Northfield Bank Employee Reviews

Needs Improvement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2018
The cooperate office and management needs to be improved. Management makes the job not a great place to work and makes a person want to leave and not stay for long.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pennington, NJMay 23, 2018
In my experience at Northfield Bank, I learned more than I ever thought I could as a bank teller. They integrated many other responsibilities and broadened my abilities as I performed a complex amount of activities.
not recommended
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 2, 2018
poor management skills, health benefits are very high especially if you have a family. Management tends not to know their own job and depends on their branch staff to do everything which is not okay. They get paid the big bucks for other people to do their work.
Senior Branch Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 28, 2017
A typical day was quiet and productive. I learned that the managers I was blessed to have at Northfield Bank do not exist anywhere else and grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side. The workplace culture although a lot of work in my department it never felt like work and the days went by fast. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of emails and the most enjoyable was the camaraderie.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Nice place to start out
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 4, 2017
Northfield Bank is a nice bank to start out in your banking career however do not expect to move up fast there. This is the constant issue with community banks. Great people to work with/for, great atmosphere but the people that have the management positions that people want never move up or leave.
Pros
Atmosphere, people
Cons
Advancement, pay
the christmas parties where awesome
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJuly 17, 2017
Getting to work on time having a productive day keeping smiles on my customer faces working well with my co-workers finishing of all my task. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping everyone that I can help. The hardest part is not being able to do all that I know I can do
worse place to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 26, 2017
this place is like working in a high school environment. most managers are petty, overstep boundaries, and are not nearly qualified to perform the jobs they are hired for.
Productive and a learning experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 16, 2015
I love interacting with the customers, and getting to know them. My coworkers and managers are always willing to help. My responsibilities varied, making sure all customers information was filed properly in a secured area, making sure customers accounts are correct, and helping management open and close branch.
Overall good place to work
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Northfield Bank. Attempts have been made over the years to increase the work/life balance. The atmosphere and layout of the work areas is a little tight.
a fun place to work
Client Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2015
My typical day at work was to help out customers withdrawing money from there accounts and trying to pursue them to open up different accounts with the bank to benefit them in the long run. I learned alot of things of different peoples life and I also learned how to open up accounts while I was a teller. My co-workers were there when i needed them to help me with stuff that I didnt understand. The hardest part of my job dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help my customers out and trying to learn new things.
Excellent Organization to Work For.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 2, 2015
Responsible for the daily operation of a large commercial bank branch. The branch had 13 FTE's and a deposit base of 80M.
Great management and co workers wo taught me what i needed to know for someone who wasnt experienced in banking.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2015
I am lucky to be working at a branch who has a great management team and co workers who were willing to teach me what I needed to know as a teller who had no banking experience. Working at Northfield there is always something to do regardless of whether we have no customers in the building. From processing batches of wics that we get from supermarket companies to filing drawers and making sure all books and logs are updated and signed.
I can't say there is really are hard part besides sometimes feeling a little over whelmed when work piles up but that's when team work comes in and we help one another out so its not so bad . My most enjoyable part about my job is that we are like a family so we get our work done but the place is also filled with fun and laughter that makes coming to work more worth it.
fun
Customer Service Representative/Head Teller (Current Employee) –  staten islandFebruary 11, 2015
nice place to work with a good atmosphere, its a very fun place to work at and the employees are very happy to be there every day
The workplace was very family friendly
Bank teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJApril 8, 2014
my typical day for me was to process transaction for customer and helping them open new accounts. Cross selling new products to new customers.
excellent place to work excellent manager and assistant manager
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJMarch 27, 2014
process customer transactions, solved customer complaints,etc. The management was excellent and so were my co workers. There was really nothing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new customers and speaking with them about different products and investments.