Northwell Health

United States1,685 reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 498 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,699 reviews

They are considerate of their employees' needs.

They are very up to date with technology. There is always someone to talk to to trouble shoot problems whether is clinical, technological or personal. The benefits are great and there is a lot of everyday perks for employees and their family members.

June 22, 2022
Thank you for your great feedback about working at Northwell as a current Home Health Registered Nurse Case Manager. We foster a culture that upholds our values and mission, while also supporting the wants and needs of our patients and community. Thank you for your review, which we will share internally.

Good work environment

Great company to work for. Truely cares about its employees. Pay is on par and benefits are good. Very supportive and cohesive company with lots of opportunities for advancement.

Northwell Health insights

Based on 1,133 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Helpful coworkers

I was not expecting to work as a 1:1 or to deal with combative individuals. I was under the assumption that I was being placed on a unit where people enter for a short term and leave. Working here has been an experience.

Pros

Rate of pay. Friendly atmosphere

Cons

1:1 under paid for the required amount of work

June 22, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. As a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, we continuously partner with our leaders and employees to maintain our mission, vision, and values. We are committed to fostering an environment where our employees are valued and respected, and we take your concerns seriously. We also recommend you speak with your HR representative to discuss your feedback in greater detail.

Management is terrible

stressful environment, employees aren’t respectful towards others, work load is overwhelming with short staffed, favoritism over qualified candidates, management takes no responsibility for their mistakes. It’s pass the mistake onto others.

Pros

Free lunch, 1 hour breaks, holidays the usual

Cons

Health care, no advancement, management belittle people

June 22, 2022
Thank you for your feedback as a former Medical Assistant. Ensuring that our team members have the best career experience possible and that they feel empowered to expand their horizons is very important to us. Your comments are taken very seriously and will be shared internally. We wish you luck in your future career endeavors.

Good pay, nice coworkers

Overall, good pay and consistent raises. Nice coworkers. Good management. Good hours and overtime opportunities. Good training and growth opportunities.

Great benefits and great patients

Management wants employees to succeed, coworkers are helpful, and there is room to learn and grow. Tuition reimbursement is unlike any other. Fringe benefits/Perks are unfortunately better than the health insurance though. It’s at a lower cost to the employee, but I don’t know why I thought working for a health system would save me money in benefits. It’s definitely about the same as any other employer’s insurance, even going to their own doctors.

excellent work environment

the benefits are excellent, many opportunities to continue to grow and learn. most importantly, the patients are amazing and you will make a difference in others' lives

May 27, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review as a former Speech Pathologist Assistant. At Northwell Health, investing in our employees is extremely important to us. We want to ensure our team members have the best career experience possible and feel empowered to develop and grow within our organization. As a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, we continuously partner with our leaders and employees to ensure our mission, vision, and values are upheld across our hospitals and facilities. We appreciate your service to our organization and wish you luck in your future career endeavors.

Short staffed, resources limited, doing other peoples jobs

I dislike leaving a negative review however it's needed. It's short staffed, you often have to do another persons work, not enough resources, supplies, spread thin, 6-7 patients, high turn around, no consideration for safety or the nurses. Management is helpful and tries to advocate and help nurses however their pull is limited and the same problems exist. Employees are burnt out.

Pros

Employee appreciation often celebrated at hospital with free food and things, Discounts on many businesses, Flexibility with schedule, Great health insurance and benefits, Pay higher than most hospitals

Cons

Employees are over worked and stressed the pay isn't worth it, You can't transfer to another unit or position until after a year, Nurse preceptors are burnt out, employees quit often, High turn over with patients

May 23, 2022
We appreciate your feedback as a current Registered Nurse. As a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, we continuously partner with our leaders and employees to maintain our mission, vision, and values. We highly value our nursing team, consisting of more than 18,000 dedicated RNs, and encourage you to speak with your HR representative to express your concerns in greater detail as we take them very seriously.

Fun place to work

The compensation can be better. Has to travel between offices. Job changed with location. No time to go to school and very limited career advancement.

Northwell SSUH Radiology is an extremely busy high volume Department. The shifts ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED!!

Northwell SSUH Radiology is an extremely busy high volume department. The shifts are ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED!! Expect to work by yourself a lot and do a lot of work. You get mandated to do xtra shifts. The pay is extremely low compared to other hospitals. The management is ineffective and complaints fall on deaf ears. There is no appreciation and it is hard to get days off. The only good thing was the benefits its union 1199. The benefits weren't enough to stay so I left.

Pros

1199 Union benefits are great and pension, good coworkers, Northwell does some nice things for the employees

Cons

Very busy, Short staffed, Mandiations, low pay, can't get days off, Very Bad unqualified management that bully and speak horrible to their employees.

Good job

Good culture within hospital, respect the management alot and have alot of channels for help when we need. It is busy but have good support and supplies

Benefits, management and product are all first rate.Opportunity to grow and see the world when not working is my favorite part of being apart of this organization.

Room for growth. Management supports their staff the best they can

The company allows a lot of room for growth within your career and the benefits aren't bad. They could be better. Northwell has multiple locations so there is opportunity to transfer and move within the company.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for your feedback as a current Registered Nurse. Investing in our employees is extremely important to us. We want to ensure that our team members have the best career experience possible and that they feel empowered to develop and grow within our organization. Thank you for your service to our company!

Short staff,

More care and understanding for patients than staff. Good benefits and a little cheap on the pay. Been working at my hospital for over 36 years. The culture is about how many hats can you wear. while keeping your pay low. I also feel unappreciated by management.

Pros

Decent benefits and time off.

Cons

Seems to be too much rollover of personal.

May 10, 2022
Thank you for your feedback as a former Electrician. At Northwell, we continuously partner with our leaders and employees to maintain our mission, vision and values. We are committed to fostering an environment where our employees are valued and respected, and we take your concerns very seriously. We will share your comments internally. Thank you for your years or service to Northwell Health!

Pretty great

I enjoy working at Northwell. The pay is decent and the benefits are amazing. Would love to stay within the company and move up the ladder. At stressful times it can get a little hectic but management always comes through to help. Great work environment, feels like a family most times.

Horrendous Stay Away

Northwell is where careers end. STAY AWAY from the Finance and AP department. Management runs the department like its a charity and they expect employees to work for free. Management sets goals for employees and promises incentives if the goals are reached. Employees will never receive the incentives they were promised even if you double or triple your production. A lot of the people that work for Northwell are friends and family throughout the health system so promotions and the minuscule raises if any always go to the same people year after year. There is no opportunity for advancement. the Northwell model is simple try to get the most out of your employee while paying them as little as possible. The turnover rate is around 40% and the average stay is 6 months. if you are looking for a job with no career potential and a department restructure ever twelve months this is is the perfect opportunity for you.

Okay to work

Like most companies , just get the job done!!! Great pay compared to most. Great healthcare benefits. Stressful most times like any other job. Keep your education at its best and keep going!

May 10, 2022
We appreciate your review as a former Coding Specialist. We’re always looking for ways to enhance the competitive benefits we currently offer to support our employees, including a 24/7 clinical call center, a health and wellness portal, and an app for managing stress and behavioral health — plus access to workshops and wellness activities. Thank you for your service to our organization. We will share your comments internally.

Benefits

Great for benefits culture it’s an enjoyment working here people are great management tries as well. Union hospital that supports its union workers. Flexible schedule

March 22, 2022
Thank you for your review as a current Secretary at Northwell Health! We’re always looking for ways to enhance the competitive benefits we currently offer to support our employees, including a 24/7 clinical call center, a health and wellness portal, tuition reimbursement, among many others including access to workshops and wellness activities. We will be sure to share your comments internally.

Generally a good place to work at. Not much growth potential. Great colleagues, nice managers. Good work balance and salary. Poor access to internal group info.

Pros

Nice team mates, interesting projecs

Cons

No growth potential, increasingly bureaucratic makes it harder to get things done.

good

very good place to work; great culture & diversity, very inclusive workplace, highly recommend for long term advancement. Compensation is fair as well!

March 22, 2022
Thank you for your review as a current RN Staff Nurse! At Northwell Health, we want to ensure that our team members have the best career experience possible and that they feel empowered to expand their horizons and grow within our organization.

Very low pay. 17 a hour is so low.

Overworked for basically min wage. They low ball you and expect you to be happy working here. Understaffed and supervisor does not do or know anything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwell Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight