Northpointe Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
The mortgage industry is very competitive. Northpointe provides products that other banks do not offer. This bank is not about the number but about satisfying the client's needs to get them in their purchasing property.
Great Place to work!
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 29, 2018
Nortpointe has some amazing mortgage and banking products. Their processing and underwriting is extremely proficient. The people are great! Management is awesome! The work environment is relaxed.
I love my job!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2018
I love everything about my job. I am so excited to continue growing with this company. They have grown me not only as an employee, but also as a person. So happy have been given the opportunity to have the job I have.
Great culture and positive work/life balance
Residential Lending (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 21, 2018
This is the fourth financial institution I have worked for and I love the culture and opportunity management provides its employees. All employees are empowered to take care of the customer without unnecessary red tape of approval.

Senior management is very accessible and genuinely cares about the company and its employees.

The bank is a rapidly growing company, so there are new challenges and new opportunities every day. It is rewarding to be a part of building something successful.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with my email while also getting done the important things I want to get done.

The best part is having the freedom to accomplish my business goals and the ability to work on many different projects that touch multiple areas within the bank.

I expect to retire with Northpointe Bank.
Pros
Empowered to work on my own goals
Cons
None, other than more time in the week ;)
Northpointe was a great experience
Sr. Underwriter (Dayton LPO) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2017
Excellent training and support once on the job was very good. Department supervisor was very knowledgeable and approachable. Overall culture was good. Would return if given the opportunity. My release was due to lack of volume.
Pros
employee minded organization
Cons
job security
Great Comp
Loan Officer/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2017
The lead management is great! I would recommend directly working for Northpointe Bank. The company is well organized and everyone works hard to get everything done in a timely manner.
Test
Marketing Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 25, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I would recommend it to others. The culture is getting better than it was in the past which is another positive.
Decent Work
Operations Specialist/Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
This job could have been better if i sucked up to the boss more, I'm sure. The work wasn't bad, if they had anything for me to do. When I asked for more to do, I was given tasks that were a waste of everyone's time and helped nothing at the company.
Stuffy "boys club" Bank
Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of doing normal teller duties while also taking of the responsibilities of a personal banker, as well as being the branch managers personal assistant.

I learned a lot working there. I knew nothing about the banking world going in and came out with a lot of knowledge and experience.

Management left a lot to be desired. This place was very political, it was all about who you knew. You weren't praised on your work ethic, you were praised based on your social standings.

Workplace culture was okay. How far you went in the company was based solely off who you know. there are some great people working there though.

The hardest part of this job was juggling all of the work that was thrown your way. They never worried about whether you had the time or the means to complete a task, they just piled it on to your list.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the customer interaction. I had some great customers at the bank!
Pros
Great customers!
Cons
Too much drama
Small but growing family oriented organization
Investor Delivery Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 29, 2016
family feel atmoshpere, not stuffy. Management tends to spread staff too thin, wear too many hats. Not much recognition for over and above the call of duty
Very Productive Quiet atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2015
Enter into a business atmosphere where everyone is friendly and willing to extend a helping hand in any area needed rather personal issues or all business. We did lots of training together and one on one. Management was awesome and the whole company was like a family. I learned a lot about accounts that I have never seen, terms of vocabulary, techniques ect. The hardest part of the job sometimes was when system updates arrived and we all had to learn how to work new programs which came with a lot of mistakes but we did get through it and made it fun and not so stressful.
Strong performing bank with a great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2015
Best financial institution I've worked at. Leadership is more open and available that what I've seen elsewhere. Great culture -- very employee focused with cool benefits like semi-annual all-employee meetings/celebrations, an on-site fitness facility and b-day cards with restaurant gift cards. CEO is very down to earth and chats with all employees on a regular basis. Company is growing rapidly but the culture has stayed strong!
Pros
Culture, Management
Cons
Michigan Winters!
Mostly Mismanaged
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2013
While working at Northpointe, I found the management team out of touch with the current market. They were unwilling to spend any resources on any type of marketing, even down to business cards. I was a satellite officer in another state, and I couldn't even reach their technical support team if my computer was down. Terrible working conditions, I would not recommend this company for mortgage origination.