Northern Kentucky University Employee Reviews

Underpaid and no support
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYAugust 19, 2019
This company pays way less than surrounding companies for the same job when looking at comparable wages in the area. There was limited advancement within my department. They are flexible to work for. For this position, you are stuck between two departments that don’t always agree. You have no back-up when gone. Management lacks training and doesn’t know your duties.
Generally a fun and laid back place to work
Senior Systems Analyst - College of Informatics (Current Employee) –  Science Center and Griffin HallJuly 9, 2019
A lot of good people, dedicated to their jobs and student success. It has to be fun to spend 20 years at a place by choice. I wouldn't be leaving if retirement didn't make more sense.
Great Education Experience
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJune 25, 2019
Worked with an incredibly team of people to help ensure that students food needs were met, that students resource needs were met and to best ensure student collegial success
Great work experience
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJune 24, 2019
worked while going to school. a day consisted of just a few hours in the lab. management is amazing, and so is the workplace culture. the hardest part of the job would be the research required for the labs.
Very welcoming for new, adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Social Work DepartmentJune 22, 2019
NKU's Social Work Department is strong. It is led by a group of dedicated professionals focused on the student experience. The full time professors have top credentials and are willing to share course materials with adjunct instructors. The pay is standard for the industry. Parking is a dream and very affordable for a part time instructor.
Fun workplace
Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJune 19, 2019
I love working here. The bosses were understanding and the employees were cool. I would recommend anyone who is in need of work or has a lot of free time.
On campus jobs are a crapshoot
ESPN 3 Production Crewman (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJune 10, 2019
I had an on campus job which I loved but I also had friends who worked in other places on campus and hated it. I recommend seeing if your department has anything you can do and go from there. I've hear the bookstore and the library suck to work at.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2019
nice.good management...good location... friendly staff..work-life balance is good... I enjoyed all my stay here...nice place to work. depends on departmenr
Pros
nice
Cons
nice
Convient, good hours
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJune 4, 2019
Overall was treated very well. Liked the hours and training. Had good benefits and the management worked well with the employees. Location was easily accessible and Supervisors were great people to work for.
Pros
Easy to get to. Flexible hours
Cons
Manditory overtime and very physical job.
Fun and relaxed workplace
PLUS Tutor (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYApril 1, 2019
I was a student worker at Northern Kentucky University in the Learning Plus Center. The atmosphere was relaxed and the people were very fun to work with.
Pros
The ability to work on homework while at work
Cons
The cap on maximum hours allowed to work
Fun workplace
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYMarch 31, 2019
Loved working at the call center. Can become monotonous getting told no, by the alumni when asking for donations, but the management always had fun activities or incentives to boost team morale, I just wish that the University would pay it's student workers more.
Pros
Easy-doing work environment
Cons
Low pay
They think they are equitable but they are not
Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYMarch 20, 2019
Depends on who you work for. Some departments treat their people well and reward them for the work that they do. Other departments give everybody promotions and pay increases. This is not a wide spread practice. Depends on who you know and how they feel about you whether you will get a promotion or raise. Not at all equitable - even though they think they are - they are not.
Pros
Lots of time off during Christmas holidays
Cons
No to very little pay increases. Job promotions and pay increases are not equitably managed.
Nku
President - National Pan-Hellenic Council (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYMarch 18, 2019
Northern Kentucky University is the College that I currently attend. I am a senior, double major in psychology and public relations. Since I have begun attending NKU, I have met nothing but good people and have gained great learning experience.
Pros
An education that will last a life time
Poor Management and Culture, Average Pay
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYFebruary 19, 2019
This was a wonderful place to work many years ago. Now, it is managed poorly. Administrators hire their friends and practice discrimination regularly. Administrators have little respect for faculty.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Terrible Management, Cronyism
Volunteer Asst./Goalkeeper Coach (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJanuary 30, 2019
Good institution that puts a good amount of focus on athletics. I was fortunate to work there for a short amount of time, and more fortunate to have been a student athlete there.
productive workplace and good place to learn lots of things
Inventory Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJanuary 11, 2019
It's a good place to work at and to learn. A good team are working together and happy all time. I have learned a lot from the Inventory Control Specialist.
good place to teach music
Music instructor (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJanuary 9, 2019
good place to teach music and connect with students, they have really nice facilities including practice rooms, recital halls, bathrooms and plenty of pianos.
very nice place to work as a student
Ready-Crew/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYDecember 27, 2018
Overall I think working for NKU University Housing as a student is a great experience with the benefit of many positions being that they offer you free housing.
Great People
Superintendent of Mechanical & Electrical Systems (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYDecember 19, 2018
A lot of time off
Great people to work with
Was given the opportunity to advance and was given the opportunity to take classes to make myself and my team successful.
Tutoring center is a great place.
Student PLUS Tutor (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYNovember 30, 2018
Supervisor is very helpful and the job is very fulfilling. I get appointment to tutor people. The hardest part is trying understand people's learning styes. Most enjoyable part is actually figuring it out.