Northwell Health Employee Reviews

Enjoy working at Northwell Health
Sr. Manager, Physician Outreach Relationship Mgnmt (Current Employee) –  Westchester County, NYMay 24, 2018
Excellent Forward thinking company.

Opportunities for growth.

Opportunities for enhancement.

Opportunities for educational growth within the company.
First Job after College
Clinical Practice Plan Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 16, 2018
This was my first job after college and my stepping stone inside the world of healthcare. I learned real world issues that were not taught in a textbook. It was my foundation and I'm very grateful for the experiences I had while employed that this company.
Great work family
Medical practice associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
It was a pleasant work environment. Co workers are like family and very supportive for one to move forward in career path. Coworkers were always willing to help you learn new tasks and assisted whnever they can.
Pros
Work room was always cheerful
Cons
To cold
I learned alot from Northwell
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Northwell, I learned alot and the people there were all helpful and fun to work with. I still keep in touch with co-worker and managment.
Very secretive upper management, Surprising amount of sabotage
Chief Medical Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 14, 2018
On a day-to-day basis, I loved my job, felt appreciated, and believe I was contributing a great deal of value. My immediate supervisor knew virtually nothing about what I actually did and seemed to have no interest in finding out.
Pros
Very pleasant and bright colleagues/peers/staff
Cons
Mysterious Upper Management
Its a great place to work, while learning and having fun
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 14, 2018
Northwell is a great place to work. They have many opportunities for advancement. It is a learning hospital so there is tons of abilities learn new things.
Cons
work loads can be heavy
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 13, 2018
Northwell is a growing company that culture is great they believe in helping people grow in there desire field.the most enjoyable part of my jod is helping people
Pros
traing ther worker to be better
Cons
getting to big lost that family touch
very good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYMay 10, 2018
Good place to work but watch dog every corner to any thing gose wrong fix right in the spot. people talk texing to communicate what ever it is.
Poor management some one had uncontrollable short-temper and no quality of characterlistic they easy to yell judge and twisted truth....often time for they own gain use they position.
great working environment
Shift Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Glen Cove, NY 11542May 9, 2018
Unit clerk admissions, order entry, interactive with patients and staff on a daily basis. Fast paced upbeat atmosphere with great management and staff working together to care for our patient's needs.
Healthcare System on the Path to Continual Growth
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 7, 2018
The healthcare system is big on improving it's relationship with the patients as well as encouraging a happy, healthy work environment for its employees. It's not often you enter a work environment where employees matter. I've learned a great deal in the period of time I was employed there.

The office culture is balanced in that there's a good amount of work but the workload is offset with team building activities which encourages camaraderie within the work place.

No workplace is without flaws- favoritism (preferential treatment) definitely exists in the workplace. Perform the task that is assigned to you without complaining and collect your check.

When you secure the position, always ask questions and be part of the team- you won't go wrong.
Pros
Team building activity, friendly environment, training courses readily available, occasional free lunches
Cons
Supervisors and managers should undergo sensitivity training on a frequent basis.
New Hire
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Zucker Hillside HospitalMay 5, 2018
I had a very smooth interview and on boarding process. Northwell offered a very structured and comprehensive training. I am looking forward to training on my actual unit.
The Home Care Industry.
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 3, 2018
Northwell Health scores higher than most of the healthcare industry specifically in the Home care industry. For instance, Northwell Care provides better training and offers better opportunities to its employees than Partnes In Care. At Northwell Health subsidies in the home healthcare Industry they respect employees better than at Partners In Care.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
1199Seui
Great Start
Medical File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 3, 2018
Its really a foot in the door kind of job. I started as a temporary worker and finally landed a full-time position. I couldn't imagine working for another company. Very friendly staff, open-door policy with the managers, and just an overall great atmosphere. I hope to continuing working for this company for as long as possible.
Please Better Management
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NY 11040May 2, 2018
Every job has its perks and its downfalls. Management in the Dietary Department really sucks. Big staff and no communication. Everyday there was something different. The job does pay better than other hospitals and free food. More unnecessary work was given when it could have been avoided. Needs better management. It's a small office so you will not get your chosen vacation days because of seniority. If you are a part timer forget about having an outside life because you get 1 weekend off a year.
Pros
Free Food, better pay.
Cons
Never able to get the vacation days I want.
Racism still exist
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  LIJMay 1, 2018
The site I work for is like a cesspool nothing is private. Management will address their employees right in front of everyone instead of pulling them a side. The best part of working there is being able to swipe out at the end of my shift.
Pros
The 1199 union benefits.
Cons
There's a lot a favoritism.
Northwell is a good place to work
Sr. Financial Analyst, Clinical Trials Office (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYApril 27, 2018
I enjoyworking at Northwell. There is a work/life balance that makes it more attractive than most companies. There is room for growth and advancement if you know someone.
Professional corporate atmosphere
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYApril 26, 2018
Northwell Health's workplace is diversified and very professional. Geared for success and always a leader in healthcare.
They care about the employees as well as their clients. The educational opportunities afforded to the employees in order for professional growth are plentiful.
management
Surgical Oncology Staff RN, Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYApril 24, 2018
Management wasn't willing to be flexible with schedule. It was hard for newer employees to navigate the process of learning how scheduling works and when to submit day off requests.
Pros
workplace culture was not too bad for a large establishment
Cons
flex schedule
okay
Executive Administrative Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
in the beginning for a 20something year old this was a great place to work but over the course of almost 8 years I don't feel the same. It is very hard to advance here if you don't know people high up. And a lot of butting heads
Pros
free lunches occasionally
Cons
pay
Typical Day at Work
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYApril 22, 2018
My typical day is as follows:
Check in checkout
Do tasks
Authorizations
Patient Care
Insurance Verification
Pros
Wonderful environment to work in.
Cons
There aren't any.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight