Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Registrar (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 8, 2018
I love my job,not a day that I regret being there. The staff is wonderful,really enjoy working in the er. The hardest part of my job is seeing sickly people but knowing they're in the right place and recieving great care
Not enough emplyee incentives
Precertification Supervisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2018
Northside needs to award their employees better incentives like Christmas bonus or paid holidays. We have to use our pto for holidays and if you don't have any pto you don't get paid. they give us a 40.00 gift card for Kroger for thanksgiving but we pay for it at the end of the year the taxes come out of our check. we as employees don't get any monetary incentives we get to wear blue jeans on Friday if we do good work that is not a perk at all. I really wish they would get a new employee rep and make changes that benefit their employees. Their are so many people leaving because there is no growth in the company unless you no someone.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
No employee paid holidays
Northside
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2018
Great place to volunter and meet new people. I love volunteering for a place where I can grow and proper in my career. The people I work with are willing to teach me new skills.
Great
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
I would recommend Northside Hospital for anyone to work at it's a great place to work great benefits beautiful Hospital end environment beautiful campus I just need to work closer to home or at least not as far out in Atlanta.
Great Pay
Denial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
Review denials with assigned insurance companies that were assigned, Once reviewed work each denial to overturn denial and meet monthly goal for monthly bonus,
amazing staff
Diagnostic Radiology Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GANovember 24, 2018
I learned to work together as a team
I learned how to work efficiently and effectively
I learned how to be a leader in a group
The hardest part of the job is trying to save everybody
The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun working together
Work closely with other employees
Communication Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2018
Close down six flags every year for employee and family appreciation day, pass out T shirts to the attendees, feed all employees and guest,

Enjoy holiday party
Pros
Enjoy communicating with people
Cons
Not appreciated
great company
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
provides opportunity for growth, competitive pay, great working hours, friendly employees, workable hours, great benefits, understanding, great management
Great Environment
PCT (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 13, 2018
Normal hospital fast pace, but management is good. You get discounted lunch at the cafeteria. Always loved being with my patients, some became family!
Pros
Many fun sponsored events
Cons
Short breaks
A great place to work!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northside HospitalNovember 5, 2018
I had the privilege of working for an excellent manager. He was very supportive and focused on team building. The staff was provided with job specific learning opportunities and encouraged to attend.
I left only because of a drea opportunity to start my own lab.
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Northside hospital is a great place. Despite a few management issues, I truly enjoyed my time there. I left for an opportunity to start and run my own lab with an investor. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Management issues
Don't work there
Operating Room Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 1, 2018
There is a strong lack of leadership, the facility is bias, the patient satisfaction rate is always horrible. I was personally targeted and bullied until I felt as though I wanted to quit.
A place that provides resources that facilitate education.
Registered Nurse NICU (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
I am a staff RN and I truly enjoy comig into work. I enjoy my job as well as my company. My employer offers various tools to enhance my learning and facilitate professional growth.
Pros
Incentives for volunteering and flexible scheduling
Loved Northside
Revenue Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2018
Great Company with great pay and benefits.
They have a pension, care about the employees. Health benefits and pay are the best in the area. Great VP and Directors in the Business Office.
Benefits
Cons
Too much overtime
Productive and well established hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2018
I learned a lot as a new nurse at Northside Hospital. Working two years in the busiest labor and delivery unit in the state, possibly country, made me a veteran in my profession. This job structured who I am today as a healthcare provider.
Productive and challenging
Informatics Clinician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
Great place to work and the coworkers are very nice and helpful. Sometimes they allowed you to work from home and they are very understanding and attentive.
Pros
positive environment, great coworkers
Cons
not open to change and vast improvements
Everyday is different with the same routine
Evironmental Services Tech II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
I learned how to perform many roles as a housekeeper with Northside Hospital. The most enjoyable part is assisting patients needs and family visits or directions.
Pros
Being able to build up my PTO
Encouraging and balanced work place
INSURANCE QA AUDITOR & PATIENT ACCESS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GAOctober 4, 2018
A typical day at work involves serving and enjoying interactive moments with patients and coworkers.
Love the atmosphere and the culture of care is rewarding.
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
Can't work from home
Fun place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 3, 2018
northside is a great place to work. The only issue with Northside is they do not pay the average salary to their employees. they are much lower than other companies in the area.
Behind the scenes of medicine
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Northside is a great place to work with average benefits. Depending on your position you could love it or hate it. Yes there are times you're like "wtf is this?" and then the people that your work around makes up for it. I've met great people here and lifetime friends. The work may not be as rewarding as it should be but the memories created counts. Mother baby is the department I work in and although sometimes busy it makes those 12 hours go by. The pay is okay, could be better but could also be worse at other places.
Pros
co-workers, special events, free six flags passes
Cons
Disorganization at times, 12 hour shfts, no set time for lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northside Hospital.