Northern Montana Hospital Employee Reviews

Good people dictator mgt
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJune 14, 2019
Isolated community. Management style is dictatatorial. Advancement is a political process. People are great. There is no advancement opportunity. No flexibility in work schedule
Not the best place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTAugust 17, 2018
Northern Montana Hospital was a great when just dealing with the residents. The residents were the best thing of working there. The pitfalls of working Norther Montana Hospital was dealing with the employees themselves. There was a lot of throat cutting and not a lot of team work and very little care was given to the employee's needs. The management didn't care to allow more people on staff so we were always short handed.
Fun place to work
Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJuly 6, 2018
Working with the people and the staff at Northern Montana Hospital was great. Everyone is so friendly. There were times when things would get stressful but other wise it is a great place to work !
nice environment people very nice
MLT (ASCP) Generalist (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTJune 18, 2018
'm really enjoying working here people is very nice, they never hesitate to help you. my department manager is very organized and understandable with her employees
Pros
benefits are not very good
Cons
small town
Good place to work in a small town
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJune 10, 2018
Decent place to work considering it a small town community. Benefit is good and working hours is also good. Snow is bad but you just have to live with it.
it has been some years since i have been there but i always loved work and my time there
Certfied Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havre, MT 59501August 14, 2017
Its a very nice community based hospital The services have grown and seems a lot of advancement for personal growth is there. They offer educational and safety. They were great about encouraging personal growth and advancement.
great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTApril 10, 2017
great people to work with, fun environment, great team work with opportunity to float and cross train to other departments to grow your nursing skills and knowledge
Feels Like Family
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Family Medical CenterMarch 7, 2017
Working here gives me a real sense of family. Everyone in the place really cares for each other and pulls together. There are great benefits, health, dental, and life, and long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan. Vacation, sick, and personal days plus holiday pay. They even have a little gym at low cost for employees. But the best part is how all the employees pull together and really care for each other, the hospital is it's own little community in this small town. I love coming to work each day and I love running into friendly faces outside of work. Everyone cares for each other and the department directors work with the employees for schedule changes and family time.
Pros
Sense of family/community
Cons
The wind blows on the hill, bundle up in the winter!
Great Organization for Rural Community
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Northern Montana HospitalMarch 6, 2017
This is a great place to work, the benefits are good for a small community. They have health, dental, and life insurance, long term disability, and a 403b plan. They offer vacation, sick time, personal holidays, and holiday pay. The directors will work around school/family schedules if needed and are family friendly. Everyone cares for one another and there is a sense of community in the organization.
Pros
Gym for employee use
Cons
Haven't found any yet
Amazing people
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Havre, MTMarch 6, 2017
The best part about coming to work is working with amazing people. We have a great staff from our Building and Grounds Department up to the Administration. The medical staff cares about the community and do their best to serve the people. I have lived and worked in other parts of the country and I find the people here to be genuinely friendly and helpful. Montana is a great place to live with some of the best outdoor activities available year round.
Pros
Great community, access to outdoor activities
Cons
Must have a block heater for your car
Fantastic!
VP, Regulatory and Community Services (Current Employee) –  Northern Montana Health CareMarch 2, 2017
Wonderful work environment, friendly co-workers, great care for patients/residents! Great team. Good benefits including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, a gym and retirement.
Pros
Friendly, caring work environment.
Cons
Chilly in the winter.
Feels good to get up in the morning and come here to work.
Administration (Current Employee) –  Havre, MontanaMarch 2, 2017
The general atmosphere here is respectful and professional. I'm proud to say I work here. I feel good after a day spent here. For our area, this is a primo job environment/ Tons of amazing people to call your co-workers.
Pros
Cafeteria on-site, Credit Union on-site, Co-Workers.
Cons
Montana is cold!
A great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTDecember 16, 2016
I loved working with all staff and I received free medical insurance and overtime pay was excellent. But at that time in my life minimum wage was too low. Although I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Free health care
Cons
Worked short handed alot
I loved this job, very challenging and diverse
UTILIZATION REVIEW COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTMarch 30, 2015
typical day was to review all of previous day admissions and sort out insurance patients. Called insurance companies about admissions. I learned how to do initial and concurrent reviews. Management was great to me, they supported me and added responsibility when I was ready to take it on. Co workers were great because they were opened to learning the importance of utilization review and helped by getting patients up and around to get them moving and out of acute care. Hardest part of job was when Dr. wanted patient to stay in acute care when insurance didn't want to pay for another day. Most enjoyable part was working with discharge planner and Social worker in making plans for patients to move to lower level of care and presenting plan to doctor and him agreeing with it.
Pros
Going to work every day
Cons
so much statistical analysis could be done with information but no time to do it.
Good Place to work in Rural Montana
Biller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTJanuary 28, 2013
It was a good place to work while I was in rural MT. Rate of pay is low and makes it difficult to live on it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Montana Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3