Northrop Grumman

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Great company

Featured review

Northrop Grumman selected this as a representative review
An amazing company, understands the military and provides a great culture. I would love to work the rest of my life at the company. They will help you with obtaining your goals and leave you in a good place for retirement.

Great Co-workers with Very Limited Advancement Opportunity

Low stress job if you're organized and able to multi-taskLimited opportunities for growth and advancementGreat team that is supportive and always willing to help

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No advancement opportunities

Ok place

Good for your first job out of college. Depending on your team, you will either learn a lot of not much. Good for a little while, gets boring after a while.

Fun project, not enough compensation

Work place was very friendly, management was easy going with us, involved a lot of CAD modeling. Coworkers were super fun to talk to and have had a lot of things in common.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Poor compensation, micromanaging

Sense of purpose and satisfaction

Northrop is a great company to work for!$10k Education reimbursement and 40hrs front loaded PTO. If get hired at a top level for your role. Don’t expect to move up. Try getting in at the highest pay as possible.

Pros

Pto, Work Flexibility, No micromanage

Cons

No advancement, low pay

Fun Workplace with great individuals

I enjoyed working at NG. There are so many opportunities and full of great workers.Can be inefficient at times but the team always rises to the occassion to support the customer.

Pros

PTO/ Work life Balance

Cons

Inconsisent Processes/Clear Career Advancement

Does not support individuals rights and choices

Northrop Grumman does not look out for individuals rights to choose what's best for themselves. They do not financially support the community they reside in.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Individual rights not considered, no support for local communities.

Flexibility in position advancement

I had several great positions at Northrop Grumman, starting as a technician on the B2 bomber, moving into system test engineering, on to System Design for upgrades and then as a lab manager. It was a great place to work! Layoffs were far and few between - most of which had another position you were offered to transfer to.

Pros

Stability of employment

Cons

Sometimes long hours - but with good compensation.

Prison like environment

At Lake City Ammunition Plant I was treated beyond poorly. Disrespectful employees and managers. Human Resources are absolutely just taking notes and no action. Bottom line its the good ole boy system. And if you are a minority you are definitely going to have a dreadful work experience daily.

Pros

Benefits and Compensation

Cons

Strict Management, Long Hours and Intense Environment

Put on your running shoes

Classified environments are very much - go, go, go- if you can keep up, it's a good fit. You'll never be bored and you'll never not learn. Pay is very competitive (still about $0.70 on the $1 for women-so speak to your peers about their pay!)Downfall is that there can be a lot of stress and a lot of deadlines.

Benefits

Cons

Stress

Good culture, diverse people are sought.

Enjoy working for this company for many years. I learned a lot from the Grum-bags I worked with, they are the hardest working people I’ve ever worked for. They are not afraid to get the job done whatever it takes.

Pros

I learned a lot working for them over the years.

Cons

I could not get promoted to save my soul there.

Good Learning experience

There are a million things to learn about here with plenty of opportunities but often as an intern I run out of stuff to do as most tasks are very short term

Excellent place to work

I loved my job and working there, coworkers were nice for the most part(everyone has a bad day). the schedule was to my liking, overtime wasn't a huge issue, plenty of space and time to move around within the company, multiple programs which will train you, security clearance is free while working there(can take up to 2 yrs or so) not a boring job but not exactly thrilling, not a walk in the park job but not back breaking. whole shift spent standing and moving around decent work environment temperature wise.

Pros

Good People, benefits, pay, room for growth

Cons

Layoffs(not often) Must have degree for management and moving up.

What you put in, you get out.

Great place to work if you don't have to many family obligations, as overtime schedules can ramp-up in most areas around the campus. What you put in, you get out. Focus on work, work hard, and go above and beyond and you will quickly become an asset to the company. Decide to get entangled in gossip, work place politics, and brown nosing, and see how it greatly affects your career; especially over time. It doesn't mean don't make friends and have fun while working, but to keep a good professional attitude and that you are there to provide a service and in return you get compensated. Best of luck!

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

N/a

Slow paced but good company

There is good pay and benefits, but culture and sense of accomplishment is not there. Things move pretty slowly in defense and that is just the nature of the industry. I like the flexible work schedule though.

Pros

Good work life balance

Pretty chill, great place to start and learn

The pathways rotation program has its ups and downs. Definitely a good way to figure out what you like and don’t like, but hard to advance or gain great feedback since you’re only there a year and it’s usually halfway in between performance review cycles. The culture is pretty old school, but this also means that it is relatively laid back (depends on area) and the balance is good.

Job security

Not really any risk of lay off. Once you're hired on you're good. The pay sucks but there's room for advancement. Its manufacturing so the job isn't very interesting and very repetitive.

Very interesting work is done out there

Excellent pay and benefits, challenging work. I got along great with all the supervisors and managers. A good amount of vacation and OT, if you want to work extra hours. I spent many weekends out there. Always plenty of work.

Pros

401k, some room for advancement

Cons

Corrupted Union, 1/2 hour lunch, no incentives for new employees

Needs to change their culture

Great pay and job security. But Grumman needs to change their office culture. Managers do not correct bullying or harassment. The culture is very immature.

Pros

Great pay, lots of positions to advance to or change work

Cons

Negative environment, bad management

Great company tied closely to the important mission

Northrop Grumman is closely tied to the important missions they support. Management supports your development but it is still bureaucratic to move up. I had worked at a competitor before and much prefer Northrop Grumman.

Great place to work, and grow

I was trained as a EE and have worked many years as an embedded software engineer, I consider it a big win for being paid well for doing something I enjoy. The work is important to the security of this nation and our allies, which adds to the sense of accomplishment. They discourage OT (which by the way you get paid for, big plus!), expecting you to deliver reasonable accomplishments on time (this by using Agile development methods). The nature of embedded development requires me to be on-site, which I don't mind, since it's what I like to do.I've only had a few bad managers over the years, the vast majority are reasonable and accommodating, if you are not happy with your current situation, the site has many other projects to choose to join. Development cycles run about a year or two, not super frenetic.

Pros

Reasonable work hours, OT is discouraged but paid in any case

Cons

Stock incentives not normally given to tech staff. The best job functions are on-site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northrop Grumman.
Powered byComparably