Northland Group Inc Employee Reviews

Nlg inc.
Sr. Third Party Agent (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJJuly 3, 2018
Overall Northland is a great company to work for. the industry itself is a bit of a challenge, but I would say that NLG is one of the best collection firms to work for.
Pros
Easy bonus guideline
Cons
Required late night and limited to no overtime offered
Working conditioning
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJMay 30, 2018
Environment is bad to work in !
They do not give raises !
Job very stressful ! Management half did job .! Co workers were great though. That was onl
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Paid sucked, no raises
Worst job I have ever had
Collector (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INMay 20, 2018
Northland Group was recently purchased by Radius group. The culture of the office is , “ be happy you have running water and a job.” I wouldn’t recommend this work place to my worst enemy. In your first year you are treated to a whopping 5 days of total PTO, and if you have to work less than 40 hours for any reason in your 1st 90 days , expect to get written up. The facilities are disgusting with no plans for upgrades and toilets barely flush.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
It's great to work at Northland Group
Call Center Agent / Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 5, 2018
I enjoy working at Northland group, it's a very productive and competitive working environment that help to improve your skill and learn new skills, yes.
Stressful and poor management
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 1, 2018
Impossible to get commission, management is not good, stressful, you get yelled at for talking unless its on the phone. You do not get any paid sick days. If you are short one hour a week you get a write up.
a typical day
1ST COLLECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  tharofor, njApril 24, 2018
The managers are always yelling being rude. Sometimes they just pick on the employees to try and send them home. They were completely rude and would also act like high school teens. Horrible to work under these type of conditions.
Pros
Cons
rudeiness
Unprofessional Work place
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJApril 23, 2018
Don't work here ... Incompetent strategy and Management .. No advancement sub par benefits. Stressful and not worth it, waste of time. Quick paced and cut throat.
Cons
It's a good job to have to pay the bills.
Customer Service Collections (Former Employee) –  Thorofare, NJApril 9, 2018
It was an ok job. The employees were a working group of folks. If you didn't meet the quota you could lose your job. You do get your own desk which was nice. The break room had sufficient amount of vending machines, microwaves and you could pay with your debit card or app for the vending machines. The bus does drop off by the location. They did games with prizes if you made bonus.
Pros
Nice break room and you get your own desk.
Cons
If you don't make quota you could lose your job even if you work hard.
Fast-Paced Environment
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 30, 2018
Very goal oriented
Work/life balance
Productivity is important
daily coaching and motivating
Opportunity to learn different areas of the business
Opportunity for bonuses and commissions
Pros
Decent hours, health and dental benefits, 401(k), life Insurance
Cons
Health insurance a bit pricey, not much room for growth/advancement
Fun working place but management could change.
RESOLUTION CORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 29, 2018
Meeting deadlines is always a priority for myself however when there is no team work I find it very hard to work in such environment. I would say about eighty percent of the people I have worked with are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Competitive and fun environment, some times.
Cons
Paid time off and benefits
Not horrible, but not great either
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorofare, NJMarch 21, 2018
The hour lunch is the biggest perk. Most of the managers are cool. Although your voice is rarely heard. Oftentimes they set unrealistic. Mostly friendly people. Management is willing to help you if you are having trouble.
Good Place to work
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN 55439March 20, 2018
A good place to work if you don't mind calling rude customer and random phone numbers the whole time your working and if you don't mind being in a desk for 8 hours then its the job for you
Pros
you get your own desk, cool and helpful managers/ co workers
Cons
constantly calling phone numbers during your work hours and talking to rude customers
Unhealthy work enviroment
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 16, 2018
Unrecommended, very stressful, unfair collections, base pay is only 12.00 an hour, monthly goal required, micro managed, but without all the great training provided by this company I would not be where I am at today, and that I am thankful for.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Required hour lunch
Collector (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 14, 2018
It is a good place to work with nice hours. They give you quite a bit of PTO in your first year. It is very is to get fired for not performing. Paid holidays
It's a call center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed it because we get really good commission checks here. I'm just saying that I like working here and the money ain't bad. I've been doing collections for about 15 years now and this is the best call center I've ever worked in.
Pros
Commission
Cons
I work in the Edina location, it's a long drive
Typical collection agency
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 4, 2018
If you are used to working at a call center, earning base pay plus commissions, this is a decent place to work. Management is generally fair and they have casual Fridays
productive and fun place to work
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJanuary 24, 2018
Very fast paced. I learned to work with people of all backgrounds consumers and co-workers. the hardest part was not being able to give the consumers exactly what they asked for. The most enjoyable part was helping consumers clear up any delinquent accounts received with that company.
New Jersey
Debt Collector/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJanuary 22, 2018
They have the worst training I've ever seen a company specially for a company that's been established since 1982 the management is not well organized they have terrible communication skills and their equipment is always malfunctioning there's tons of favoritism only certain people get high paying account when you start to question things they look at you as being negative Nancy and find a way to terminate you when you ask simple questions and also the facility is very dusty and dirty even the the restaurants in the break room disgusting and when you want to know how much your commission is and how many points you had for the month you can never find that out
Pros
You get paid every two weeks
Cons
Management is crooked
A better collection agency than most
Account Manager - Collections (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Northland Group is a great place to work for most seasoned collectors. Goals are (for the most part) attainable. Commission has gone down, but this is across the entire industry and not exclusive to NGI.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, flexible shifts
Cons
pay isn't as good as it once was
Fun workplace
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJanuary 16, 2018
Northland Group was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and management. Scheduling is flexible and managers are always willing to assist with questions.
Pros
Fun incentives
Cons
Inbound call routing seems unfair