Northwest Administrators, Inc. Employee Reviews

Punctuality over Performance
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2018
This company is all about the minutia and has a very poor work environment. The employees are overwhelmed and underpaid. For my role, I considered the pay average but not worth staying with the micromanaging supervisors. Clocking in/out for morning/afternoon breaks & getting in trouble for one minute late is pretty ridiculous.
Run away from this company!!
Payroll Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 10, 2018
This company is a trap. Very poor upper management, especially the audit department. This company does not value any work employees put in. Managers are ready to throw their employees under the bus for their mistakes. Company likes to micromanage every employee. They make you pay for parking which is absurd. Learned which people not to hire for upper management.
Pros
No pros
Productive and fun workplace
DATA ENTRY CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2018
In general most of the employees and our customers were fantastic if I didnt need to relocate I would still be at this position!!! this was the best job i have ever had never had an issue with management workplace culture was controlled but very busy always doing something different never the same thing everyday!
Pros
resonable break time d
Need to come into the 21st Century
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
I found that working here was like sometime in the eighties. Very almost primitive work environment. The only reason that my staff had phones is because they had to correspond on occasion with another vendor. Individuals had to go to a common area to search on the internet and had limited time as there were only 3 computers in the break area. They want many years of experience but they are not willing to pay for that experience. If you are looking for a position to get experience this is a great place, but if you are wanting to seriously advance your career, this is not the place for you.
No one was happy at this job
Data Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2018
If you like getting a phone call for being a minute late to work, then NWA is the place to work for you. Despite Seattle having some of the worst traffic in the country, being a minute late when you're normally 20 minutes early is one of the worst offenses you can commit at this company. Never have my breaks and my coming and going has been more scrutinized in the 20 years i've been working. one of the girls i worked with had been there for 25 years and received a talking to during a review for being 1 collective minute over her allotted time for the entire year. People had worked there for 25 years and maxed out at $25 an hour which is unbelievable. This job had a lot of similarities to The Office except not nearly as funny.
Exhausting.
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 20, 2018
They still think it is 1950 there. This was a very uncomfortable position. I was constantly asked to do things that were ethically questionable. The demand of the staff only rivaled by the verbal abuse.
Pros
Can't find any
Cons
behind the times
A company ran with a fascist mindset that actively devalues it's employees
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2018
I learned a lot working at NWA. The vast majority of it is who management SHOULDN'T work. This company does not value it's employees and makes no effort to hide that.
Production driven
Pension Estimator/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, CAMay 23, 2018
Company has really good pension and medical benefits, free parking spaces, and coffee. Union based. Friendly staff. The facility includes a community room and a gym for a small fee.
Compensation does not match what the want in years of exoerience
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 7, 2018
Exempt employees beware this company wants experience they are just not willing to pay for. They have many outdated procedures and treat staff like they are children. Work was easy but overall i had little work to do on a daily basis found myself always seeking for something to do. Manager was clueless to claims processing so it was difficult at times to articulate issues because of lack of knowledge which was frustrating.
Pros
They will give you a chance if you have experience
Cons
Compensation, location, senior management style
A lot of unhappy employees
Accounting (Former Employee) –  SeattleApril 3, 2018
Stressful and lack of support from management. Not option if you have small kids. Company has grown a lot within the past two years and company was not prepared. Dumped a lot of extra work on current employees without extra support

Want to know more about Northwest Administrators, Inc.?

Ask a question
Could be a great call center if...
Phone Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2018
The management there is absolutely horrible. I have worked in many call centers and this is the smallest but also the most petty. Everything from the air to how many times the window is open a day is controlled, they have even gone so far as to write up employees for STANDING!!! and it's ridiculous especially since the work itself is really easy. The union is supposed to protect you but because no one wants to step up and be a shop steward to managers take advantage of that. Anyone that they think is going to go to the union they try to make sure that they fire them before that takes place whether it's in probation or they just find a reason based on a false paper trail. If they made major changes to the management in the office I'm sure we'll make it brighter and a great place to work the pay is great the coworkers are great and it's in a great location. They've lost some really good employees simply because they can't see past their own ego.
Pros
Great location, small office, good pay
Cons
Horrible horrible HORRIBLE Management
A place for consistent work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 11, 2018
Depending on the role your training in process can take a bit, once training is over if you do something wrong you advised to fix it, nothing about how to fix it or feedback even if you ask for it. A lot of managers and supervisors have cycled through roles so they know the upper management in almost all of the departments so if you want to move up you have to suck up.

