Northfield Hospital & Clinics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
You have to be a single mother to get what you want here. Department manager is terrible and has no management skills.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 25, 2018
Very sad that management does care enough about long term employees. GA. Sub management does nothing as well. If you are single then you can make it here. Take time off even if you have 0 time left, because you do not know how to manage your life.
Pros
Cons
Terrible director of pharmacy
I work with great people
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lonsdale, MNJuly 9, 2017
Patients and paperwork is the typical day at work. I have learned a lot about my profession and what you can say or do. Provider I work for loves and knows his patients, I like the fact that he cares and listens to what they have to say.
I love my co-workers!!
No comment at this time
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 25, 2017
There is a fun group of people to work with of you take the time to get to know them. Some are happy to help train. There are chances to learn across modalities.
Pros
Small town
Cons
Small town
The lab!
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Hospital LabApril 26, 2017
A typical work day in the lab? I don't think there is ever a "typical day" when you work in a lab. Usually when I come in all of our satellite clinic specimens have been delivered and we are trying to keep up with all the other demands form all the other departments in the hospital. Some days its gets to be a lot. But we do our best to get results out as fast as possible. I look at the lab as a team. We all work together to make sure that everything we do is precise.
I can't speak for everyone that works in the lab, but when we get a specimen in I don't just see a tube full of blood. I see my grandma, grandpa, mom or dad that need my help in figuring out what is making them sick. When 70-80 percent of all diagnosis are determined from lab results, it makes your job really important.
The hardest part about working in the lab is usually you never know what happens to people. You meet them and their families at the hardest time for them and some times they are really nice people and sometimes they are not. But you get what you have to and run back to the lab and find out the worst. So you call to their doctor and the doctor takes it form there. Unless you have to go and get more blood form the patient you never know what happens. That is the hardest part about the job.
No one ever likes to see someone form the lab come into their hospital room. They know that when they see us that means they have to get poked. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can go in and see a patient and collect my specimen and they tell me "I didn't even feel that!" If I can get a
  more... patient to laugh just a little bit, that makes my day so much better.  less
May 15, 2017

Thank you for sharing your insight and feedback on a 'typical' day in the lab. It is always valuable to hear an inside perspective. Thank you for sharing and for your continued dedication to our patients.

Great Place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNApril 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at NHC. I was an admissions representative during my time there. They do a great job making sure that you feel comfortable at the job, before they just throw you in. If I hadn't moved away, I would love to still work for them.
May 5, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to hear you had a positive experience with us and felt comfortable in your job. We're sorry to hear you moved away, but wish you best of luck on your next journey!

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 13, 2017
I enjoy my job, very excellent organization t. I treat all our patients as our home guests. Administrators/management team are great and supportive. I work in admission checking in patients all day long.
Pros
Our administratior/management team take time to come and bring healthy treats and connect with us.
Cons
do a great job keeping up with policies
April 17, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your job. Providing patient-centered care is our top priority, thanks for making it yours too!

Love working for Northfield EMS-Family Atmosphere
EMS (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 30, 2016
Northfield EMS is a great organization. They are far from a "good old boys club" as half the staff are women, including a female Supervisor and an Medical Director. I feel the management team works well and provides strong yet fair leadership skills. If you are poor at patient care and have terrible skills, then your career at Northfield EMS will short. If you come to work, do your very best, excel at providing superior patient care, you will have no worries as management will always have "your back."
Pros
Working Atmosphere, Friendly staff, forward thinking leaders
Cons
Highly trained crews, a some bad apples
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 20, 2016
EMS crews are highly trained. Many of the crew members are good folks and good partners. EMS management is where the problem lies. It's more of a good ol boys club. The director has been there forever yet talks about how change is. One supervisor is arrogant and celf centered to the highest level I've ever seen. The other two supervisor's are good folks that came from the crew. EMS is a good place to work as long as you go to work, do your job, go to your trainings. Don't stand out. If there's a problem, try to solve it with your partners. If that doesn't work then go to management. Hospital management is too blind to the troubles in EMS. Great place to work if all you want to do is help people. Good equipment, good training, some good crew members.
Pros
Helping people, great training, many good crew members, good equipment
Cons
Management, taking on projects, no real command system
ok
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJune 29, 2016
It is a good company to work for. Too many on-call and not enough pay. Small office environment, There isn't much more to say.
A lot of unhappy coworkers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northfield Family Health clinicFebruary 5, 2016
The Northfield clinic is very poorly managed and there is a lack of communication between departments and from supervisors to employees. Supervisors give preferential treatment to their circle of friends. You have to use 16 hours of your own PTO before you can utilize your sick bank. The family health insurance is very expensive. The pay is sub average to what you would get paid in Lakeville or Burnsville. A lot of nurses and CMA's would put in a year of work to gain experience and then get a job in Burnsville paying $4-$5 an hour more. And it very much lacked a team atmosphere. There is a lot of frustration and unhappiness among coworkers.
Pros
paid holidays, no weekends
Cons
expensive healthcare, no sick days, poor management, negative work environment
Pleasant work environment but very busy
Electronic Healthcare Record Specialist (Current Employee) –  Northfield, MNMay 23, 2014
Too much work and too few people but good place to work. I spend most days doing software development and support.
Pros
close proximity to home
Cons
no advancement
nice place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale, MNJuly 5, 2013
was a great place to work with. everyone is so willing to help you and go the extra mile. understandable about life.
Pros
understandable
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northfield Hospital & Clinics. Our community is ready to answer.

Northfield Hospital & Clinics Reviews by Location