Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 4,278 reviews matching the search See all 4,382 reviews
Slow at times, but overall good
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King George, VANovember 20, 2018
Slow times for some positions, but other times, work picks up and lasts for several months. Great group of people in my group and benefits work for me and my family.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
No advancement possibilities
Great company if you are in it for the long haul
Cyber Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 20, 2018
I've been with NGC for approximately 18 years. I very much like the company and feel at home here. Not too many opportunities for mid-career professionals. Big push to hire and retain millennials. Once you reach top of salary in your position don't expect any raises or promotions. Besides that overall great company to work for.
Pros
Work life balance; teleworking
Cons
No opportunity for advancement if you are mid-career
Good Overall
Lead Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDNovember 19, 2018
It was a productive place to work.
Good work environment with friend co workers.
I enjoyed my time there, will like to find a similar work place that is equally challenging and rewarding.
Decent job
Personnel Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 18, 2018
The organization has great checks and balance, when people excute them. Job was fulfilling. I was able to help employees obtain answers to questions regarding the company. Employees made it rewarding and enjoyable.
Fun, Fastpaced Workplace
Engineer - Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 17, 2018
Contracting is extremely competitive and although the uncertainty of a continued position after the contract has reached its term is very stressful, I could never have worked with a better qualified, supportive and "family" oriented team!
A fun place to work, great teammates
Dynamics Test Conductor (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 16, 2018
It's a pleasure to work in the Dynamics department. The team is great as a whole. I have been able to grow from Mechanical Laboratory Analyst to a Dynamics Test Conductor.
Pros
I was able to plan my daily activities on most of my tasks
Cons
Inexperienced management
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 15, 2018
nice place to work, start the day off with job forecast on job assignments, always safety meetings and quality meetings shop cleanliness, people helping people,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
n/a
Fast pace, well work environment
Structures Mechanic (Current Employee) –  PalmdaleNovember 15, 2018
Everyone gets along with others and the mentors are willing to work with you. The location is close to any one who lives in the AV. And the company pays for your college.
Pros
Pays college
Cons
Management, health care
Shipyard
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 14, 2018
Good place to work, just hope you get good management. Do your job and be back on time from lunch, talk to people in the Union to be safe, and secure.
Worst job experiences
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 14, 2018
-very dysfunctional and slow processes
-a pattern of very poor team management if you have new hires leaving within a month and a half month
-the worst onboarding process.
I had to wait a month from when I accepted the position to start which I have never seen in my life. and even after that month I still had to continue to fill out paperwork as recently as this week. It’s like pulling tooth and nails to gain simple access. NG is the archaic, slow and inefficient. You guys had me become your errand boy and waste time going back and back to offices to get and drop off birthday and etc cards, nowhere in my job description was that listed, I didn’t complain about th

It is dumbfounding that my first day was not simply taking my photo for my badge and then providing me all my needed accesses and laptop since they had me wait a month to start here. I did not have a laptop for almost two weeks, then after getting the loaner laptop being behind the eight ball as the rest of my coworkers were able to perform their job duties a lot better than myself as they had all of the necessary equipment and accesses needed to perform their job duties. I Finally received my permanent laptop on 10/4 which is almost a month from starting at NG. Then I did not receive the necessary SAP access until one day short of a month of starting at NG which is essential for the financial position which I had followed up around 7 times, again which shows that NG doesn’t employ the right people as nothing should take 7 follow ups to get it resolved. Who would have thought to give a “Financial Analyst” financial
  more... SAP Transactions necessary to do their job would be equivalent to the time it takes to build a house from scratch Then to work remote you have to have a special badge which with how ridiculously slow your process is In my opinion i would not have received until 2019 which is absolutely ludicrous.

I completely understand why NG has such a large turnover it’s due to your very slow, redundant, and archaic processes that make current employees, new hires/contractors want to look elsewhere for opportunities rather than be part of that defective work environment. If anyone asks me if they should work at NG, I will without any reservation tell them to look elsewhere to save them from the misery of working at NG.
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable: poor management, slow processes, redundancy, miserable workplace

Want to know more about Northrop Grumman?

Ask a question
Excellent structure and culture
Hunter AVO (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 14, 2018
Northrop Grumman is an amazing company to work for. They have outstanding benefits, a great culture of employees, and very lucrative pay scales. The work is fairly precise and structured. Management is outstanding. The hardest part of the job is being away from loved ones.
Pros
Excellent benefits, pay, culture
Cons
Deployed
Care about their employees
Virtual Server Administrator - Mid Level (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCNovember 14, 2018
I did not work at a Northrop Grumman location but was a contractor at a US Marine Corps base. They have great education assistance and health care plans. They truly care about their employees and I never felt like a number.
MANAGER OF PROGRAMS (Current Employee) –  Hayden, ALNovember 14, 2018
Good place to work. Rewards open minded effective personal- major defense contractor with room for growth. I felt leadership did a fair job of development with employees, sustained employment Is based on the individual.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Pay
Low Morale
Supply Chain Planning Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21409November 14, 2018
Took a position in Annapolis by the water maybe I was more excited about the view of the bay bridge than the job. Low morale, poor management, good ole boys club, with minimal room to grow and long hours.
Pros
the view
Cons
the job atmosphere
Depending on the Program, NGC is a decent employer
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 14, 2018
While you have a great management organization, your work within this company can be fantastic. There are good benefits, a decent working environment, and they respect the different diversities within work, individual and personal styles. My only complaint would be that the opportunities for advancement and growth can be kneecapped when you are on a program with unhealthy levels of attrition. It is hard to get placed on other programs or to be respected for the services provided, some even outside of the job description, when consideration is made for promotion. While there are good and bad programs, the NGTS working sector is a relatively decent place to work.
Good company
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2018
Good company. A lot of older engineers from the westinghouse days are still there, but the younger employees are on the rise. If your looking for a place to grow this is a good company.
Professional Environment
Manager of PCB Design Engineering (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 13, 2018
Working at Northrop Grumman affords a professional environment and opportunities for advancement. The nature of being a government contractor does make for precarious job security.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Unpredictable layoffs
great work
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CANovember 13, 2018
work with engineers to accomplish tasks to finish a project.
worked with tools and engineering prints to built space system components. management was excellent great workplace culture and environment. Some difficult tasks, but a rewarding job.
Pros
fun rewarding work
Cons
lots of hours
Great company to work for
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 13, 2018
Loved seeing how F18 were made and being a part of the production. Great employees and managers. Loved the hours and the time off during the holiday seasons.
Pros
Early Hours
Cons
No pay during shut down due to being contract labor employee
Contract position
Designer (Contract work) (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MINovember 13, 2018
I worked on contract for this company, as a designer, working with 3D drawings, assembly, detailing, revisions, ect.

job was only a temporary position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.5K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

41%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss