Northern Virginia Community College
83High

Northern Virginia Community College Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA211 reviews
Productive, fun, and interactive work environment!
I loved being an Orientation Assistant at Northern Virginia Community College! I was able to work closely with academic advisors, and learn the ropes of what goes into scheduling and class planning!
Giving to the community; Supporting students from around the world
Workforce Development; ACLI - American Culture and language institute. advising students and adults for ESL (Speaking & Writing) Assisting the students was very rewarding
Part Time Compensation
I love my job. They're doing a great job to provide the highest quality education. They also offer lots of new technology in the education environment.
Avoid completely
There is a clear reason NVCC has such massive student and staff turnover. Pay is terrible considering comp universities. No room for growth or advancement. Avoid completely.
Work Study
This is a work-study position, you have to get an award through your FAFSA to be able to work. I really enjoy working here, my boss is great, the faculty and staff are great, and so are my coworkers.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
not the best place to work
There are many good people at NOVA, but unfortunately they are all the "peers". Management and administration are not good. Many employees are not treated as if they are valued.
Northern Virginia Community College
Excellent learning and teaching environment. I love my students. My ASST Dean is excellent - always helpful and very responsive when I reach out. I enjoy my subjects, college has good culture, good pay for adjuncts, friendly environment
The diversity is wonderful. You get to experience almost every culture.
This is the largest community college in the state of Virginia so it is busy. I have enhanced my multitasking skills tremendously! Again, you cannot beat the range of diversity here. I look forward to interacting with individuals from various cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
Winter break is wonderful.
Cons
The pay could be a lot better.
Better than the VSP
Most of my time there was enjoyable. The work wasn't too hard and the supervisors weren't too overbearing. If you make traffic stops, give warnings, and walk around the campus a few times they dont say anything to you. Its a campus police position, its a retirement home for older police officers. If you're young, do not go there first.
Pros
School environment, Calls for service were to unlock doors, and talk to crying students
Cons
Calls for service were to unlock doors and talk to crying students
Nice place
Adding more work overtime but pay rate is still the same. Asking for a raise and get so many excuses. My supervisor was great she was trying to help but higher managers did not want to.
The staff was verify helpful and friendly.
Management and staff was quick in assisting the students request in preparation for the Certified Exam. The environment and the teaching experience was very rewarding.
Great experience
I thoroughly enjoyed working as an adjunct. I liked the experience of teaching students and providing real life examples. The students and staff appreciated me due to my outside work as a counselor.
Amazing place to work for NVCC students
The NVCC Manassas Campus faculty and staff are very amiable and cordial. It was a delight working with such incredible people! It is a great beginner level office job, as everyone is professional and helpful in making each other feel comfortable.
No Leadership
This place (I have been there 14 years), has no leadership at any level. They recently instituted a matrix management system, which we teach in our Business classes never works for businesses. The pay is poor, in fact, so poor that when a Professor complained, they "found" an inconsistency and raised her pay about 5%. MMostMosfacuajust
Best community college to work with in Northern Virginia.
This is a student centric community college. Students learning is taken seriously by all faculty members. Class sizes are approximate 28 with computers if taking any of the IT courses.
not bad for start
Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC; informally NOVA) is a public community college composed of six campuses and four centers in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.. Northern Virginia Community College is the second largest multi-campus community college in the United States and the largest educational institution in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Great workplace and great commodity
The team is great and hours aren't bad at all. Major holidays you're off and PTO and vacation included. The staff is friendly and everyone knows there job pretty well. Turnover is very low.
Supportive management, always willing to help the new staff
Unprofessional, mediocre
Lacking the commitment to get the tools to the student to succeed. Egocentric administration with a priority to lower the bar for students and faculty.
Northern Virginia community college and Annandale is a great place to work
Is a great place to work I am happy to be a part of a great work culture and diversity I enjoy meeting clients from other companies countries I know a different backgrounds of life help me in developing great customer service skills
Good Institution of Higher Learning
NOVA is a good college offering students of all ages and incomes a great education. NOVA offers many different degree options and workplace skill building opportunities.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Virginia Community College. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight