Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Healthy place to work with competitive pay
Inpatient Oncology/Medical Surgical, RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoy Northside Hospital cultural and benefits package. Continuous education is provided and the supervisor are understanding. I enjoy my colleague and there is room for growth at Northside
Northside Hospital Cherokee
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 17, 2019
I love every day I worked at Northside cherokee. Great work experience, wonderful team work. I especially liked the fact that you could move from one job to another in the same company with training.
Horrible Place to Work. Run! High Turnover.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2019
Soo many rules and paperwork to learn, plus it can change without notice. Upper management is all about saving the company money at the Technologist expense. Under staffed, 3 techs left in 2018 and they have not been replaced. My shift has changed and I had no choice when told my hours would be changing. It was make the change or being threatened with being laid off.

Bad communication all around. I am never told I am doing a good job, but if I make a mistake it is brought to upper management and there are stiff disciplinary actions taken. This is a Very Hard hospital to work at as everyone hates the current management.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Under Staffed; don't like the shift I work and can't change.
Large Hospital
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Its a 3 building hospital large area to cover. Drawing blood from patients at their bedside. processing the blood. catering to the patients every need.
Pros
perks with different companies.
Cons
Doctors could make allied health job hard.
Great people to work around
Courier Connections (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2019
Im a contractor employee which i am their pathology courier. I transport clinical labs from Cherokee hospital to Atlanta hospital 5 times a day. I also am Hippa Certified.
overall pretty good
OPERATING ROOM CIRCULATOR, RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
I think everything about this hospital is spot on, for the most part. They had daycare when I needed it, schedule flexibility, pay is good, benefits are good. It just wasn't close enough to me. Had to change.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Poor attitude with some veteran employees
Very slow paced
Sectetary/scheduler (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 6, 2019
Management was poor and did not have good managment skills and communication. Very unorganized. Rules and documents change daily with no notice till you are getting in trouble.
Excellent
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Northside Hospital is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and management is good. I was able to easily take the day off for personal reasons. I learned a lot in the 5 years I worked in the pharmacy department.
No room for advancement
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 1, 2019
Lots of favoritism shown. No room for advancement, management does not listen to any suggestions. HR does not get back with you, if you have any questions or concerns. HR states that Northside is too big of a company and they don't have time to get back to employees individually.
high stress,over the top demanding
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2019
the northside working environment was not a good fit for me, uncaring management of balance of life. not truthful and forthright. deceitful practices manipulative
Great Place to Work
Sr. Enterprise IS Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2019
This is a great place for a Project Manager to work. The IS division is very professional and the Managers are fair and easy to get along with. I would recommend this to any person looking to broaden their scope of work experiences. The interaction with the different parts of the Business Office and It Server and networking teams are the best to work with.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Would like more Work from Home
Amazing place to work
IT Microsystems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Amazing place to work, perfect balance between fun and business. The average day was consistent and work was slow every time. Management and staff were friendly and easy to work with.
Northside was a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Med/Surg Unit) (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Northside was a good place to work, as long as you remain a bedside nurse. If you are looking for any management position, that is a different story.
Not a good place to work.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Micromanagement and politics. Very unhappy place to work. Full of drama and employee conflicts. The political ladder isn't good for employees who don't "Fit in" to a certain culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanagement and bad supervisors. Unfairness.
Good job
MICROSYSYTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
great people loved the environment. Management was awesome and team work was the best loved my co workers and the experience of working in a hospital it was a pleasure.
Ok place to work
Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
No advancement for patient care technicians, in order to get paid well you need experience, turn over is terrible, very busy at times, management doesn't really care about you
Hospital job
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Very strict policies and procedures to remember and abide by on a daily basis. This company does pay but in comparison to other metro hospitals the pay is relatively low
High energy, high volume of patients on a daily basis.
RADIOLOGY TECH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Northside Hospital is an awesome employer. There are opportunities for advancement in other areas of the hospital but in Radiology I would be required to go back to school and at my age I am not willing to do that. Most days begin with a small volume but it gets busier as the day wears on. I have learned working in a hospital how to deal with all sorts of people and situations. Some days the workload seems impossible with the amount of staff vs. the volume of patients. The hardest part of the job is realizing that some people will not be satisfied with their healthcare experience no matter what. I find it very rewarding to help patients and they recognize me for it on a personal level.
Pros
Great benefits, everyone gets along with each other and we are left alone in order to do our jobs.
Cons
Dealing with unruly patients.
n/a
ED Tech II (Nights (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Pros

Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone

Cons

None really - i have worked at 2 other consultancies and this is by a mile the best.

Advice to Management

As the company grows make sure that we keep the culture
its okay dont think i could do it everyday
Church (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 16, 2019
a hospital is a good job but i love kids a lot better then a hospital that dosent have kids at all its fine but i would reather have kids to make feel better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight