Northern Westchester Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Great place to work, many recent changes. Also very geared towards hiring for advancement from within. Needs some leadership restructuring. Very patient and family focused.
a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 6, 2018
a acaring organization with focus on patient care and staff happiness
very flexible with me after a major life event happened; adjusted my schedule to relieve my stress
Excellent Work Environment for Everyone
Operations Management Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NY 10549August 30, 2018
As a volunteer, I got to learn so much from my experiences at Northern Westchester Hospital. It is a positive environment that cares about each other.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
Since I was a volunteer, I wasn't paid.
Wonderful
Volunteer in the Labor and Delivery Department (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 22, 2018
Northern Westchester Hospital was a wonderful place for my volunteer work. The staff was really helpful and I was able to learn a lot from them as well as gain more experience in the medical field.
It was a helpful facility
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 18, 2018
Learned a lot here. The staff was extremely helpful in teaching me nessecary procedures. The facility allowed me opportunity to go over everything in detail. I did not like the staff.
Kind and Compassionate Place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 10, 2018
Work place culture is to show compassion to all people and give clients the best experience. Treating them as you would want to be treated in a health care facility.
Pros
Everyone is a team player
Cons
long waits for discharges
Nice place to work
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 31, 2018
I have enjoyed the 3 years I have spent at Northern Westchester Hospital. The offer great tuition reimbursement and a flexible schedule that worked well throughout my nursing school career.
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 15, 2018
Great atmosphere, Great benefits, I enjoy working here and I am only leaving to pursue a career as a nurse practitioner in a few months. The are not a lot of extra managerial staff and they really try to listen to the staff nurses.
Benefits
Cons
Commuting to work
Supportive Management
RN III-C (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMay 13, 2018
The leadership provides support to staff and respects their opinions. Shared governance allows the staff to be a part of the organization by actively participating on unit councils and pursuing individual projects.
Not Bad
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYMarch 13, 2018
Great place to start and build skills, no room for advancement. Workplace culture was good, so many activities.Hardest part of the job was having so many responsibilities, being paid so little.
Pros
Great job culture
Cons
Short Breaks
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Caring and compassionate employees who adhere to privacy policies and who are willing to go the extra mile to make a patient feel comfortable as if they were at home.
Benefits
volunteer life
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 17, 2018
overall it was pretty good. Great management, pretty relaxing. People were fantastic, especially the longer you worked there. It was a real nice homey feel.
Pros
cool people
Cons
not well lighted
good environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJanuary 28, 2018
place everyone like to work there i love it......
managers are friendly and they welcome everyone in the hospital
And they have good employers always patients first.
Nice place to work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount KiscoDecember 12, 2017
Very patient satisfaction focused, positive work culture, good location, recognized staff for job well done, extremely generous benefits package, salaries may be a little low.
Great team to work with
Radiologic Technologist/Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYSeptember 10, 2017
NWH is a good place to work. The team of people are real teamplayers.
They have great benefits and its a balanced pace environment

Management has an open door, walk in anytime feel.
great
Assistant Director of Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 28, 2017
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.
 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great to work
good place to work
REGISTERED NURSE/MIXED MEDICAL/ONCOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 19, 2017
Northern Westchester Hospital is a magnet/ plane tree designated facility. It is a community hospital where everyone will know each individual. It is a great place to work and learn. I work in the mixed medical oncology unit and the greatest joy is spending time and providing care to those who need it the most in their last day.
Pros
staff are excellent
Cons
Difficult communicating with some doctors
Productive, fun work place
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYJuly 18, 2017
I really enjoy working for this hospital. The people I work with are great, the benefits are very good, and you continually receive raises. The hospital always provides new learning experiences with constant training to improve the work force.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Tough to take breaks sometimes
i loving traveling to be in the operating room
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
busy from the time i walked in to the time i left. there is never down time in the operating at this hospital. To me management was fine , the hardest part of the job is not being able to help a patient.
workplace
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NY 10549June 27, 2017
I did weekly home visits with foster youth around Los Angeles and helped support their families in reunifying. I also co-facilitated a substance abuse group for teens involved in both the child welfare and juvenile justice systems. I loved working with foster youth, but felt limited in my role with child services and decided that becoming a therapist would be a better match.