Northport Health Services Employee Reviews

great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 18, 2019
Have worked with NHS for over a year and so far it is amazing, Mgt makes you feel appreciated, over atmosphere is amazing. I would recommend it to anyone in Southwest Missouri
Great atmosphere
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALMay 9, 2019
I have worked there twice. I feel that this place promotes homelike work family environment.
As always there will be someone who challenges policy and complains about the rules. They give those individuals the opportunity to reform their attitudes and if they don’t the typically end up leaving. They are working diligently to embrace the challenges facing the long term industry with rolling out a new activity program that engages staff as well as the residents. It has been a breath of fresh air to see the changes that have taken place that hear the goals for the future.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Promotes positive attitudes, caring management, leadership
Cons
State rules to follow
Run as fast as you can
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALMay 4, 2019
This place is a huge threat to your license. You are only a warm body. Thia place is poorly managed. No orientation at all. It's a total nightmare. Run
Great people
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 18, 2019
The pay is poor from an industry wide perspective. Benefits are average. You are expected to perform a wide range of functions as part of your "job title." Personnel at the facility level are good to work with, but you get the distinct impression that the corporate level could care less how employees are treated.
benefits
Avoid
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 12, 2019
Anywhere else is better. I’ve never had such poor PTO. Is this a joke? I only wish it were. They call you when you’re off begging you to come in & then they never thank you. The worst CNA’s that I’ve ever seen. No thanks.
Pros
Cons
Everything but the PTO is the worst.
Most of IT staff were friendly and helpful.
IT Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 26, 2019
Typical workday involved solving 25 - 35 user problems on phone and remote access. The most enjoyable part of the day was solving a users problem and getting them back in service.
Stressful
Resident Trust Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 18, 2018
My manager was great and fair. Co-workers on the other hand were difficult to work with. They were backstabbing and critical of what you did or did not do.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
unfriendly co-workers
No comments
Administrator/(Senior Administrator) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company. There was a lot of support. The reason I left is lack of promotional opportunity and I wanted to extend my work experience.
Interactive and fun work place
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIJanuary 26, 2018
I help the client with daily decisions and make sure they have everything they want help from me for that day done in the way they would want it. I learned how to help people and enjoyed how I felt knowing I made a difference in the person life
over exceeding residents for care
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, ALSeptember 14, 2017
Too many residents on too many medications, too much to report without getting sued. The CNA.s were hard working and very respectful. Some nurses were helpful, some were not.
Pros
CNA.s
Cons
management, food, activities, nurses calling off.
Productive and friendly
License Practical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time there at NHS but due to personal reasons I could no longer work the shift I was hired for. The Nurse manger was very nice to work for they understood their staff and any concerns we may have.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Team work
Wolves in Sheep's Clothing…
Dir Sales, Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 26, 2017
The long term care industry is a rewarding business and career. However, one must be willing to invest in good people that have a passion for caring for the elderly and our senior citizens. One must also be willing to invest in the best equipment and resources to care for these dear people. My experience with this company was the polar opposite. I had the need to find a company that did believe in doing so.
Enjoyed working here
Landscaper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALJune 22, 2017
Northport Health Services is where I found out that I enjoy landscaping. It was fun learning experience. If giving the opportunity I would still work for them.
Somewhat of a stressful work environment due to it being a skilled nursing facility.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with the residence and the marketing aspect of the job. Working in a skilled nursing facility can be a stressful environment. I left Northport Health Services in good standings.
Work expectations unrealistic. No moral. No raises. Cannot keep staff.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMay 9, 2017
Medical staff is consistently given an unrealistic patient to staff ratio; ie 20+ residents per 1 CNA; 30+ residents per 1 LPN. Admissions consistently give false information to families. Mandatory no clocking out for breaks when census us low. Use management, office, & on call staff hours as hands on medical staff hours. No annual raises permitted at this time for non-salary staff. However, newly hired staff receive sign on bonus pay & 6 month & annual raises. Management is terrible to floor staff.
Pros
Best Long-term nursing & therapy staff in Citrus County
Cons
No raises, minimal breaks, consistently short staffed, management is terrible
Horrible management
Admissions Coordinator/Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 11, 2017
Time for management to retire. Too old and out of the loop. Benefits and pay are subpar. Too much micro management. Lazy upper management.
Pros
Cannot think of any
Cons
Can be a fun work place aleast years ago
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALDecember 7, 2016
The company was wonderful to work for but the past 5 yrs. It has really changed. The pay is not really good due to limit nursing homes in the area and the company own all but two.
Cons
Too much who you know and not what you know
There are better facilities.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasJuly 6, 2016
This would be an excellent facility if they hired a new staffing coordinator who was more worried about the residents and hiring good CNA's (and keeping them ) rather than hiring family and covering all their wrong-doings. RNA makes up daily weights and never does ROM on residents. State has been in this facility at least 5 times in about 4 months.
Pros
Helping residents. Excellent therapy.
Cons
Horrible micro-managing, expected to work 16 hour shifts sometimes
Hard work in an medical setting
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 17, 2015
Working for this company was a bit hard.It was a rehab facility. I worked under strict guidelines and budgets. Overall it was a good job and nice people.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
working around sick people and trying no to disturb them.
family and pet friendly
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Webb City, MOApril 2, 2015
Staff families and resident families are involved in many of the facility events, pets are encouraged to visit. Many of the staff are willing to try to move into the present and future of health care,
Pros
good pay, beutiful location, flexible
Cons
no work life balance