Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Hospital system
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 22, 2018
My time was great there. I worked two locations as a float and 5 main doctors. They had great positions, training, and the credit union was special for us all in just your first 6 months. Hated to leave, but the distance was to much on my car after the first year there in traffic.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Northside Hospital is a great place to advance medically within your career.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work would require prior preparation to shift and learning how to develop a routine towards work performance. The management was sufficient at the required performance. The culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was receiving unexpected patients arriving from the ER or other facilities. The easiest part of the job was the co-workers and maintaining a steady work flow.
Pros
Down time to complete the required continuing education courses
Cons
Not having the time to complete tasks because of high patient volume or inadequate staffing
Great co-workers, poor management and pay
PCT (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMay 18, 2018
I LOVED my co-workers but always had the feeling like no matter how hard you try, you can't do anything right in managment' s eyes and no amount of suggestion or reccomendation for improvement is ever heard. The new techs out of school make more than experienced techs and there's no room for advancement. It's a stepping stone position, not a place to stay.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, pay
Good job
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Its a great job, but the workers are ghetto bullies that make it a difficult working enviroment. The Management team have their favorites like any other job.
Pros
Free lunch and Drinks, McDonalds in Cafeteria
PCT II @ Northside Hospital
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Working in Oncology a person will get burned out physically & mentally. However, you have to have to be compassionate person with an empathetic heart.
Pros
Always working hours available..
Cons
Hard on your body; physically and mentally.
A nice place to work
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit / PCCC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
I would like to work there again and refer my friends too.
The staff is very accommodating and leadership awesome.They come around making sure everyone is comfortable and offer help if need be.
Great Company
Server/Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Northside is a great company to work for with a solid history, good reputation, and resources available to help you become successful in your position.
Pros
Compensation, Full Benefits, Pto
Cons
Like most large Orgs, they're slow to move/make decisions
No complaints
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 14, 2018
Northside is a wonderful place to work and I still enjoy my time here. The organization has provided me the opportunity to grow and develop myself professionally.
Data entry
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2018
Northside hospital is a good company, I learned alot
I feel that it is also good to want to explore new
Opportunities..
My most enjoyable part of my job. Is knowing that
I am helping the patients. A typical day at work. Is
Bascially getting my area ready so that. I have all
The tools and information that I need to assist the
Patients... Also I assist with pre-registration for
New mom's. So that all admissions paperwork will
Be ready for when patients are admitted.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Flu shots
There is room for improvement
PCT II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2018
There is definitely a lack of respect for the employee. Upper management needs to take a good look and the big picture and not constantly trying to cut corners.
Nice place to work
Geriatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  georgiaMay 9, 2018
Northside Hospital Forsyth was a nice place to work. They focus heavily on staff education and promote learning opportunities. Nice place to work. !
Northside Hospital
Full time position in the Radiology department (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 9, 2018
Fast paced clean professional costly hospital. My manager is now gone as am I. We both relocated to different companies being there was not a location available to either of us. The hardest part was the pricing when people could not afford healthcare. The most enjoyable part was helping my community.
unprofessional & inconsiderate Managment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 8, 2018
I would recommend this job because you stay moving around you can always find something to do but be cautious do your job and simply go home your not there to make friends
Productive and fun
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 8, 2018
Excellent place to work! Made great friends while having a relaxed daily routine. Culture was great too. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Catered lunches
Cons
slow to increase compensation
Best hospital in Georgia!
Na (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
I absolutely love working at Northside! I think they do a great job of listening to employees and making changes to help keep morale positive. It is growing so fast that there can be “growing pains” every now and then, but it’s a wonderful company that puts customer service first. I leave every day knowing I have made a difference and feel valued. I will stay at NSH as long as they will have me!
Good Place to work
Administrative Asst /CME Coordinator - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
Flexible hours. Good communication throughout organization. Very fast paced. Many activities to get involved in. Large number of training opportunities for staff.
Overall Northside is a good place to work
Unit Secretary/Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GAMay 7, 2018
Very Competitive work place to work, I enjoyed my co-workers and , the stability it brought to me and my family. My benefits was very good and reasonably cost.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Advancement
Nice Pension Plan
Radiology Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
Has a nice Pension Plan that no other hospital have right now. The staff is the nicest people you ever want to work with...everyone very cordial and empathetic.
Pros
Pension Plan
Cons
Unorganized company...policies and procedures for departments not made by staff but corporate
northside hosp
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
I was able to help patients that need someone to talk to with they were worry about their surgery or test. I would try and make patients feel comfortable. I had some pt that would always ask for me
Pros
the people
Cons
short lunches
General Consensus
Medical Technologist, Point of Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2018
Northside Hospital (Atlanta Campus) is great if you enjoy a busy, fast-paced work environment. Management within the lab is not the best however. Communication desperately needs improvement, and Northside seems to "behind the times" in regards to technology and advancements. The turnover rate is very high, however its what you make it. The benefits are great, and the company in general takes care of its employees. Northside INVESTS in their employees offering tuition reimbursement and a credit union.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management, Outdated technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northside Hospital.

Powered by Comparably