Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 4,407 reviews matching the search See all 4,511 reviews
Best employer I’ve ever had
NUCLEAR ENTERPRISE CLEARINGHOUSE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 19, 2019
They treat you like a valued asset and do everything they can to help you achieve more and support your career. Once my branch was closing they even offers training in some of my lesser skills to help me potentially stay with them in other capacities. I was respected and treated like the professional I was and I will always treasure that has the most positive workplace I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Fast paced
Can be good for some but bad for others.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I have worked in the aviation industry for over 20 years worked from repair stations to manufacturing to fabrication. All over and worked on so many different projects and aircrafts. Northrop from my opinion is good for people if you are young, and play the game it's very corporate if you chase the carrot and do what you are told hang out with management and do all the party favors trust me managment knows what I am talking about. Then you are in with the click, but if you have experience and are good at what you do and try to implement changes that you seen somwhere else because you been and seen better they dont want to hear it and want to black ball you. I have been past up through the years by people with 1 to 2 years in the business and making more money than I am now with over 20 years so if northrop wants to keep you on the lower scale they will. The problem is these young guys get these advancement then think they are somebody. The goal for these guys is to become a mechanic then become a manager and northrop is good at advancing the what we call the ones that are getting fast tracked, the nepetism is ridiculous in this place they get there friends of friends in and move them up because to be honest with you its palmdale,ca who is from here no one but the people in palmdale and a majority these workers have all gone to school with eachother or are friends of friends so yes it is hard to advance being the outsider traveling from other cities. So before I keep rambling cause I could write a book. If you are friend and from palmdale and grown up with these guys and play  more... the game drink the kool aid then you are in. If you come from anywhere else with experience not so much. Plus there benefits are good but way to costly. Work life can be how you choose it. Shut down is good, not many paid holidays but who does that anymore in corps. Retirement is average, like most , they do take from there bottom line and is apparent. If I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now i would of never left my job at previous employment. Alot of inexperienced in high level jobs that most of these guys would of had to put there time in anywhere else so get alot of dissatisfied employees and only few happy ones. Most of our time is talking trash about the company. The ones who talk good are the ones being moved up. Job security is what has kept me here. Plus met some good people here.  less
Pros
Work life, shutdown, job security, friends hook up friends
Cons
No advancement for outsiders, low pay for the good workers, cjcs pay scale sucks and is ineffective, benefits cost to much, poor management, not much for retirement, working conditions sucks wears you down.
Poor management ruins good employees
Heavy Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I would never work for Northrop Grumman VSS again. The management/supervision treat their employees poorly. The pay is decent and the benefits are good.
No flexibility, No advancement
Process Engineer 3 (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 17, 2019
The best part about Northrop is the work/life balance. But it is government work so it is slow and no fun at all. Advancement is pretty tough as well.
Na
Business Management/Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDJanuary 17, 2019
Great company with great benefits. Wages could be higher but otherwise great place to work. Many competitors pay more for the same job so there is some turnover is certain areas
Good company
Project Manager F-35 Stealth Fighter (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Good company. Great company if you are millennial. If you are a seasoned, skilled person, it is difficult to get things done. Good technology, flexible schedules. Younger generation does not work well with older
Pros
limited responsibility, accountability, authority
Cons
limited responsibility, accountability, authority
Its ok
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 17, 2019
It was one of the top companies that I had listed coming out of A&P school until I got there and became an employee and realized it wasn't a place for a young enthusiast as such as myself
Thought I would get to stay
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  DCJanuary 16, 2019
Only heard good things about Northrop Grumman and was very excited to be hired. Unfortunately, the little corner of the company I worked in didn't really care about keeping their people when contracts were downsized. Too many other priorities were at play and I was pushed to the wayside. Unfortunate, the benefits at the time I worked there were outstanding.
Global Supply chain
Subcontracts Administrator (SCA) (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDJanuary 16, 2019
GSC is the worst place to work for this company. Buyers are treated like bottom feeders. Come in upper level or go to another business area. I came in in 2016 at entry level and have been dealing with pure in professionalism since.
Pros
Flex schedule, ability to work remotely, end of year shut down
Cons
Managers who don’t honor flex schedule and ability to work remotely. Nepotism is great, but not when everyone isn’t treated properly
Northrop Grumman
Technology System Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for. Great opportunities to grow and advance ones career. Management is very supportive in helping early career individuals grow.
Pros
Great Benefits
Place for old and slow people
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 16, 2019
Not a faced paced environment or very challenging. Work here if you have a family and are not looking to advance professionally. Wages are low compared to competitors and they charge the government a premium.
Good Company for Information Technology
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 15, 2019
Northrop Grumman is more than a defense contractor and has grown IT services and technologies agressively since the early 2000's. In my experience Northrop did suffer from have non-technical managers leading engineers and developers especially in the IT segments of the company. Northrop Grumman's Cyber services are also constantly changing which can be confusing to it's employees and perspective clients.
Technically demanding and rewarding
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
NG provides a technically demanding and highly rewarding career. Benefits are excellent and employees are of the highest caliber. Would have stayed and retired from company if husbands military service didn't require us to move.
Northrop Grumman gives employees a good benefits package
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2019
We are very good place for Veterans to work and care about our veterans. Compensation packages are better than most. The facilities are kept clean and it is pleasant environment to work in
Pros
Health care package
Cons
Some departments budget cuts have hit hard
Contract to Perm is much pay difference
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Worked for a year as a contractor and made just as much as i was offered to go perm. Made more than double taking a position with a mortgage company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
Good productive work environment, respect for the individual, collaborative work force.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FL and worked from homeJanuary 14, 2019
Northrop Grumman was a very enjoyable place to work. The management is very concerned about your work life balance and is aways striving to make your work experience enjoyable. Your co-workers are very collaborative and always willing to help when you need help.
The hardest part of my job as a project manager was not having dedicated people assigned to my project(s). We worked in a matrixed environment where some key personnel were assigned to other projects and at times those other projects took precedence over my project causing schedule delays, and causing me to have for a suitable work around.
What I really liked about my job was that management gave you the space to work out project issues on your own, they did not breath down your neck and did not micro manage you. It was a very professional work environment, but when you needed help, of advice, or assistance a with an issue, upper management was there to guide you through your issue.
Overall it was a very pleasant work experience.
Pros
Good pay, professional environment, ability to work from home
Cons
Sometimes work load go to be a little heavy, running multiple project concurrently.
Overall, a good aerospace company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Your experience will depend a lot on your location and program.

In the Aerospace Systems sector, I have found certain commonalities across the country / different programs:

1) Hiring salary is good, followed by mediocre raises mid-career, followed by opportunities to move up (at increased salary). If you stay with the company for a number of years, you will need to be proactive about managing your own career for continued growth.

2) Overall culture is good, and people tend to be nice. Company and employees adhere to good ethics. People are frequently willing to take time out of their day to help each other.

3) The company has many interesting projects/programs to work on. They also really like having (lots of) meetings.

4) The company has 401K matching (percentage may vary), and 10 holidays per year, plus accrued vacation. Healthcare options vary significantly by location.

5) Tuition reimbursement is available, but restrictions are tightening, and there are yearly caps. Training and courses have been cut back somewhat. Internal online training through the company's website is emphasized, but this does not have the caliber of courses offered through normal courses / educational institutions.
Large company with plenty of room for advancement
Manufacturing Engineer I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2019
The company has many sectors which allows employees to advance and develop many skills. San Diego Locations follow a 9-80 work week (every other Friday off)
Loved working for NGC
Contracts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 12, 2019
Working for the company that pulls together along with other sub-contractors to complete ships, vessels, rockets for the USA military. What an experience!
Pros
Exposure to the government agencies
Cons
Can't think of any.
Very stable challenging environment
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Overall, I was very pleased with my time at the Northrop Grumman, San Diego (formerly TRW). The pay rate was top notch, and the flexibility of the 9/80 work schedule was beneficial to my outside life.

I would highly recommend the Northrop Grumman Radio Systems division to anyone looking for a good, stable, "family feeling" work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.6K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

41%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss