Northrop Grumman

Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA421 reviews
Very satisfying atmosphere from the interest level of the job tasks to the personality of each individual coworker.
Managers are quite helpful in areas of procedure and reference material. The nature of the work itself keeps the tasks intriguing and exciting.
Northrop Grumman is a great company with core values that include excellence, transparency, diversity and inclusion, leadership and high-bar performance
Pros
Managers create a healthy work environment
Cons
Managers create an unhealthy work environment, micromanagement, apparently in response to directives from the customers, it was really a surprise to me because it was quite opposite of my most experience with the company
I have enjoyed my time at Northrop Grumman. My manager was great to work for and always gave us the opportunity to learn more. There is also a lot of chance to move up.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is an American global aerospace and defense technology company. With 90,000 employees and an annual revenue in excess of $30 billion, it is one of the world's largest weapons manufacturers and military technology providers.
My day at work is pretty competitive. I like doing what i am doing at my job. i learned a lot of new stuffs every day. Working in a government agency actually makes me feel good.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I enjoy working there as an Engineer. My colleagues are great people to be around with including management. Very relaxed environment. The benefits that are included are excellent.
Work-life balance has improved. Overall it's a good company. They do train and try to sustain employees. With what is going on today they have a challenge.
Lots of dynamic situations and a quickly moving environment, good opportunity to network and see different aspects of the cleared industry and what is involved in supported large projects.
I've worked at three different NG locations and I feel managers want employees to advance their careers. I appreciate the performance review methods and the competitive salary.
Pros- Work/life balance- very flexible and understanding. Education assistance- excellent program

Cons- No opportunities for advancement unless you're 'in' with people/groups. Compensation is not good compared to similar organizations. Far too many employees who only delegate.

NG's mantra should be- It's not what you know, it's who you know
Engineering is hard work regardless of the employer.
As a Software Engineer I have grown technically and professionaly.

Management is fair to it's employees.
The project was specifically centered on the employment of a software system for personnel travel activities that encompassed the total aspects of travel and settlement for travel expenses.
Northrop Grumman acquired Orbital ATK a year and a half ago and they are still working through the transition to the Northrop way of doing things. The procurement team has a diverse mix of great of people.
Overall, the company isn't that bad. Culure is clickly, managers are hit and miss and they are stretched thin on tasks, the pay sucks. I was in finance/business management and my salary sucked. I referred a friend into the engineering group and his salary didn't match the work he was doing. I had few other friends in different areas who too had lower than average salaries.
People are smart and easy to work with. The scrum master is very understanding of when you take time off and almost always get approved when you have doctor appointment or anything.
I was shoved in last minute, so I don't blame them for me not having much to do. I spent most of my time making sure things were up to date on spreadsheets and doodling on sticky notes. Paid well though.
Someone who enjoys solving problems for a customers and giving back to the mission. A career intelligence officer who served in the USA and other government agencies in support of national objectives.
They hired many people but they did not have
Enough PC and space for all

Production supervisor / manager was not friendly

They have some good training courses
One of the best places that I have had the opportunity to work for. I highly recommend that those exploring the job market consider potential opportunities at this company.
Been with NG for almost 5 year. I'm not impressed with their management style. Working on a customer site, you're very disconnected from headquarters, so have the time you don't know what's going on the company.
The company offers a broad range of work in defense contracting as well as in the commercial space sector. Many opportunities to move around. Benefits are typical for a company of this size.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northrop Grumman.