NorthLakes Community Clinic Employee Reviews

Team work
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Balsam Lake, WIApril 12, 2019
NorthLakes employees are a team not individuals working to achieve what needs to get done for the day. The communication is open, what you say is heard. All levels of the practice interact with each other.
Each day has time to check in with co-workers. You get a lunch break, you are encouraged to move about during the day to get water or stretch. Wellness for employees is just as important as for our patients. The HR team does a great job matching people to fit in.
Patients are very appreciative of the care they get and let us know - this makes for a rewarding day.
Pros
Cons
some 10 hour days can be long when you have patients not show up.
Great place to work for
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIFebruary 21, 2019
Every place you work you will have people who love their job or hated it. I love working for NorthLakes! My coworkers are great to work with. They make the work day fun and enjoyable. Love how upper mgmt comes to you and asks how your day is going and if there is anything they can do for you. Its nice when they take the time to come talk to you. Greatly appreciated!! I like the communication I have with my boss who helps me achieve my goals with NorthLakes. Above all NorthLakes is a great place to work for.
Your Voice Matters
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Iron River, WIFebruary 14, 2019
NorthLakes is more than a job to me. It really is an opportunity to play an active role in helping my friends and neighbors get access to care. It is a noble mission and as a result, it is easy to come to work feeling like your work matters.

But it is more than that. NorthLakes is also a place where your voice is heard. You have the opportunity to speak your mind and have healthy debates about how we can do things better. This culture doesn't work everywhere but the leadership here supports it and believes in it. Does this mean I win every debate? Absolutely not but it is great to know that my voice is being heard.

NorthLakes hit all of the marks on pay, time off, flexibility, sick time, etc. But, they are also innovative in trying to encourage wellness initiatives and creating a culture where staff can learn and grow from each other, even outside of our "day job". At this point in my career, this is exactly what I'm looking for... I want to push myself professionally not just on a career track upwards but outwards. And this job allows for this.

Is that tough at times? Absolutely. No job is perfect all of the time. It is hard sometimes to scale back the passion and maintain a work/life balance, but that's a personal issue, not NorthLakes.
Pros
people, culture, pay, benefits
Cons
healthcare is tough
Great place to work with great people!
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Iron River, WIFebruary 14, 2019
NorthLakes was a blessing in disguise when I needed something different. I am very happy to be a part of this organization. We are here to help each patient as a whole and have so many services under one roof. They are very accommodating if you need to be gone for something and do not make you feel guilty.
IT Support (Current Employee) –  EverywhereFebruary 14, 2019
This is a great place to work. It's a great work environment that makes me look forward to coming to work. Northlakes also does great things for the communities they are in.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Cut throat and high turnover
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIJanuary 17, 2019
This place is very cut throat and you will see extreme turnover rate. If you dont feel insecure about your job here you should. Instead of correction they dismiss you immediately. While positives remain great benefits and pay, the negative work environment and behind the back talking will effect your performance. Clicky staff and horrible management. The clients can be wonderful and the mission statement makes you feel good but other than that they will suck the life out of you.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Everything else
Fantastic Place to Work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, WIDecember 4, 2018
The great thing about working in the medical field is that the vast majority of employees in any given place are dedicated to their patients and the mission of their clinic. NorthLakes is no exception. My colleagues are intelligent, driven, and consistent. Our patients are wonderful. Overall this is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Competitive Pay, great benefits, paid time off
Cons
Communication is sometimes a little lackluster.
Unprofessional leadership
Office (Former Employee) –  AshlandSeptember 6, 2018
The manager lacks the ability and desire to provide a positive working environment. Inexperience in employee relations is a factor in the high turnover of employees within a 12-month time period. A hostile work environment was made by a few select employees and encouraged by management.
Pros
Some wonderful co-workers
Cons
Unstable working conditions
Very nice place to work
Behavioral Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Very nice place to work, managment listens and co-workers are wonderful. As in any mental health setting it can be stressful. Managment is wonderful about encouraging self-care.
An Organization Where You Can Really Make a Difference
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iron River, WIFebruary 8, 2017
NorthLakes is a great place to work! You are working side by side with others who believe in the mission and quickly feel like family. You will be busy and working hard, but feel accomplished at the end of the day. There are layers of managerial support and all employees are encouraged to learn, grow, act independently, but also to request help when necessary. Above all, NorthLakes cares about their patients, their employees, and their communities.
Pros
Competitive pay & benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
Never enough hours in the work day
Mission driven organization!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Iron River, WIFebruary 7, 2017
Mission driven organization working to provide quality health care for the whole body. Organization has good compensation and benefits and is focused on employee engagement.
Pros
Healthcare, employee wellness, schedule
Management is non existent in handling issues
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIMay 27, 2016
Too many staff not working and doing the job they were hired to do without causing issues with other departments. Manager not engaged to make the current employees feel safe in their job and does not recognize the staff that puts the patients first. Management has "lead staff appointed" that are also non existent and not qualified to handle being in a lead role. Lead staff goes missing when there is a crisis.Co workers are hired based on their "personality-the right fit" vs. experience and competence.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Not a positive place to work
I really enjoyed working at NorthLakes.
Dental/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIFebruary 23, 2016
The days were busy and fast paced. I learned that I love working with children. The people employed at NorthLakes are fantastic, quality people.
Pros
Just about everything is great.
Cons
Employees are treated very inconsistantly
Paitient focused Clinic
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIJune 15, 2015
I have learned a lot from working there. I now know I do not just need a career job where I love what I do, but also a workplace I love and enjoy going to everyday.