Northside Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productivity unreasonable
Collection Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Productivity unreasonable, telephones outdated computers outdated cubicles too small. Lunch break too short employee lunchroom too small T-shirts should be free
Pros
Growth
Cons
Strict and ridget attendance policy
Mother/Baby Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 14, 2018
Northside Hospital-Atlanta is a great place to work. Busiest Mother/Baby facility in the world. We stay busy, but it is doable. I have learned so much working here.
Career
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
It is a great place to make a career out of. Worked in the ER and I got to see a lot and experienced what the medical field is really like. Its a great place to start in the medical field
Great Place!! Enjoyed working with a classy group of people.
North side Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GASeptember 13, 2018
Great management great employees had a great experience working for Northside. I enjoyed my hours and I enjoyed the overall working environment with the doctors to patient access.
Northside for me provided opportunities to grown and learn
Operations Coordinator BO and BMT Unit (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
My typical day was utilized managing multiple departments within PAS and the Revenue Cycle.

I had the support I needed and unfortunately due to restructure my role was eliminated.

After 5 years of a long drive, I decided to come closer to home
Pros
leadership and structure
Cons
traffice
very profit organization very low paying for lab
Interim Laboratory Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 9, 2018
The lab is good place to work. The then lab director was very considerate about my qualifications and experience, she cancelled the Med Tech position and created evening shift supervisor position for me. in 10 months promoted me as chemistry section supervisor and in 2 years period looking towards performance offered me Lab supervisor/Manager position.
Pros
Cons
low paying salary structure, over flexing employees
No Advancement
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 9, 2018
They love to hire from the outside instead of from within. And if they do promote from within, it's a friend, not someone who actually deserves it. They also love to hire lazy people, and when the people that are actually working complain, they are pretty much dismissed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything else
very busy
Lead Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GASeptember 7, 2018
good respectful environment, people are pleasant and respectful and try to be helpful, could have more flexibility with job descriptions that would lead to fixable pay rates
Working with others
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
Received the opportunity to teach and train students as well as new staff members. Learned about GYN oncology. How to coordinate a service and care for instruments and equipment. Ability to advance into a leadership role.
Great Hospital Innovative Program, Great Expertise
Case Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Northside Hospital. They had innovative programs, sought the highest clinical care, good senior leadership and management also. I was able to advance at Northside and would gladly return there.
Pros
good benefits, great quality
Cons
higher or equal education/tuition reimbursement for staff that aren't nurses
It not about helping sick people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 4, 2018
All they seem to care about is collecting money on the sick patients. They pushed it employees to collect collect collect, and they throw around bonuses but in order to receive a bonus every location must Meet The Collection goals and they give less than 1% and bonuses on your collections. I collected $35,000 in one month and receive the $55 bonus check! The upper management always receives the highest bonus check off of though reps who do all the collection and have to deal with the patient speaking vulgar to them and sometimes threatening them. Is full of drama lies and the leaders are very disrespectful to the regular reps.
2 Sides of the same coin
HUMAN RESOURCES STAFFING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2018
Northside Hospital is a well-respected healthcare organization that provides many opportunities for individuals with varying backgrounds. With that said, anything apart from clinical (RNs and above) or management positions will be faced with a mixed batch of experiences. Moving upwards can be a strain and employees with beneficial experience and education are, more often than not, overlooked for outside recruitment.
fast pace
Dietician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2018
The work here is very fast pace and will keep you on your toes. teaches you to be very focused and very attentive in a hectic situation. Considering your dealing with patients you have to make sure you pay very close attention to what you are doing.
Don’t do it.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2018
RN pay is good for new grad, that’s including the specialty pay and shift differentials. Self scheduling is great when they don’t alter it. The staff support is terrible. Some of the techs have been there 10+ years and they act as though they run the place, giving new nurses a lot of push back and seem to enjoy watching the nurses new and experienced struggle. Supervisors on dayshift allows the nurses to feel a sense of entitlement which makes it hard to work as a team. I wouldn’t recommend this place. If at all possible don’t work in a hospital period.

The equipment is very old which makes the work even more challenging. The paper charting is beyond me. There is a lot of double charting, and charting that is not even relevant and/or looked at for its purpose. They are moving to a more “updated” charting system so we will see. No pay for cbls if completed at home. Have to come in on days off to complete some training that can easily be completed online from home.

In a nutshell...Northside is just a big inconvenience for staff.
Pros
Pay, cancel list, some good coworkers, wear any color scrubs you want.
Cons
No breaks, overworked, no management support, patient is always right, paper charting, old equipment, lack of teamwork
Family Culture
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Northside values their employees...we are growing and change can be difficult to manage at times but the bottom line is that senior leaders value each and every employee! Northside has never laid off employees, gives merit raises each year and offers a pension!
Pros
Pension, growth potential, stability
n/a
Room control Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2018
Northside hospital is a wonderful place to work, and gain experience. Amazing leadership team in my former department. I would recommend Northside hospital as a wonderful place to work.
Overworked, underpaid, and under-appreciated; satisfaction depends on department
Staff RN III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Northside Hospital has been around for a long time, and over the years has developed many different reputations. When I started working there I 2012, it was challenging but fun. The environment, as with most hospitals, is fast-paced and ever-changing. However, over the years, it is apparent they don’t know how to keep employees. Raises are minimal and based on merit and performance review, the computer system is cheap at best (and extremely convoluted for nurses to chart comprehensively), there are very few opportunities for clinical advancement unless you desire a manager position, and there are no true benefits of being an employee other than the standard pay+ Insurance benefits. Any “employee appreciation” is a pathetic attempt at best. It is also frustrating that certain departments (regardless of size) are lesser priorities when it comes to the hospital as a whole. Overall, I feel working at Northside Hospital starts out strong, and declines with each year of service as you realize that as an employee, you are just one of many being asked to do more and more with little to no compensation or recognition.
Pros
Great new grad program, many furthering education opportunities offered, free parking for employees, no mandatory call hours (depending on department), self-scheduling (within reason, and department-dependent)
Cons
Lunch breaks are rarely a priority even for 12-hour shifts, policies are constantly changing based on knee-jerk reactions to isolated incidents, staff is often asked to attend required classes on own time outside of full time scheduled hours, upper management is aloof and rarely “gets their hands dirty” on the floor, no true benefits for employees who are patients, management shows favoritism and bias
Great company to work for
CHARGE ENTRY SPECIALIST/BILLER (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAAugust 27, 2018
To be fairly compensated would be ideal, for the work and the length of time that I have put into this company my pay is unjust. After reaching out to many HR employees at Northside, I have had no luck with a re-evaluation of my salary. I have done research on what my pay should be in my area with my experience and the HR department has to know that what they are paying me is completely unfair. I have learned that the Northside does not pay what they should be paying for someone who has had the experience as they proclaim.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 20, 2018
Sometimes challenging but always rewarding when getting to work with a great company and coworkers that have the same goals and come together to achieve those goals
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Necessary restructuring
Great Place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
Exceptional place to work and a great bunch f people to work with. I would highly recommend people to Northside, the pay is fair and the organization is solid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northside Hospital.

Powered by Comparably