Northern Panhandle Head Start Employee Reviews

Fun and positve work envorment
Substitute Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVJune 20, 2018
Great place to work. Staff are very friendly and helpful. I get to go to different centers and work with different teachers. Only down side is you have to find another job in the summer to get hrs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no hrs during summer months
Clicks and favorites
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVOctober 25, 2017
Unless you are a relative or friend to the management you will be treated unfairly. They want puppets not honest ,reliable hard workers. They stress open door policy but i had more nose bleeds from being smacked in the face by their doors then i can count. Pay for this job is insulting for the training and hours we have to uphold. The union you are opted into do their best but even they felt defeated when dealing with the management of this company.I would never recommend this job for anyone whom has a soul, conscience, or family.
The perks although are paid holidays, paid summers and the staff to whom have been there for more than ten years are there for the right reasons outside of management. As for the management and newer emplyees i dont know why they havent figured out why their turn over rate is so high. It coud be easy fix but if nothing changes nothing changes.
Pros
Paid holidays and summer
Cons
unfairly treated poor management
A very stressful environment for employees
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 18, 2017
Most enjoyable part if the job is working with the children. The least enjoyable part is the stress of the job. Very few restroom breaks, taking lunch at the end if the day, management is not very helpful with questions that may be needed answered and they are definitely not involved enough in the day to day classroom settings.
Pros
Great kids
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication from managment.
Poor work environment and Poor managment
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Martinsville, WVFebruary 2, 2017
The environment was hostile between co-workers and management , poor communication within the agency, people on power trips to try and get ahead instead of trying to work as a team.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Environment, Managment, Salary
Amazing place towork
Family Resource Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonburg, WVOctober 26, 2016
This place of business goes above and beyond for their employees! Great supervisors, caring environment. Loved working here and still would be had i not relocated to NC
Room for advancement
I did the socail work job and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVNovember 16, 2015
I learned alot with this company. There was always trainings, and educational opportunities that I took advantage of. I new my work load and was able to accomplish it with very little supervision.
preschool teacher
teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonburg, WVFebruary 7, 2015
My teaching job had many pros. I loved the children and staff.My decision to end employment was based on the length of the drive.