Northern Rivers Family of Services Employee Reviews

A great place to help kids and families.
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I have truly enjoyed working at Northern Rivers. The staff members are so supportive of one another and work together to hep students to find success after school. No, the salary is not as much as working in a public school but the benefits of working in small groups with students that need one-on-one attention is very rewarding. Northern Rivers has provided significant training in how to work with at-risk youth, and have prepared me to work with students from varied backgrounds. Northern Rivers does provided tuition reimbursement, which allowed me to get my Special Education certification while working full-time.
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
lots of emotional involvment, lower pay than public school
good place to work
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYDecember 17, 2018
very supportive work environment, supervisors work with employees to help them learn the job and perform better with in their position.

great people to work with. good benefit package.
concerns are heard and brought back to corporate.
Great mission to help children
Database Associate/Development Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2018
The job itself taught me a lot about helping others especially children with needs. It was fast paced at times and yet I also learned to find my passion in database management.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Long hours for fund raisers
depends on your department
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 28, 2017
major disconnect between work processes and accountability of the processes... really depends on department / program your work within
see no room for advancement and the managers and those in position above are cliquish and promote or hire those that suit their purposes
Very supportive
Chief of Behavioral Health Services (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 18, 2017
The agency is driven by mission in the delivery of services for the clients while at the same time the agency is supportive, caring and compassionate towards staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Rivers Family of Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2