Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union Management reviews

I would have never worked here had I read the reviews first
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 13, 2019
I do agree with the other reviewer stating you could get away with murder here if you have the right contacts. They consistently violate their own policy and state/federal laws to bend over backwards just for a good survey.

They couldn't care any less about their employees, it's all about member service but they fail to realize their employees are some of the most important members.

HR fails to help you. So try not to get mistreated or harassed while you're here because they'll find a way to turn it on you and make it seem that you in some way deserved the treatment.

Managers are terrible. Expect to be micromanaged, not to take your breaks, be discouraged from time off, and being told there is no room for advancement.

Higher level management is completely unaware of how bad the culture really is in each department.

This is truly the worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, benefits, no room for growth, terrible HR
Challenging
Branch Lead Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 20, 2018
Although I learned a lot about credit unions and branch operations, this position included multiple job functions and duties without adequate compensation nor the proper training to effectively perform the job duties.
Pros
gained experience, weekends off
Cons
poor training, poor management, poor HR
It's a paycheck
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Very difficult to move up. Management expects employees not to have a personal life and doesn't care much about the health and well being of its employees.
Rapidly growing under new direction
Accounting Staff (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day is well structured, job responsibilities are clearly defined but that doesn't mean it is without challenge. I've learned to adapt to new procedures and policies. Management does work hard to ensure daily operations are fulfilled. The workplace culture has changed so much over the years that you seem to interact (except via email) with only the staff in your group. The hardest part of the job was balancing the many responsibilities due to issues and concerns that were time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was recognition and self-satisfaction for completing tasks in a timely manner.
Pros
Relaxed attire, flexible work schedule
Cons
Dealing with stress levels of some employees
Good Learning Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 3, 2017
Normal work day. First office job, was a good beginning point for me. Management was very friendly and patient. Enjoyed learning about Credit Unions and how they help people.
Pros
Friendly work place
Cons
Long commute
Just Roll with it
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 7, 2017
worked here as a temp and it was an interesting experience. regulations and management needs to be increased along with team morality. this company has great clients and a huge potential to grow since they possess account services to MTA and aerospace industry. after one week of being hired management moved into a different role and an interim manager was brought. Interesting how the manager had a personal relation to two floor employees which gave both employees a dynamic of taking advantage. in the long run work got done but the manner in it was never professional. Switching software and updating systems on a whim was the more interesting part. either way this company caters to two huge industries and will be around for quite some time. it wont become a model of a credit union but this company still has great benefits for its members and has loads of potential.
Pros
you can get away with murder here if you have connections
Cons
changing and evolving its a time of trial and error
productive
Member Service Representative - Teller I (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 18, 2016
My typical day at work is to make sure that everyone has what they need before starting our day. Everyday is a different day that i learn something new among my co-workers and myself. Management is very reliable when needed and in many situations. We get along with each other and work with each other as a team.