Northwell Health

Northwell Health Employee Reviews

United States1,345 reviews
Found 1,345 reviews matching the search
n/a
Northwell Health is a great place to work. I do enjoy my workplace and am thankful for the numerous opportunities that have been given to me in my time here.
Great company, supportive leadership
Easy going atmosphere and great coworkers. Hands on experience while supporting staff with the chance of advancement. Many courses are offered for additional training and experience.
A wonderful place to work for
A very nice work environment with flexibility and great team work experience. I see on a daily basis people in their home environment who are very nice and supportive.
June 3, 2020
Thank you for your review as a Homecare Physical Therapist! Making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home.
Great company to work for
I’ve been working for Northwell Health for 5 years and I’m very satisfied with working here. Northwell offers great pay, full benefits, retirement, tuition reimbursement, etc. check them out. Great company to work for
I am Thankful to work for Northwell
Since working at Northwell I have obtained many goals. Such as returning back to school. I would be hard fr me to ever want to leave this organization. They have treated me well.
June 3, 2020
Thank you for your review as a Certified Health Unit Coordinator, Psych! As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They allow management to run rampant - POOR HR RESPONSE
I've written this to warn many that your happiness will be a dice roll based on your manager. Leadership reigns supreme and there's is little that can be said or done about it. There is absolutely no accountability and human resources will NOT seriously acknowledge most complaints, unless it's s*xual harassment.

My family has a combined 50+ years of dedicated service to Northwell Health (formerly Northshore Long Island Jewish) with no infractions of any kind.

In yet, a member of my family is verbally abused and mistreated without repercussion. For over ten years, multiple encounters with Human Resources have proved nothing will be done. The only things we can do is pray that life runs it's course and karma takes place.

Good luck.
Love it here
Northwell is a great health system to work for. No job is perfect, but at least they try their best to take care of their employees here. It makes you want to actually look forward to going to work.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for your review! As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision, and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities.
Unsupportive and Biased. Hard to Return
Other nurses were rude and obnoxious. The educators and managers were hardly supportive. They sat me down and told me to quit, and said they would help me find a new position, then never heard from them again. Now when I try to apply to any other Northwell job I never hear back after a phone interview. If you leave they make it difficult to return. Beware.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as a former Registered Nurse and we will be sure to share your concerns. At Northwell we actively support the goals and advancement of all our employees. In fact, our Women in Healthcare Business Employee Resource Group was created to elevate the role of women as leaders and advocates throughout our organization and the communities we serve. Learn more at https://jobs.northwell.edu/diversity-inclusion/#tab-id-10
Disasppointment at first day of hire.
I was hired as pharmacy assistant and on very first day in department orientation,the bad,rude but i will say racist behaviour of an old lady in pharmacy who was supposed to give me orientation,made me so frustrated that i left that job on very first day.
She was rude all the time during orientation.

She had no patience to listening
May 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For Northwell is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where people from all backgrounds are accepted, celebrated, and respected as being truly ourselves. In fact, it's this commitment that has led Northwell to being named America’s #1 health system for diversity by DiversityInc’s ranking of Top Hospitals and Health Systems. Be assured we take your experience very seriously and are partnering with our leaders to ensure all of our employees are receiving the respect and support they need in order to be successful.
Working at Rego Park
Working with Northwell heath has showed me a lot. I love my job and helping people that’s why I’m still here but overall management treat you like a piece of garbage as if your a child. And the higher ups does nothing. You are forced to do jobs that’s not in your scope With no training or extra compensation.
Not all they make it out to be.
I started at Northwell 3 years ago. In process of looking elsewhere. Poor poor management. She does not fight for her employees whatsoever. Front desk new hirees with no experience make more money than the medical assistants who do double the work such as phlebotomy, EKG’s, injections and typing letters and calling patients with results and confirming appointments. Receptionists make $4 more than the MA’s. I’m sorry but that’s not fair. When I ask for a raise all I do is get the run around.
the company is good but the lab is not
LOT of favoritism, nepotism, incompetence. no growth unless you know someone. PTO is generous but good luck getting a chance to use it. I've seen many people succeed there who probably shouldn't have.
Pros
benefits
Cons
negative work environment
May 11, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities. We are committed to fostering an environment where all of our employees are valued and respected, and we take your concerns very seriously. We will be sure to share your feedback internally as we are always working to improve the employee experience.
generosity to employees and the community
I have worked for the company since 2013. I started off as a per diem nurse and gradually over the years became assistant nurse manager. Northwell is generous to its staff and managers. Raises and bonuses are often given. Nursing is hard at times but when you are compensated with bonuses, employee bbq's, acknowledgement by way of flyers and emails, the work doesn't feel as hard. The only reason I am leaving this company is for relocation to another state after home purchase.
Pros
team environment, generously compensated
Cons
work/life balance is challenge for management
April 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review as a former Assistant Nurse Manager! We are always looking for new unique ways to support our employees. For example, we offer a 24/7 Clinical Call Center for employees and their families. Employees also have access to the myHealthyBody portal for managing common aches, pains and injuries, and the myJoyable app for stress management, behavioral health and overall well-being, not to mention access to workshops and wellness activities across the organization.
Nurse
I work in then operating room. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and learning new services. The management is driven. The union benefits are good.
May 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As New York State's largest private employer, our employees have an opportunity for careers throughout our many locations, including corporate, 20+ hospitals and 750+ outpatient facilities. Thank you for your dedication to our mission as an organization. We hope that you are able to continue to benefit from career growth and development opportunities across Northwell.
There are many opportunities to move job positions at Northwell
The pace is very fast at Northwell. There are many opportunities to learn something new and to try a new job position. Corporate promotes an inclusive culture but it does not always translate down the line to the ambulatory offices.
Good Company
Great company to work for. There is flexible hours to work around your schedule, The pay was decent and the health benefits were good.I enjoyed working here.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for your review as a former Environmental Services Aide! Making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home.
Northwell is my best
Our employee treat us nicely .. very nice and accommodating Nurse managers.. they all make our shift easy for us.. working in Northwell as made me very humble, focused and confident in myself.. Northwell is the best place to work.. I wish I will get a full time position..Am still a part time Pca
April 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! Our leaders are helping us on our quest to redefine healthcare, and without their leadership, we wouldn’t be a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®. We appreciate your dedication to helping us on this journey.
It is a great place to work
There is room for advancement many opportunities for career changes. They have opportunities for you to return to school
They main goal is helping the patients with their medical needs
May 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. As New York State's largest private employer, our employees have an opportunity for careers throughout our many locations, including corporate, 20+ hospitals, and 750+ outpatient facilities. Thank you for your dedication to our mission as an organization. We hope that you are able to continue to benefit from career growth and development opportunities across Northwell.
Challenging work environment that will help you grow
Challenging work environment that has ample room for growth. Expect to work HARD and be rewarded. Opportunities are to be found everywhere you look, this is a very exciting work environment.
April 24, 2020
Thank you for your review! As a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For®, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities. We appreciate your dedication to helping us on this journey.
Flexibility
As a per diem worker you choose when you work you can participate in 401k retirement program As standardized patient you help medical students develop valuable skills in patient communication
April 15, 2020
Thank you for your review! Making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home.
Top notch employer-depending on location
Awesome employer but location (Phelps) needs changes! Definitely a culture of nursing (all hospitals probably are). Culture of woman too, almost all managers and directors are. Our new CEO needs to be an outside hire. Someone not part of the old Phelps. This hospital desperately needs change, diversity. New management could only be a positive move. Too many (lifers). This location has so much potential, given we have a strong, positive, out of the box leader -not influenced by the old ways
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Northwell Health.