Northwell Health Employee Reviews

Tough place to work politically
Desktop Support Analyst - Executive Support (Current Employee) –  North New Hyde Park, NYNovember 18, 2018
Working at the company from a political point of view is like walking on pins and needles. Every issue is an escalation regardless of the affected end user. Things can get out of control if you are not liked by someone, no checks and balances, no consideration for work history. One mistake or the perception of an individual can get you in serious trouble.
Pros
Pays reasonably well
Cons
Job security: pins and needles. Disposable
in my 20 years Northwell has given me the opportunity to grow professionally
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 12, 2018
In a typical day there was always work to be done. I constantly pushed myself to learn more or be faster at my job. I take a great deal of pride in my work so being able to grow and learn at my job gave me confidence. I made many friends in my 20 years at Northwell and wouldn't trafe the experience for the world.
i like the job just wish that they paid more for the work that you are actually doing.
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 12, 2018
North well is amazing with building your experiences. They are very hands o n and doesn't waste time getting you in the door and familiar with your job descriptions
November 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. Our compensation and benefits team are always trying to come up with new ways to support our employees. In fact they recently opened up the new Clinical Call Center which is open 24/7 to help our employees and their family members when they need it: https://jobs.northwell.edu/blog/2018/02/22/northwell-health-benefits-clinical-call-center/. Take a look at our other unique benefits here http://jobs.northwell.edu/benefits/ We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate places.

Fast paced
Staff Radiological Technologist (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYNovember 11, 2018
Healthcare is growing in leaps and bounds. Northwell Health / GoHealth Urgent Care is the go to place for times when Patients can not get an appointment with their Primary Care Physician.
Pros
Overtime available / snacks and water
Cons
Short staffed
Excellent company, responsive management
Medical Records Coder (Current Employee) –  Great Neck, NYNovember 11, 2018
Northwell management aims to treat all employees fairly and to create and maintain a work environment that is respectful and encouraging of sharing ideas and promoting individual growth as well as harmonious teamwork. Excellent company to work for.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and advancement, fair pay and benefits, flexibility of hours and location (work remotely)
November 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our leaders are helping us on our quest to define the health care industry of tomorrow, and without their leadership we wouldn’t be a Great Place to Work Certified Company. We appreciate your dedication to helping us on this journey.

My experience working with northwell company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYNovember 11, 2018
I was very happy be part of northwell hospital. I have learned a lot in three years of work experience in northwell.
I was very happy with the benefits I received while working there
Work environment impacts your mood, drive and performance. While working there I was very happy with work environment. Every one was very passionate and dedicated to their work. And very responsible and respectful.
Sufficient
Intern/Extern (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 10, 2018
Management rules with strict policies, not much flexibility, hardworking and dedicated employees, serious working staff, atmosphere fill with admirable workers.
i love what i do, working at North well help bring out the best of me.
nurssing assitant (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYNovember 9, 2018
Northwell gave me great opportunity to go back to school, be a better me. I love the collaborative and passionate care giving there. We are made for this. I love the way I was able to grow, shine and learn many skill that help me do my job to the best of my ability.
Great and friendly workplace
HRIT Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 8, 2018
Everyone at Northwell Health is very friendly and great to work with. The health benefits are great, and you are given a generous amount of time off. Job security is high, but advancement can take a long time.
Pros
Health benefits, paid time off, breaks, friendly
Cons
Slow to advance, intranet is underdeveloped
A great place to work if you want to stay on Long Island
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 6, 2018
Northwell continues to push itself forward, whether it's through company culture, leadership management or acquiring new facilities. You will need to be independent and push yourself, and your leader, in order to advance your career. Be ready for anything.
Workplace environment
Behavioral Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYNovember 6, 2018
Teamwork is vital. The mission statements go according with the culture of patient centered quality care. There can be room for growth in certain departments.
Great Employer
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2018
I loved working here! It truly is a great place to find yourself and learn your talents. At least on the corporate side of things. I can't speak for the clinical side.
Na
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 5, 2018
Great place to work but very fast paced environment. Company is growing at light speed pace and employees work to maintain pace. You will be stressed at times, but you will learn and grow your skills
none available
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ny, NYNovember 4, 2018
good management to a certain point

good environment - but depends a lot in the department you are in.
company is goal oriented and tries to keep employees happy
Great place to work!
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 30, 2018
Love working with Northwell as Per Diem RN. Happy environment and pleasant staff. Only looking for work elsewhere as Per Diem shifts have reduced drastically in the department I worked in.
November 2, 2018

We appreciate your review! We’re glad to hear you are enjoying the work environment at Northwell Health. It’s important your needs are met so you can focus on bringing the Northwell Core Values to life. Have a nice day!

Easy, but you'll never advance or have job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYOctober 29, 2018
Indecisive management, nepotism, unfair layoffs. Corporate very disconnected from Hospitals. Very silo'ed environment. Can be very frustrating to try and get consensus. Deadlines mean nothing
Pros
good pay, perks
Cons
no security, advancement
November 12, 2018

We appreciate your review, and we’re sorry to hear about your experience with us. We strive to be a health network that reflects our core values. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate places.

Professional, Educational, Growth and Success
Perioperative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 29, 2018
My experience at Northwell Health is enjoyable. I enjoy serving others and caring for others. I enjoy treating everyone with respect and dignity. I do encounter stress sometimes but it does not overwhelm me because of the great team that exists. We help and encourage each other.
Pros
Opportunities exist for education, personal growth and success.
Cons
Sometimes challenging
November 12, 2018

Thanks for your review! As a Great Place to Work Certified for two years in a row, we are continuously partnering with our leaders and employees to make sure our mission, vision and values are living throughout our hospitals and facilities. To hear you’ve been directly affected by this is terrific! Be truly compassionate today and take the time to recognize one of our colleagues on our myRecognition platform http://myrecognition.werecognize.com/

stressful, poor management
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYOctober 29, 2018
management would overwork us, we were always stressed out, it was not a good environment to work in. They would try to cut our breaks short, and they did not respect us.
November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Our leaders are helping us in our quest to define the health care industry of tomorrow, but are our employee's team players made for unwavering support. Our organization is continuously changing, whether it is bringing on new hospitals/practices, coming up with refreshed values, or re-structuring our leadership teams. Be ensured that we are partnering with our leaders to ensure all of our employees are receiving the respect and support they need in order to be successful.

Wonderful and academic enviroment for work
Administrative Director Clinical Laboratories (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYOctober 27, 2018
Northwell Health is one of the largest laboratory systems in the North East with 22 hospital laboratories and one State of the art Core laboratory with sophisticated equipment and automated processing lines.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Very busy fast paced envirnment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYOctober 23, 2018
Northwell is a fast growing entity that is constantly changing and developing to serve the surrounding communities. My work at Northwell was diverse and fast paced. I had the pleasure to work with some the smartest and most innovative people in the field.
Pros
Ability to diversify and learn many things in heallth care, nice benefits.
Cons
very large employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

86%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss