Northrop Grumman logo

Northrop Grumman insights

Based on 1,201 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Found 5,827 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,996 reviews

Great company

Featured review

Northrop Grumman selected this as a representative review
An amazing company, understands the military and provides a great culture. I would love to work the rest of my life at the company. They will help you with obtaining your goals and leave you in a good place for retirement.

It’s okay

Nothing really to get excited over it’s a job that’s pretty much it pays good but good luck moving up in the company unless you have a brown nose. Year raises are a joke and moving to different areas are even more of a joke.

Pros

Good pay, good pto

Cons

Don’t care about employees, benefits suck

Good work life balance, poor managment

The work life balance here is great, i work as an engineer and i can move hours around as needed. Received a new manager and still have not received my promotion, graduated top of my class and my friends have since left northrop or the company they were with and are now making substantially more money. Many production techs here are not career focused can make some aspects difficult. Managment refuses to fire anyone, engineering or technitions which is a detriment to production and general operations. Lots of hard working people and lots of lazy people. No windows, old office furniture, stained carpet. Not a very inspiring place to work. Definatley rate focused over quality which they dont realize is costing them.

Pros

Hours are resonable, can ofset time

Cons

Tiny bonus, no stock discounts, yearly raises barely cover inflation unless your a top performer

Different airframe and experience

Their HR is pathetic, couldn't get my pay straight and was confusing to see the pay i was entitled to. Not to mention they couldn't get my benefits started for my dependent. I was out of pocket the full amount for dental and vision. The managers still haven't paid my PTO 30+ hours of pay. Wouldn't recommend working there direct, contract is way bettter(strom). Don't do westwind as they are stopping per diem.

Pros

Na

Cons

have to walk to 3 different hangers and 6 tool cribs before you start a job. Dont need tools, but most of their tools are unservicable and have rfid chips that prevent you from doing your job.

Great work life balance and advancement opportunities

Love working for Northrop Grumman. I can’t imagine a better work life balance with another company. Management can vary but I’ve enjoyed my manager. Recommend working here

Forever Career

Lots of opportunities, great diversity and inclusion. Wonderful place to work. They care about everyone and have made my life so much better. I can’t imagine a better place to establish a career.

Pros

Compensation, environment, safety

Cons

It is a good company to start out at and get your foot in the door although it is difficult to land a job at without knowing someone or being from a target school.

Pros

Flex schedule

Cons

Not much remote work

Fun work place

Good to work at, supervisor is friendly and coworkers are helpful when needed. Strongly recommend this employer, they’ll set you up for success. I moved up

Used to be great…

I started at this company a few years ago and it was great. I felt like I had opportunities and that my manager actually cared about his people. Then came the changes. 4 managers in 2.5 years. People making decisions about things they know nothing about. Most of the managers will throw you to the wolves the if they think it will benefit them or promote their bad ideas.

Pros

Great Coworkers.

Cons

Management is Horrible. Bad training.

Not great

It's overrated. Not as good as romanticized. They are much too focused on degrees and make it hard to promote from within. Even when your work is stellar, they will recognize you for sure but will not promote. Manager once told me it was too hard to promote without a degree so he wasn't going to try. Thank God he doesn't work there anymore, he left because he found it too hard to get promoted as well. Experience you gain is awesome. I have been there many years and live what I do, but just know that you will have to work hard to advance if you don't have degree and watch people walk in right out of college pass you by. I'll be leaving the company because they don't appreciate me. But I will be making the most of the experience.

Jobs at Northrop Grumman

See more jobs

Hrbp

Environmentp of a defense contractor that will give ability to move around but can have favoritism through the roof. Good place to get started, and large company so it is what you make of it:

Like High School 2.0

The production line is very cliquey. Favoritism is a big part of getting promoted. Pay is good to start but it is about who you know in order to get trained and promoted. Word of mouth and the rumor mill are very prevalent.

Pros

Good pay, Good Benefits

Cons

Poor management

Great Work Life Balance

This company has been exceeded above and beyond my expectations. It’s progressively getting more diverse and the coworkers are awesome. Love the company culture.

Overall Good Company; Too Much Political Correctness

Northrop Grumman was a very satisfying company to work for at my level; I was a Site Lead at an international location. The company has a female President/CEO and is highly managed in senior positions by women, so they tend to lean heavily toward political correctness. Some of the internal company processes are not very user friendly but the individual has little choice except to make the process work. My particular job was a government contract project, which can be unreliable from year to year due to expiring option years and the potential cancellation of contracts.

Pros

Comprehensive Benefits Package, Excellent Pay

Cons

Limited work locations in my career field.

Great place to develop and grow

NG has its faults at times (any company this large will have bureaucratic issues) but overall it is a fantastic place to grow and develop. Leadership is sharp and willing to make change to support the programs, and midlevel leadership is better than most I have seen. There are many different facilities and businesses within the greater NG enterprise, so there are a lot of opportunities to hop around and try something new.

Pros

Large retiring workforce means plenty of growth opportunities

Cons

The bureaucratic nature of a large enterprise

Productive workplace

Working here is a great company to be with. The company offers great benefits. The workplace culture has some great people. Good place to work at to start career.

Different life style , could use some restructuring in the middle management area

Middle to upper management needs to be restructured. Most are or have the all about me attitude. Production Control 100% needs an overhaul. Hard to get rid of the bad apples.

Pros

Great hours, some pretty awesome people here, decent benefits, good pay, location is cool

Cons

No family here unless upper management, or family status. Need mire sense of direction!

Solid place to work and it has many tracks you can take for growth. Good matching for 401k and Management really seems to care. I Like the company a lot.

Great company to work for if

This is a great place to work assuming you get lucky enough to work in a location that has the proper management that will allow you to succeed in you job. If you get on the other end of the coin, I would try to relocate as soon as possible. You are just a number here.

Low stress, but also low pay!

I work in the Information Technology department and I do enjoy the people that I work with. The pay is industry average at best, but the 9/80 schedule is definitely the most enjoyable perk. The workplace culture is pretty laid back on most days and 90% of the people I encounter are friendly. The hardest part of the job is the pay and also how upper management can be pretty far removed. I have worked here for almost 2 years and have yet to meet my department manager.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Pay

Great benefits, horrible management

I see worked at this place for almost 2 years, when I got hired on I was told I’d receive the training to be able to advance in the company. After being told all I had to do is sign up by multiple different people I never received any further information about the position till I put in my two weeks. Never listen to a word from the higher ups. All management there will stab you in the back. Only thing good is their benefits. Want to grow? Be a complete jerk to everyone and talk down to people, that’s how you grow

Benefits

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3K
2.1K
1.1K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss