Northwest Administrators, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
No one was happy at this job
Data Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2018
If you like getting a phone call for being a minute late to work, then NWA is the place to work for you. Despite Seattle having some of the worst traffic in the country, being a minute late when you're normally 20 minutes early is one of the worst offenses you can commit at this company. Never have my breaks and my coming and going has been more scrutinized in the 20 years i've been working. one of the girls i worked with had been there for 25 years and received a talking to during a review for being 1 collective minute over her allotted time for the entire year. People had worked there for 25 years and maxed out at $25 an hour which is unbelievable. This job had a lot of similarities to The Office except not nearly as funny.
Production driven
Pension Estimator/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMay 23, 2018
Company has really good pension and medical benefits, free parking spaces, and coffee. Union based. Friendly staff. The facility includes a community room and a gym for a small fee.
A lot of unhappy employees
Accounting (Former Employee) –  SeattleApril 3, 2018
Stressful and lack of support from management. Not option if you have small kids. Company has grown a lot within the past two years and company was not prepared. Dumped a lot of extra work on current employees without extra support
Could be a great call center if...
Phone Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2018
The management there is absolutely horrible. I have worked in many call centers and this is the smallest but also the most petty. Everything from the air to how many times the window is open a day is controlled, they have even gone so far as to write up employees for STANDING!!! and it's ridiculous especially since the work itself is really easy. The union is supposed to protect you but because no one wants to step up and be a shop steward to managers take advantage of that. Anyone that they think is going to go to the union they try to make sure that they fire them before that takes place whether it's in probation or they just find a reason based on a false paper trail. If they made major changes to the management in the office I'm sure we'll make it brighter and a great place to work the pay is great the coworkers are great and it's in a great location. They've lost some really good employees simply because they can't see past their own ego.
Pros
Great location, small office, good pay
Cons
Horrible horrible HORRIBLE Management
Compensation does not match what the want in years of exoerience
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2018
Exempt employees beware this company wants experience they are just not willing to pay for. They have many outdated procedures and treat staff like they are children. Work was easy but overall i had little work to do on a daily basis found myself always seeking for something to do. Manager was clueless to claims processing so it was difficult at times to articulate issues because of lack of knowledge which was frustrating.
Pros
They will give you a chance if you have experience
Cons
Compensation, location, senior management style
This is a terribly managed company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2018
This company is old fashion, unorganized, upper management does not listen to its staff, poor morale, human resources micro manages everyone and the company does not care about its employees. You would be upset to invest your time with this company and then find out years later that they really care nothing about you. They make up stories about employees who they let go, who leave on maternity leave, who go out on sick leave or take any time off that is not vacation. This company forces people out of the door that they do not like and this has been going on for several years. Any past employee of this company can attest to this. If I could start all over again knowing what I know now about this company I would have not accepted a position with this company. If you are smart do not waste your time. They treat all there employees like bad with the exception of there very few favorites. Look at Glassdoor reviews they are all true about this company. During interviews they will tell you its all wrong but that is a lie. This company is a fraud and they should be put out of business with there unlawful employment practices.
Pros
Pay is decent especially if you dont have a college degree
Cons
Micro-managed, Long term employees feel stuck, Company is misrepresented during interviews, Dont ever be sick or get pregnant, The company has favorites, The company pries in your personal business, Finds out your medical information, and requires ridiculous documentation for medical situations.
Summerlin neighborhood is nice, good pay and benefits,
Client Service Center, Auditor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2017
Nice relaxed work culture. It is also nice to see the morale boosting going on. It was fun to have Fiesta Friday for the bargaining unit employees. Nice to see them trying ideas to keep people happy. Hardest part of the job is getting through the unbalanced workload on the support staff. Hope to see it improve in the near future.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Strict dress code; could use a more relaxed one
Work environment
Payroll Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2017
Pros:
Coworkers are helpful
Small growth

Con:
Company has old culture need to adapt to changes
Supervisors are not management type
Assistant manager is horrible manager
Very professional office
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98126April 2, 2017
NWA is very strict when it comes to dress code but it is a very professional office setting. It is a union job so it comes with a pension plan. Overall, there are some managerial issues that need to be resolved, but it is a nice place to work.
Overall I grew alot with the company
Health & Welfare Auditor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
The best experience I achieved from working at NWA was the ability to interact and develop business relationships with Trustees and Account Executives. I was able to provide innovations for daily processes, assist in opening two new offices by providing my training knowledge.
Pros
working with a diverse group of elite account account executives
Cons
no flexible work schedule, dress attire, micro management, no recognition for an outstanding job
Good place to gain experience
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2017
Very old school company that is trying to catch up with modern times. This can be pretty frustrating for recent grads or people getting their first job. If you are expecting a very modern culture you will be disappointed. Senior Management knows they need to start embracing new ideas but doesn't seem to listen to any of them that require any extensive changes. That being said, it isn't as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe. Most positions are pretty normal office jobs. The pay and benefits are decent (but falling behind for Seattle) and they offer a pretty good work life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Very 1960s style thinking
Pension Claims Adjustor, Reemployment Dept (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 25, 2017
Does not care about it's employees. If you have a young family, this is not the place for you. Micro managing at its finest.
Pros
Cons
everything
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Employer is a bargaining unit environment for processors. There are many long-term employees that have been with NWA for 40 plus years. The longevity includes the majority of the management at all levels.
Advancement within company are possible.
New Accounts and Withdrawal Contract Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2016
Advancement with this company are possible. Unfortunately, flex hours are not available at this time. Due to location of company in downtown Seattle, commute times are pretty ugly.
Benefits
Cons
Flexibility
Assist participants with their retirement needs.
Pension Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2015
Fast paced environment. Collect necessary documents to prepare participants to receive their retirement benefits. Processed early, regular, disability and death benefits. Learned how to review and verify, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates and divorce decrees. Verified participants work historyand researched any discrepancies. This job required attention to every detail requiremnt in order to process file for retirement payment.
Micro-managing, patronizing management team
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
There were a few good things about working here. The pay and benefits were excellent. I mastered my job and my work was appreciated by my peers. Unfortunately the management philosophy of this company was petty and insulting; it created a toxic work environment
Pros
Benefits, Wages, easy commute, some great co-workers
Cons
Being treated like an incompetent child, micro-management, tattle-tale culture
Stuck in the 70's
Pension Estimator (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 24, 2015
With an office full of 90% women, gossip is to be expected. You would expect when they are 40+ years of age, they'd be a little more appropriate; not the case. Uncomfortable environment, period.
Pros
Standard 8:30a-5p
Cons
Standard 8:30a-5p. Women must wear nylons even with pants on. Laughable!
NWA Corporate Trainer
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2014
My typical day at work would consist of developing training materials for the Customer Service Center or for the Management training series. I would use PowerPoint or Camtasia to development the materials for the classes. I can travel up to 3 weeks for training in Vegas or day trips to Daly City and Pasadena. The travel depends on the subject I am training and the location.

I have been able to development my training skills by including video training with the use of Camtasia. I taught myself the software and have produced three videos in the last five months.

Training is my strength and I am most fulfilled when I am able to do this on a regular basis. I like the development and the actual training as it uses my top strengths in working with people and being inclusive.
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Travel expenses, commute to work
Located in seattle
Pension Claims Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2014
Great to talk to retirees and process their applications. Stable company with union benefits
Pros
Legitimate company
Cons
1950 Mentality
Productive work environment
Log In/Data Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2014
Productive work environment. Everyone is professional. Easy to focus on tasks at hand.
Pros
Half of bus pass paid
Cons
Difficulty in scheduling time off