Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 4,132 reviews matching the search See all 4,232 reviews
Contract work at on-site facility and various locations
Operations Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 23, 2018
Most job requirements can only be met by former military officers with 20 years or more experience. Frequent, extended travel continued to increase throughout my tenure. The ability to interact with soldiers and commanders, training them for their wartime mission was very satisfying.
Pros
Adequate medical, dental and 401k benefits
Cons
Extended work hours and travel
Great place to work and live.
IPT Mechanical Engineer V (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to gain work experience and interfacing with world class people in their field. The facility is clean and the work environment is very professional.
Pros
great people and work experience
Cons
on going site construction
Typical contract company
Engineer 2, Software Development (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 23, 2018
Laid off twice, first time no assistance was given. Second time was an improvement. However, at some point they decided to save money and dropped clearance maintenance to save money. But in reality, no one could get a job in another location......
Great Company
Procurement Contracting Official (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Great Company to work for with a lot of Growth and opportunity within the industry. They treat their employees very well with work life balance and compensation.
Remote site work location.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 21, 2018
updating site data bases, taking service calls when they were dispatched.
Different types of equipment and networking.
Management was easy to work with.
Professional work atmosphere.
On call service hours were sometimes long.
Servicing a diverse group of clients.
Pros
Financial institutions I was responsible for servicing
Cons
On call service hours required.
Northrop Grumman is a good employer to work for.
Lead Cyber Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Northrop provides a good working environment and support for what needs to be done. They encourage openness and innovation. They provide support through periodic recognition through lunches, after hour activities, and opportunities for charitable work.
Job quality is site or contract dependent.
Tactical Data Link Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Typical day is 8.5 hours (30 minutes off for lunch), on a rotating shift of 0700-1530, 0800-1630, 0900-1730 depending on shift. Wide latitude on personal space and operations, managers expect you know what you are doing and tend to avoid micromanagement; conversely if you do not know what to do you will need to speak to our site or departmental manager, due to the previous assumption.
Pros
Strong, Technical Workforce
Cons
Leadership will sacrifice workforce for favorable contracts.
Terrible experience
Capital Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 19, 2018
The benefits are good, but the management is terrible. I did not have the best experiences because I was not considered at favorite by management. I cleaned up after the favorites.
benefits
Cons
management
Redeployment Efforts/ HR Communications Needs Improvement
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 19, 2018
The communications between HR, hiring managers and staff needs much improvement. There is no clear process for redeployment of staff, and very little communication from HR during this process.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 18, 2018
great place to work, great benefits, Good management. great environment. international company, many areas for advancement. competitive salary, Great.
Your are valued!
Executive Assistant to President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 18, 2018
My work with Northrop Grumman was valued. I worked with and assisted top leadership executives as well as collaborated with many great people. I was productive and useful in every aspect of my job and was recognized accordingly. I would highly recommend working at Northrop Grumman.
production opertator II
Production Operator II (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 17, 2018
I wasn't with this company very long, but you want me to rate regional company (Thiokal), It was a great job I enjoyed the work I done there. I work on the space shuttle Nozzel and worked inthe bonding departemnt
Northrop Grumman
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2018
Northrop Grumman was a great company to work for. They compensate you fairly, have great financial benefits (401k, etc.), and decent health/PTO benefits.
northrup grumman is a great place to work, things have changed in the past few years and have seen many changes and exploring opertunities
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 17, 2018
working for Northrup has been a wonderful experience, since this is the first big aerospace company I have worked for and have heard so many good things about others in this area just want to feel things out on the outside to see what else is out there.
Productive work space
Logistics Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
Working here is nice. My team is awesome - good workers who get along. My manager, Eufredo Matas, is amazing - one of the best. I feel relaxed and welcomed here.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Weird lunch break time (42 min)
The most Enjoyable part of the Day
Marketing/Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the day was always when the work Day started and when the work Day ended. It started to get difficult for me to work extended hours after doing it for so long.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Sub Par Management
Sweatshop!
Senior Structures Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Northrop Grumman Saint Augustine has become, because of the unrealistic production expectations, a sweat shop. They bring people in with little or no experience, give them a couple of days of training and put them on the floor. Then they(management) want to know why the scrap and repair rate are so high.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Electronics Engineer
Electronics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 15, 2018
They did mass hiring and placed me in an area I did not enjoy working. My managers switched every 3 months. Too many young people and not enough experienced workers.
Pros
Hiring Bonus, Relocation, and Decent Salary
Cons
Bad management
Northrop Grumman is an excellent place to work.
Security Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2018
Very busy environment however friendly when no one wants to be called down to the Security Department. Job could be stressful if you didn't keep up with UPDATED MEMOS. Communication was a number one Key for our department to know and be alert about what was going on in our environment for we were capable of being targets due to our clearance level.
Wonderful Working Experience
Assembly and Test Technician-ATK (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 14, 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about my entire working experience and am grateful for the opportunity they provided for me. They have given me a lot of information that I will use in my next career choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.5K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight