Northwell Health Employee Reviews

Productive and team effort
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Everyone knows the healthcare is always changing each day. As for that you’ll always need to accept and adapt to new changes fast. I love the constant meetings we have to keep us all up to date.
overall amazing organization
Practice Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 16, 2018
it was a great experience, helped brushed my typing skills, phone skills and patient care. my favorite department was Pulmonary medicine. i learned so many new things. i learned how to handle patients with terminal illness and empathize with them.
productive and lots of things to learn
Bilingual Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Hills, NYSeptember 15, 2018
collaborating with coworkers and working together was the most difficult as individuals have different working pace and methods. Other than that I loved working in Northwell. I hope to go back working for them again.
Pros
Great managers, room for growth, and excellent benefits
Cons
nothing
Job description changes
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
My job description changed 6 months into my job and I was not interested in the job that it was changed to. I was hired for a specific task and that was adapted
productive
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYSeptember 13, 2018
working here gives has a lot benefits and help for employees. this company offers a lot of opportunities for growth and education.workplace is very diverse.
Enjoyed working for Northwell
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  NYSeptember 12, 2018
Learned a lot during this internship. I had the freedom to choose what employees I wanted to work under. Everyone in my office was friendly and always offered for me to join on their projects.
Pros
Work with knowledgeable people in various fields
Cons
Had to travel to various sites
Registered Nurse
Critical Care Registered Nurse, MICU (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I love working for Northwell. They support you and advancing your career. They support a healthy work life balance. As well, they give great benefits.
Daily monitoring all activities
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Daily monitoring all activities, like interface issues and any system issues, troubleshoot the issue and rectify as soon as possible.
When the issue unable to fix open a support ticket and work with them.
Pros
some days get lunch and breakfast
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Customer Service Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for. Can be room for advancement. Helps alot of you know someone who is higher up. Has tuition reimbursement and good benefits...
Working with patients and staff in an ER setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 10, 2018
On a typical work day I was be doing patient care including starting IV, placing foley's educating patients, giving out medication, working with the physician on procedures. I have learnt time management. The typical day is fast pace and one needs to take care of the sickest patients first. Management was fair, open to feedback from employees. The management would help if you needed help and were understanding when you needed time off. The hardest part of the job was balancing all the patients and paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Productive Workplace
Practice Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Northwell Health was a great company to work for. They always had their employees best interests at heart. They cared a lot about their employees as well as their patients. I learned a lot while working at Northwell and it shaped me to be a stronger person. Northwell Health was a challenging and rewarding company to work for.
Productive workplace with incredible culture
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Whitestone, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Incredible work environment. The hardest part of the job was adapting to how busy the facility was but every day there was well worth it for me. Strong management, friendly environment, and skilled staff made this a very rewarding experience.
Official response from Northwell Health
September 14, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying being a part of our team! We’re proud to be a place where we can be Truly Ourselves. Have a nice day!

This is a productive hard working department
Health Information Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 31, 2018
on a typical work day I assemble charts to be sent out to the scanning company, I assist with the release of medical records, print charts, file and answer calls. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping patients.
Great company to start career!
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 30, 2018
Overall my time here has been well, management is very helpful and works with you regarding scheduling and work/life balance. My position there is no opportunity for career advancement, but overall is a good company to work for.
Operations
Concierge/ Operations (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 26, 2018
Fast paced environment.

Fair compensation with opportunity for advancement.

Communication lacks which leads to a disconnect between management and front line workers.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Management following through on projects, Communication
Productive and nice atmosphere
LPN/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 25, 2018
It was very nice working here. The staff was very professional. There was plenty room for advancement. The employers were very flexible. Staff was encouraged to further their education.
Pros
Nice, friendly atmospher
Cons
There are none
totally disfunctional executive leadership not remotely concerned r engaged with the employees
Assistant Director for Campus Security (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYAugust 24, 2018
Executive leadership is concerned with doing more with less than with cultivating staff and mentoring new leaders. not very employee friendly. Many areas of the hospital are totally uninformed about the direction the executive leadership is going in. And that direction changes regularly.
Official response from Northwell Health
September 14, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience with us. We strive to be a health network that reflects our core values. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate places.

Micromanagemt
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYAugust 23, 2018
I worked in the Melville call center Which was not the best experience. Many calls and no pay increase. They keep putting in more work and add more lines not thinking about the people.
Developed many relationships
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYAugust 23, 2018
My unit was a great place to work with an amazing manager and co workers. Staffing is always an issue and I wish we were better acknowledged for our work.
Not recommended as place of employment for anyone
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYAugust 23, 2018
NWH management cannot be trusted. The CEO Michael Dowling is wonderful to listen to and has great vision. Unfortunately his team has its own agenda. Pro union and employee engagement survey driven.
Pros
Cons
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight