Northern Light Health Employee Reviews

The best part of the job
Med Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJanuary 10, 2019
The best part of the job was interacting with the residents, They were funny and interesting. I never knew what they were going to say or do. If I felt a little sad or down someone would always get me laughing.
Pros
good insurance, good benefits in general
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Extremely inefficient company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEJanuary 4, 2019
Lack of communication and planning for system "upgrades", very little employee appreciation, no room for career growth, low pay for the area. Lots of disgruntled employees.
look elsewhere if you want a good wage
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 3, 2019
Unorganized and bad work culture. Very low pay compared to other facilities in the area. Decent technology to complete job tasks, but otherwise do not recommend it. Look elsewhere
Pros
good stock of supplies, fair assignments
Cons
poor management, low pay
I enjoyed working for this company
Staff Nurse 35 Bed Unit (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 1, 2019
This was a good start for my Home Health Company. The work load was just right. My clients were Great and I really enjoyed this job and would recommend doing it.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Cons
fun and exciting place to work
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 24, 2018
fast pace, but theres always something new to do. the people there a fun to work with and they are always willing to answer questions. All of the departments work together as a team. they see the patient as a person and not a diagnosis.
OK place to work.
Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MENovember 19, 2018
I agree with others. Many changes happening especially in the IS side that is causing much mistrust. They are putting in new computers, so upper mgmt has come to the conclusion they can do without approx half of their IS Staff so we were told. If they let go all contractors that will not equal the target number, so as I was told, Full Time people would be next. Some people have already left for greener pastures. I do not hold a grudge, wish them luck. The people I worked with were awesome.
Would not recommend
Business (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 14, 2018
So many changes happening there that no one knows if they are coming or going. Lots of mistrust and unhappiness. Its a company that lacks integrity and honesty. Very money driven and does not care about patient safety.
excellent
CRNFA- Cardiothoracic Surg (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 13, 2018
very positive. admission to Medical Board very smooth in transition. Very positive with Physicians and staff. I enjoyed the opportunity to have a varied shift to Plastics when the CVT dept was light due to caseload/Physician vacations, etc.
Pros
great Physicians. very welcoming, helpful in adjusting to site & city
Cons
situational
OK if you don't mind not having a voice
Admin (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 5, 2018
Upper management at the hospital is sorely out of touch with how the hospital is managed on a day to day basis from patient flow to ordering supplies, payroll to basic administration. Unit managers are wonderful and understand the struggles, but there is none of that from up top-everything comes down to dollars rather than patients. Compensation is okay, but there is not much room for growth.
OK for a resume
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2018
If you have worked there for 25 years or are a doctor, you will be offered the world. Otherwise, you truly have no voice, little room for advancement and would be better off finding someplace that treats you like you are a valued member of the staff.
Excellent place to work and grow
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 30, 2018
EMMC provided a safe, clean working environment. They provide areas to grow and to advance. They strive to be the most up-to-date facility, providing modern and excellent healthcare.
Pros
Beautiful new cafeteria, employee discounts
Cons
there is a great divide between management and those who work on the floor/unit
Enjoy my coworkers - more like a family
Medical Records/Practice Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 29, 2018
ringing phones, scanning notes, indexing, validating, forward to provider- loved the people. management like to be a friend more than a manager. hate to leave but I need more.
Pros
close to home
Cons
chaos, too much work, not enough staff, stressful
Busy place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 28, 2018
You will always be doing something! They are a great place to work for. You will work three 12 hours shifts a week and then have four days off which is nice.
Pros
three days a week
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, stressful environment
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 27, 2018
Working in the emergency room was stressful and fast paced, great place to learn more and develop new skills. The company has lots of different choices as far as staying in system.
decent but pay docent raise
Customer Tech Specialist Infrastructure Admin (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 25, 2018
pay is stagnant slow to increase . people were often hired in same roll making more because the wewre hired later. unfair pay for the work..
Tight knit work family
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR/MONITOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 24, 2018
I loved my work family. They made the job a lot more enjoyable. The upper positions were easy to approach and interacting with patients and their families are something that you hold on to for many years to come
Great place to grow
Credit & Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEOctober 23, 2018
EMHS is a very supportive work environment that allows a person to grow professionally. It is a place to start and retire your employment. I had many great managers who encouraged my growth.
Pros
flexible schedule, tuition reimbursement
Cons
self insured
Busy
Surgical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEOctober 10, 2018
Its a very busy and professional atmosphere, but I loved it! Some of the doctors are hard to get a long with but after building a rapport with them I enjoyed working with them.
I loved going to the cafeteria for lunch. I also enjoyed knowing that the security there was very strong and present.
I was allowed to work long days which allowed us to rotate Fridays off. The Medical Staff work closely together and for the most part was a cohesive team.
Pros
Flexible daily schedule
Cons
Some strong personalities with medical professionals
One of the best places I've worked
Inpatient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 25, 2018
I really liked the morale and the leadership in the Patient Access department. The rules were fair, everyone was treated equally. There was a great communication and many opportunities to cross train and be involved in continuing education.
Typical Healthcare Organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 18, 2018
Paid well for the rural area but still below national averages.
Resistant to change despite verbally accepting change
Employee engagement was not considered a priority