Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.6K
41.4K
Found 3,839 reviews matching the search See all 3,934 reviews
Compassionate and empathetic company with opportunities to grow
Account Manager / Technical Project Lead (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 20, 2018
Working with NG has been a pleasing experience. My leadership has constantly provided me with challenges and opportunities that helped me with my career growth. There were ample training opportunities provided that I was able to leverage, that helped me with my career growth.
Advancement
Lead Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 20, 2018
I think it is hard to advancement within the company I have been trying for 3 years now. It is a great place for travel but I have been on travel for the past 15 years. I trying to get something stable in one place. Hopefully in Louisiana or texas.
Can be productive with the right supervisor and lead mechanic.
Mechanic, Joint Stars Program (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a job that has not been started by another mechanic. Then parts are available when needed and no constraints to finish.
Pros
Lunch/Break Areas nice, Food Court Machines, Tv
Cons
Management will not fix jobs, o/a or planned paperwork .
Spent 31 Continuous Years There
Program Planning and Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 18, 2018
I Spent 31 continuous years there should be pretty self explanatory. I was always treated with respect and given every opportunity for advancement. Mentor ship is key at Northrop Grumman.
northcrop grumman review
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 18, 2018
It is the best company that i love to work
learn and happy work in the group, more design and code, it makes system run perfectly.
i had leaving this company because budget.
Pros
coding all levels
Cons
friently
Overall ok
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2018
There was no advancement and benefits were slow to get them applied to me. Overall good experience, but money was tight. I liked their 401k and education, but I had to ask many times before I got them.
Former employee
Manager - International Finance (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 18, 2018
Limited flexibility is given within the organization. Corporate Culture is mediocre. The company offers competitive wages, however, overall benefits could be improved.
Great Company to work for.
Engineer Logistics (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452June 18, 2018
Contractual work.... so chances of being there longer than a few years is minimal. Very relaxed atmosphere, the management is very flexible. Lots of potential with the company.
Good ol boy network
Systems Engineer 3 (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 16, 2018
The only individuals who have a chance at advancement or even to attend training courses are those the "Management" establishes "relationships" outside of work. Competence and Actual Job Performance does not guarantee opportunity or even retention. If you are their friend, they will do all they can do to retain you over someone more qualified or better performing.
Pros
Healthcare and other Benefits.
Cons
Only Brown-Nosers and Line-Toers have a chance.
Very rewarding work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 16, 2018
Very relaxing work environment and very flexible overtime. Good people to work with and good management. On site company store with discounts to major attractions. Extremely interesting items being built.
Pros
Very relaxed work place.
Great company
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 15, 2018
This was a great company when I worked there twenty five years ago. They had great leaders, looked to train up their employees and see that they received everything they needed to be successful.
Pros
Career advancement training opportuntiies, great benefits
Cons
No longer in this area
Planning, Review and Execution
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 15, 2018
A typical day involves 15 minutes work planning to determine priorities and follow through on pending action items.

Then, reference other work scope from internal computer internal .

Leverage the plans, then deploy the work load with each supplier.

Workplace culture is very good and commendable.

The hardest part of the job is the commute. Some supplier have distant facilities referenced to Ventura CA.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with Suppliers. Assisting them on their needs to meet Northrop demands.
Pros
Good management
Great Engineer bad middle management
Cybersecurity Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
Where I was working have lots of personnel problem and they were trying reorganization a few times to finally force out my (bad) manager. It took about two years. I wish I knew my managers will be force out before I quit the job.

Worked with some amazing smart engineers!
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 13, 2018
The culture of NGC is centered around the customer and their needs. There is always a focus on being part of a team, with the customer. That is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job, understanding that you and the customer are working together as one team.
Pros
Work environment, compensation
All About the Benjamins
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 13, 2018
Unionized and compartmentalized. Not a good place to learn or grow. A very combative place where parties are very territorial (see unionized). On most assignments I can grow and make inroads. Here there were all sorts of barriers. This seems to be a dinosaur company and a very inflexible one at that. My manager was a good guy who was put in a bad spot and did his best to take care of us.

Also, the cafeteria is terrible. The location was horrible traffic wise.

On the bright side, they made it all worth my while with a good wage and lots of OT.
Pros
Money! Money! Money!
Cons
Unionized, inflexible and compartmentalized
Awesome company
Laser Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 13, 2018
I started as a Laser Tech. I loved working there. When I asked to learn more than assembling lasers, they taught me how to troubleshoot them. Then I was taught how to build all the sub assemblies that went into make the laser. They took a Gallop Poll each year and each department worked on an area that was considered a low. Employee feedback was important to them. They treated their employees like gold. If I didn't like the city I would still be working for them. They are AWESOME!
Pros
Great management, great work environment
Cons
The City (Chicago and surrounding areas)
Enjoyed working at NGC
FLIGHT INSPECTOR (QA) (Current Employee) –  MDJune 13, 2018
Good company to work for.
Aircraft maintenance
Easy Going
Learned about UAV

I enjoyed working there a lot of good people I got to travel alot
A good job.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 12, 2018
It's a good work environment and keeps your mind occupied. There is a lot of different jobs, they pay good. There's just no job security they have lay offs when they get slow and it's random.
Pros
The days go fast.
Cons
Lay offs
Not the best for growth
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  CAJune 12, 2018
Not good for growth, seems to be in the IT field leave it alone, we dont have the budget. if you want to advance you better know someone. Also the tech is always a few years behind the curve, and training is up to you.
Like what I did
Boilermaker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
It was fun working on the Navy ships and the job scopes where all done but not in time. Some had to work 24hrs to complete but all this time we worked hard to get it done not once did we get a bouse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

41%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss