Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Great organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Wonderful environment, great leadership, they care for their employees. Fast paced, availability to advance in the organization and simply a wonderful place to work.
good job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
if allowed I would go back not to many bad things that i would say about the company so to speak it was good learning experience and relaxed place to work
Work environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 11, 2018
Very short staffed, long hours, large assignments. Little time to spend with patients with a large work load, missed meals, different assignment every day. No continuity of care.
Patient Care is what I work For
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 9, 2018
I go to work knowing, I'm going to give 100% to every patient I have contact with. Every patient has a story to tell, their reason of being in the hospital. I'm sure one of your family members do to. So I treat all Co-Workers, and Patients as if they were known of my family.
Cons
Short Lunches, No breaks for non-smokers
Better than most...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Working at Northside vs other hospitals - better. It what sense, at Northside, better pay rate for RN.

Overall - all hospitals to a certain degree are the same.
i enjoyed northside
Patient access rep (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 8, 2018
Working for this company has been a excellent experience, however there are areas that improvement is definitely needed.I would refer someone to this company.
Pros
hospital setting.
Cons
management
CT TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
Good place work. Low turnover. Compensation can be better for the work that is being done. Benefits are good and reasonably priced based on compensation.
A typical day at work
Transplant Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
The company has great benefits and pay but the business dept. Needs new management. A new everything. A great place to start a career. But anything else, I wouldn't come back here. Don't stay for too long. There is no career growth.
Cons
Micro management
Looking for a new work environment that is smaller and fast paced and day shift
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 2, 2018
Used to be the best place to work until about 3 yrs ago. New hospital very pretty. Pharmacy department was great until 3 yrs ago. Director very nice. His right had people need to be fired.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful environment for good workers. Bad workers get away with not doing their job
customer services
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Over fifteen years’ experience as a customer service support including training, order entry, supervisor, payroll Client relations and production.....
Great employment experience
CRITICAL CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
Northside Hospital is a great facility to work. I currently work with a wonderful group of physicians, that are great to work with and for. Since, being at Northside, I have gained a wealth of clinical experience
Fun and and growth opportinities.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
Fun energetic sometimes fast paced.I learned body mechanics how to transport and do x-rays. People that got along good and worked as a team. Growth and career advancement.
Decent Place To Work
Denial Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
Very monotonous work, not very collaborative.
Good pay, just very boring!!
Management would give pushback if you had other ideas on how to do things..
very high stress
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
A good place to learn new things. I learned a lot about myself and my ability to get the job done. Management can be very hard on you and will not fight for you as you would hope management would.
A nice place to work
IR technologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
I work with a good group of techs and doctors. I like coming to work, I know we help a lot of people. Great cancer center. Get to see a lot of success.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Money could be better
Very professional and Loving
Lab Tech Asst (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 26, 2018
Love working at Northside Hospital. I have and an amazing experience working for Northside. Management needs some social skills and more acts of kindness. But learned alot.
Pros
Like family
Cons
Lab Management can be unfair and unprofessional
great
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 26, 2018
great company to work for. family environment with great management. i would recommend long term stay with company for any seeking long production of work.
A very nice facility, with great co-workers
Secretary/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Northside/Alparetta Imaging/Alparetta, GAJune 24, 2018
I am a "floater", which means i have been trained in multiple facets of the imaging department. I enjoy this position very much, because of the versatility. Though a work schedule is in place each day, my position may change, depending on an employee's absence, and where help is needed. Management is good about informing us of changes as soon as they are aware. I do not consider the job hard, however, the most challenging is the time crunch during out busiest season, because of our very high volume patient load.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
No paid holidays
No advancement opportunities
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  NorthsideJune 23, 2018
Northside boasts that they are completely for career advancement, but really this is only For certain positions. They are not open to listening to the change that has occurred in healthcare and do not allow individuals to utilize skills. Many employees have obtained extra cerifications and credentials at their own expense to advance their knowledge and careers, only to be told that they will not be recognized or honored at Northside.

On a positive note, benefits are amazing as is most of the immediate management that one would work with on a daily basis. All in all, if you are fine with collecting a decent pay check with good benefits and do not care about advancement it could be a great place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
nice worplace
Outpatient Infusion Center Scheduler/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
always positive and I enjoy working with my coworkers, they bring good vibes and the willingness to help others - a great staff to work with and caring.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northside Hospital.

Powered by Comparably