If you want a consistent paycheck this is where to apply, once you are trained there are ample opportunities for overtime because of the lack of process improvement execution. In Seattle there is limited parking- it is paid or on the street where you have to move your car every so often, you can be mid sentence with someone and they say I have to move my car.

The health benefits are decent, if you are salaried you get sick days and options for flex days- I know that union folks may or may not get these options.

I don’t know much about the offsite offices- Mountlake Terrace or federal way but the parking is free there and the commute is less burdensome and the salaries employees still get their flex time options.

A lot of people like to be right or put blame rather than caring about serving the needs of our clients, it is a customer service environment- there are not clearly defined values- for a company that’s been around its hard to understand how they’ve succeeded or will continue to with new technology- some systems still have windows 7.

They pride their leaders in attending situational leadership trainings but they rarely are present to be leaders.
Pros
Consistent paycheck, jeans on fridays
Cons
Lack of opportunities for feedback, nepotism
Summerlin neighborhood is nice, good pay and benefits,
Client Service Center, Auditor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2017
Nice relaxed work culture. It is also nice to see the morale boosting going on. It was fun to have Fiesta Friday for the bargaining unit employees. Nice to see them trying ideas to keep people happy. Hardest part of the job is getting through the unbalanced workload on the support staff. Hope to see it improve in the near future.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Strict dress code; could use a more relaxed one
Overall I grew alot with the company
Health & Welfare Auditor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2017
The best experience I achieved from working at NWA was the ability to interact and develop business relationships with Trustees and Account Executives. I was able to provide innovations for daily processes, assist in opening two new offices by providing my training knowledge.
Pros
working with a diverse group of elite account account executives
Cons
no flexible work schedule, dress attire, micro management, no recognition for an outstanding job
Good place to gain experience
Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 22, 2017
Very old school company that is trying to catch up with modern times. This can be pretty frustrating for recent grads or people getting their first job. If you are expecting a very modern culture you will be disappointed. Senior Management knows they need to start embracing new ideas but doesn't seem to listen to any of them that require any extensive changes. That being said, it isn't as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe. Most positions are pretty normal office jobs. The pay and benefits are decent (but falling behind for Seattle) and they offer a pretty good work life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Very 1960s style thinking
Assist participants with their retirement needs.
Pension Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2015
Fast paced environment. Collect necessary documents to prepare participants to receive their retirement benefits. Processed early, regular, disability and death benefits. Learned how to review and verify, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates and divorce decrees. Verified participants work historyand researched any discrepancies. This job required attention to every detail requiremnt in order to process file for retirement payment.
Like being in prison
Data Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2012
This was the second worst job I've ever had. A typical day was sitting at a desk going through lines of data for 3-4 hours, then continuing on to other data entry projects. Communication issues and constantly fluctuating expectations made it difficult to perform satisfactorily. I only worked with one other person, and we were certainly not friends. The hardest part of the job is sitting by yourself all day doing boring, meaningless data entry and being unable to listen to music, even though the job is a solitary one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no coffee/tea/music/pictures at your desk, 30 min lunch, no cell phone use
unionized job with great pay
Insurance Policy Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 24, 2013
you get trained on all the jobs unless you come in with experience, you start off on the bottom tier of pay for the position, but every three months your pay goes up until you hit the max pay then yearly you get cost of living increase. The management can be nice or they can make life miserable. I unfortunately moved to a department with a supervisor who I really did not like. I finally left after she hit a nerve with me.
Pros
pay, starbucks across the street, great people to meet
Cons
poor parking, management can be snooty
Micro-managing, patronizing management team
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2015
There were a few good things about working here. The pay and benefits were excellent. I mastered my job and my work was appreciated by my peers. Unfortunately the management philosophy of this company was petty and insulting; it created a toxic work environment
Pros
Benefits, Wages, easy commute, some great co-workers
Cons
Being treated like an incompetent child, micro-management, tattle-tale culture
Fast paced environment
Supervisor, Day Shift (Current Employee) –  EastlakeNovember 4, 2013
Management likes to micro-manage. They hire supervisors to basically take care of the staff, but if they don't like a staff member, work with you to find "errors" so they can be terminated. As a supervisor, I worked over 8 hours a day, worked weekends for mandatory overtime, but never received comp time if I asked for a day off.
Pros
The contract employees are a great bunch of people.
Cons
Management's lack of people skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Administrators, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6