NorthShore University HealthSystem Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILMarch 12, 2019
Fast paced, expect a lot of medical assistants and all staff. Allow for learning through classes online and in person (I took a medical terminology class once a week that was approved thru manager)
I love working with doctors and co-workers we all would joke or say somthing to make all of us laugh because we seen 200 paients a day,I love to help
Certfied Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, IL 60031November 25, 2018
I'm a fast learner I like things to be done correctly,I'm a people person and try to solve problems ,I sing in a Gospel Choir and I love it, I was dx with Lupus in 2008 well year's went by I was unable to keep due to pain and other medical issues, my doctor took me off and he did my papers and I'm on disability now, I'm still able to work part time
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
15 minuts break
Not a great atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 4, 2018
Not busy, no communication. Plenty of Work to do besides rooming patients but employees are on their phone instead, handling personal issues. Training was not complete.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Traveling to different locations
Very good place to start your dream career
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 5, 2018
A lot of opportunities to learn in this company. You can work your way up to advance in your career. You also receive help to continue your school while working.
Hard to travel to multiple locations
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILOctober 17, 2017
Unless you like to drive.
Dont do it! Its very stressful going to multiple sites.
Otherwise its a great job. And very good benefits as well. Management is poorly run
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Traveling. Management
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to start and finish. Plenty of movement opportunities within the system. You can work from downtown to Vernon hills with plenty of options .
great place to work
Traveling Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 17, 2017
I was a traveling MA so I have the opportunity to learn so many different things during the time with the patients and company. Traveling was a blessing and curse
Pros
learning different specialties
Cons
driving to so many different location at a short notice
great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 8, 2016
I love my job, the only thing preventing me from giving 5 stars is the poor management that seems to be in most departments
very stressful over worked and unorganized place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 17, 2015
At one point I had loved working for the Family Medicine group even though it was very busy, but after the manager left it all went down hill. Most of the staff is somewhat friendly and helpful but when it came down to the new management it became horrible. Manager does not seem to care for his staff, manager is always in his office never checks on his staff to see if the M.As or triage department needs help to be able to have someone come and help the office, if there are issues in the office management would be told and the manager would not do much about the situation or would take weeks to address the situation. Very poor patient consideration and care, some of the doctors are to fast to the point patients would complain because they were not attended right or in a timely manor. Some doctors would treat employee's like real people others would treat you like your lower then them and would not care for employee's.
Benefits
Cons
bad management, poor staff communication, poor patient care, not paid enough for all they have you doing.
great office to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 18, 2013
Very busy office,great office to work for everyone is very helpful and caring.Doctors are amazing!
Pros
great hours