
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2018
I started off at Northern Contours through a temp agency. Immediately I began working 9-10 hour shifts. I have been working since I was 15 years old and typically the overtime does not bother me. However, I felt like no matter how hard I worked or how much of my time and energy I put into my work, it was just never enough. They began asking me to work Saturdays. We already worked 9-10 hour days, Monday through Friday. If you have children and want to see them at all, well then this is definitely not the company for you. I am very dissatisfied with the management there as well. Unprofessional, angry, and unpleasant to talk to, work for, or be around. I hope that they make some changes there, mostly for the sake of their employees.
Can be stressful depending on the department your in
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYAugust 1, 2018
Beside the poor management i cant really say nothing else about the place. I just wish the dust collection system is better because in that router room its just dusty and the dust can give you cancer so with no proper respirators that employees can stand to wear its hard to want to work in that room.
very productive
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYJune 23, 2018
doing your job correctly and to be business like very professional always on time , I always try to schedule time off befor I miss any work. I try to get along with all my coworkers.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNApril 17, 2018
I highly recommend Northern Contours for employment. Great people, great pay and a very competitive benefits package. I especially appreciated the Human Resources department going above and beyond to help the employees when needed.
Needs new leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNApril 8, 2018
Pay and Benefits were great.

Working in the offices could be brutal at times, lots of back stabbing, especially by the CEO and VP of HR. The CEO likes to blame, by name, past employees at the annual company review presentations. And, if you weren't a "favorite" of management or corporate, you were treated poorly.

The company as a whole needs a new CEO to bring fresh ideas to the table.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management, local and corporate.
Great people and cultured workplace.
UPS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 13, 2018
I typical day at Northern Contours was fast paced and physical. There were three different workstations that product had to be consolidated for multiple shipping destinations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
low pay
Na
Production Manager / Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNFebruary 22, 2018
I started out as a team leader at Northern Contours and was promoted several times through my career up to the responsibilities of being the Plant Manager and was
responsible for the day to day operations of the Fergus Falls Ridgid Thermofoil Plant for the past 3 years.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Typical Manufacturing job, but terrible management
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2018
Job was fine. Room to learn new things, but do not schedule anything after work or the weekend. Would be told at 2:28 pm that you would have to stay late (shift ends at 2:30) and it is mandatory so no excuses (doctor, pickup kids, etc). Friday afternoon the same, would be told at 2:20-2:29 that you would have to work Saturday. Even if you had plans to leave town and talked to the main supervisor it was mandatory and could be as bad as termination. Long story short, if you have a personal life, this isn't the company for you.
Bad place to work if you don't want to be told you arn't good enough or don't like horrible heat.
Trimmer/buffer (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNDecember 14, 2017
You are expected to go as fast as possible and have perfect parts. If you can't keep up you get in trouble; possibly fired. If you have too many parts that were noticeable bad you get in trouble. They constantly had problems keeping enough employees. Instead of trying to figure out how to fix such a problem they either fired middle management or told the workers they had mandatory overtime. If you were on 2nd shift you had to stay 1 - 3 hours for overtime. If you were on 1st shift you had to get up 1 - 3 hours earlier every day. Complaints are looked down upon and at the same time the like to claim they are the best possible company you could ever work for. There is no air conditioning unless you are in HR. The few fans that are there blow dirt around, blow away paperwork if it isn't weighed down, and don't do much to cool anyone off. The beginning pay is good, but they will do anything they can to give you little to no raises.
Pros
good health benefits, good starting pay, convenient location.
Cons
long hours, short staffed, extreme heat in the summer.
great place to work
Technical operator (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNNovember 27, 2017
I Liked the atmosphere. the members of the crew and management. Loved to be challenged on a daily bases. hardest part was leaving the company for a new adventure in my life.
Pros
lots
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Contours Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Northern Contours Inc Reviews by Location