Northwell Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No Comment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 13, 2018
Interesting place to work. No room for advancement, a lot of last minute assignments- fire drills- not much collaboration. employees are nice and pull together to get things done in a short about of time
Pros
interesting work
Cons
no career path
a typical day at work
DIC Scheduling Associate - Administrative (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 12, 2018
scheduling patients for their exams of incoming calls at the call center. accommodating patients for specific exams within availability and working with cites to accomodate
Thriving place to work
Finance Coordinator, Monter Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 11, 2018
Northwell is a good place to work because it is a growing health system. With this, there are many new jobs and opportunities. The only negative for me was that it was outside of NYC and the commute was too difficult, I would have considered staying if this was not the case.
Lots of room for growth and advancement within the company
ON BOARDING ASSOCIATE/TALENT ACQUISITION (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 10, 2018
Really great company to work for. Even with the long hours and stress of the position, my team made it a great place to be. They definitely want to set you up to succeed and advance within the company.
Pros
Great people to work with
nothing to say
Program Coordinator-Pathology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
I really don't like that I have to write a review on where I work or worked I don't have anything to say. It was a pleasure working for Northewell health
Great friendly work environment with great autnomy.
Physician Assistant- Medicine (ADS) (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 7, 2018
Great place for first job. Learned a lot. Helpful staff. Great team environment able to confer with residents, attendings, and nursing staff to provide optimal care for patients.
Heartbreaking and frustrating
Specialty Tech (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Hollow, NYJuly 6, 2018
Some departments still living in the past; Jaded staff too long on job. HR is irresponsible and caters to management. HR sometimes ignores employee issues to protect management and RN's. Some hospital management still practicing retaliation. Pay is good but not worth harassment and stress. Corporate HR really needs more of a hand at Sleepy Hollow location. Desperately in need of management transfusion in some departmens. This is no longer Phelps country hospital funded by donors only, welcome to Northwell...
Pros
Now Northwell Health
Cons
favoritism, nepotism and retaliation
Everyone's experience are.different
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 5, 2018
It all depends on the management of the unit your working for. I've been floated to most of the units and some of them work as a team while others don't.
Dedicated to patients health
Out Reach Worker/Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 5, 2018
My typical work day is teaching and interacting with the kids, teachers, parents, custodians, staff memebers. Lots of customer service, confidentiality, office management ect

I learned how to work in a high demand atmosphere, how to be more organized and structured.

Management is great here.They are focused on getting the patients back to better health.

The hardest part of the job is the computers not being fast enough while inputting patients information.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and helping people and the students.
Summary
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 5, 2018
great benefits, wellness programs
growth opportunities

amazing and dedicated CEO
very productive job
DIC Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 2, 2018
learned a lot about customer service, healthcare management, very organized environment. workplace culture is very professional, high volume and fast work ethic. Patient service is the most important part of the job. everything is for the patient.
Pros
very organized, professional
Cons
not enough pay.
I didnt want to leave
Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 2, 2018
I was raised by my mother she was all I had and I couldn't put the company before her in her last days. She didn't want to go into hospice so I took care of her until she passed.
Ok
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 30, 2018
Decent benefits but not good pay. Very slow and relaxed place to work , good for retirees. Management has no clue how to organize jobs and get materials for proper and timely job completions. Want there workers to do as they say , not as they do. Kinda like a bad parent.
Its a wonderful place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYJune 27, 2018
I would strongly recommend North-well as s place to work on 2 west. I have one of the best supervisor ever that is very professional and is an excellent role model for all the staff to follow. The work environment can be very strains with work and over whelm but all the team members which include all staff supervisor and her assistant will all joint and work to help to make the job much lighter and easier.
The orthopedic unit begins in the morning with getting all the patients vitals signs, finger stick if needed make sure the patient environment is safe, am care, update the patient basic information on the board and provide am care.I must inform the patient of the five p which is referred to as purposeful rounding which include offering patient to go to bathroom and before all these things are done i must get report from the previous RN nurse to enhance patient safety and miss communication.The physical therapy,dietitian, doctor and physician assistant all work together to help make my job much easier and thus great result.
Pros
excellent supervisor
Cons
3 dollars towards lunch but you must park in designated area.
must have a strong bladder!
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Cove, NYJune 27, 2018
With the upbeat environment, all of the nurses are amazing and full of life. I love being able to communicate and learn everything daily from the NP's, PA's, Doctors, and RN's. If I had to choose a bad part about my job, It would be during an 8 hour shift, you aren't allowed to drink water/use the bathroom unless there is someone covering you. This would be the perfect job if I were able to leave my desk for 3 minutes.
Cons
no bathroom breaks without coverage, no water at your desk
my experience was good and i learned alot working wthere
New York Hand & Wrist Center (Former Employee) –  210 East 64th StreetJune 25, 2018
My overall review was good. my only problem was, I was a temp and didn't get any of the benefits and the pay was is not good when your a temp. On a regular day I've seen 35-40 patients.
productive work place, worked hard, but very satisfying
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJune 25, 2018
I would work again for Northwell. I was very proud to be a part of the team. I learned a great deal, and honed my clinical skills. I was cross trained in many areas of the hospital, and was well respected.
Pros
salary, environment, culture
Cons
stressful at times, commute
Great company to work for
Administrative / Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYJune 21, 2018
Although Northwell is an excellent company to work for I would NOT recommend working at South Oaks Hospital in the Administration Department. The Manager there is cruel, unfriendly, unprofessional and has a habit of blame shifting. She tries to point the finger at any one she can rather than take the blame herself when she makes a mistake. Very, very stressful person to work for.
Pros
Company is a great company to work for
Cons
South Oaks Manager in the Administration Department
Northwell
Physician (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJune 20, 2018
The company Northwell Helath offers multiple difference locations in the Tristate Area and has vast benefits beyond just salary and vacation paid time off.
overworked & underpaid
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJune 19, 2018
My office was understaffed and management had unfair expectations. Frequently had to work through lunch breaks (without compensation), come in early and stay late. There was constant friction between administrative and clinical staff.
Pros
job security
Cons
undervalued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight