Overall, a good aerospace company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) – Melbourne, FL – January 14, 2019
Your experience will depend a lot on your location and program.
In the Aerospace Systems sector, I have found certain commonalities across the country / different programs:
1) Hiring salary is good, followed by mediocre raises mid-career, followed by opportunities to move up (at increased salary). If you stay with the company for a number of years, you will need to be proactive about managing your own career for continued growth.
2) Overall culture is good, and people tend to be nice. Company and employees adhere to good ethics. People are frequently willing to take time out of their day to help each other.
3) The company has many interesting projects/programs to work on. They also really like having (lots of) meetings.
4) The company has 401K matching (percentage may vary), and 10 holidays per year, plus accrued vacation. Healthcare options vary significantly by location.
5) Tuition reimbursement is available, but restrictions are tightening, and there are yearly caps. Training and courses have been cut back somewhat. Internal online training through the company's website is emphasized, but this does not have the caliber of courses offered through normal courses / educational institutions.