Northrop Grumman Employee Reviews

Found 3,845 reviews matching the search See all 3,940 reviews
All About the Benjamins
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 13, 2018
Unionized and compartmentalized. Not a good place to learn or grow. A very combative place where parties are very territorial (see unionized). On most assignments I can grow and make inroads. Here there were all sorts of barriers. This seems to be a dinosaur company and a very inflexible one at that. My manager was a good guy who was put in a bad spot and did his best to take care of us.

Also, the cafeteria is terrible. The location was horrible traffic wise.

On the bright side, they made it all worth my while with a good wage and lots of OT.
Pros
Money! Money! Money!
Cons
Unionized, inflexible and compartmentalized
Awesome company
Laser Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 13, 2018
I started as a Laser Tech. I loved working there. When I asked to learn more than assembling lasers, they taught me how to troubleshoot them. Then I was taught how to build all the sub assemblies that went into make the laser. They took a Gallop Poll each year and each department worked on an area that was considered a low. Employee feedback was important to them. They treated their employees like gold. If I didn't like the city I would still be working for them. They are AWESOME!
Pros
Great management, great work environment
Cons
The City (Chicago and surrounding areas)
Enjoyed working at NGC
FLIGHT INSPECTOR (QA) (Current Employee) –  MDJune 13, 2018
Good company to work for.
Aircraft maintenance
Easy Going
Learned about UAV

I enjoyed working there a lot of good people I got to travel alot
A good job.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 12, 2018
It's a good work environment and keeps your mind occupied. There is a lot of different jobs, they pay good. There's just no job security they have lay offs when they get slow and it's random.
Pros
The days go fast.
Cons
Lay offs
Not the best for growth
Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  CAJune 12, 2018
Not good for growth, seems to be in the IT field leave it alone, we dont have the budget. if you want to advance you better know someone. Also the tech is always a few years behind the curve, and training is up to you.
Like what I did
Boilermaker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2018
It was fun working on the Navy ships and the job scopes where all done but not in time. Some had to work 24hrs to complete but all this time we worked hard to get it done not once did we get a bouse.
Overall disappointing experience
Product Trainer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 12, 2018
Like myself, other employees with a many of years in the company were treated poorly and unfairly. This company used to be a great place to work or start a career. It has gone down the drain the past few years.
Not a bad place, but a little irksome for interns
Intern, Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 11, 2018
I was hired as an intern there for about a year.

While everything started off rather typically (fix tiny bugs, etc), by the end of things, I was knee-deep in code doing complicated enhancement requests like a "real" developer.

Suffice it to say, it's a great way to gain experience. But it's also a little frustrating to working as hard as the salaried devs but without any PTO or other benefits and for half the pay or less.
Pros
great coworkers, plenty of opportunity
Cons
stern atmosphere, arguably unfair treatment of interns
Contract was unstable
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 11, 2018
My time at NG was great. Overall the pay was good until certain contract requirements caused the pay to be cut across the board. Other than the pay cut we took which wasn't actually Northrops fault everything else was great. I enjoyed my time working with them. Maybe someday I can work for them again.
Pros
Competitive Benefits
Cons
Contract work
Odd SItuation
SAP Delivery & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  ViriginaJune 11, 2018
I believe that NG is probably a good company to work for, but not at the site and program I was attached to. The skillsets for this contract were not typical of NG, so it was difficult to find additional opportunities.
Subcontract Manager (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 11, 2018
Unfortunately the work/life balance is not great at Northrop. Expectation is to work extra hours at no pay as most employees are salaried. Upper management lacks the necessary ability to people manage.
Benefits
Cons
compensation is not competative compared to local companies
Designer II (Nuclear Piping Propulsion Plant) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 10, 2018
productive work environment, I don't work for Northrop Grumman anymore. they sold their share to Huntington Ingalls. some I can not answer these question. they where part of Newport news shipbuilding when I first started in the shipyard.
Very competitive work place.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 10, 2018
Great place to work. Very competitive and professional environment. Great pay and benefits. Great place to work for long term job. Family oriented environment.
Sensors and Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2018
Northrop Grumman is a great company to work for. Very nice culture, work ethic and nice coworkers. Work schedule is plenty accommodating and management pretty understanding for the most part.
Contractor for 1 client
DB2 DBA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 9, 2018
I was a contractor and they only had one client for me.
When that client didn't need me anymore they didn't help to find another.
I was suppose to have a mentor but they left the a week later and they only worked 1/2 days.
Pros
Pay check on time.
Cons
No education, no sick leave, or vacation.
Quickly paced, physically intensive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 9, 2018
Working for Northrop and Grumman I loved working with the people there. They help each other and collaborate to complete the job. The hardest part of the job is the long shifts, however you get more days off per week than a standard job would have.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
Physically exhausting, long shifts
PowerBuilder Developer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2018
Productive and funny. The time was good. Enjoyed the town of Little Rock Ar. The people are warm and friendly. Family time is great. You will love it!.
Pros
Ok
northrop was great
Structure Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 9, 2018
northrop was great,i recommend it. i did everything there , please see resume, the only down side was the location in Palmdale california plenty of worj there longevity is a bonus, i moved to new york , that is the reason why i left
Pros
good pay
Cons
in desert
VITA partnership
Network Operations and Implementation Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 8, 2018
This environment given the push pull struggle between the state and Northrop Grumman was very contentious at times.

They like to put engineers in roles and leave them, but do offer opportunity to grow if you are a top performer.
I thoroughly enjoy my management staff and working for Northrop Grumman
Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 8, 2018
Northrop Grumman is a diverse company that offers many perks including upward mobility to their employees. The classes offered at the DAU university is a big incentive for me to continue to learn my craft. The continuous training is encourage by Northrop Grumman.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northrop Grumman. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.4K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

41%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss